ForumsWEPRHave We Become Too Attached To Technology?

100 16458
darkhandmaster
darkhandmaster
62 posts
Nomad

Have we gotten to attached to technology?
What happens if one day all of the things we rely just stop working?
State your opnions

• 100 Replies
Jtwolf22
Jtwolf22
143 posts
Nomad

That will never happen unless we have a nuclear war but in that case we will most like of die from radiation.

Roadripper
Roadripper
1,514 posts
Farmer

Yep everyone knows we have...

oh, and this is off topic, but could you please tell me (On my profile) if you like this armatar or the Eagle one better?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://i34.tinypic.com/1zego54.png

~RR~

BostonXBound
BostonXBound
16 posts
Nomad

Of course we are far to dependent.
If they ever stop working, there will probably be some sort of war. Which leads to even more issues.
Wahoo

Roadripper
Roadripper
1,514 posts
Farmer

Never mind about the armatar, it has been solved. Continue with the debate.

Kanos
Kanos
175 posts
Nomad

There are so many movies on this subject - we would not survive without technology -the world would plunge into chaos

Yakooza99K
Yakooza99K
588 posts
Nomad

Ya, I have this cousin who spends all day on the computer, and his iTouch and occasionaly his TV, seriously hes addicted to it and wont get off

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Yes, and big corporations are all to blame
We would live just fine without these things, but noooooooo, someone had to make a profit off us.

Yakooza99K
Yakooza99K
588 posts
Nomad

Drace your the noob I was talking about

d0m1nated14
d0m1nated14
718 posts
Farmer

Yes we have been attached to technology. If you say I cant live without TV, think of the times before TV...

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Oh, heck yes.

Get a blackout, and you'll have nothing to do!

"oh noes, no more ArmorGames for a few hours!!! Ahh, what will we do?!"

But technology just makes life ever so simpler, you can choose to use or ignore. For example, library catalogues! Those are a miracle wonder, or you could choose to look for it, yourself.

Either way, we depend and become attached only when we need to.

Also, what do you mean technology? Aren't pens or pencils some form of technology?!

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

But technology just makes life ever so simpler, you can choose to use or ignore. For example, library catalogues! Those are a miracle wonder, or you could choose to look for it, yourself.

Even if technology made an individual be able to do 10 hour of work in an hour, its no achievement. Just the eventual basic standard of living.
InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Okay Drace, point well noted.

But I was just saying that getting thousands of books into a catalogue for a person to look up... well... it's just a tad bit amazing... to me

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Well it was done before.

Industries create change when we don't request them. Thats the free market. People's wants for a profit creates products we don't need :-$.

The advancement in technology, is too rapid. I liked it before the Industrial Revolution.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Oh yeah, most definitely.

The one thing that I've found annoying are these cellphones they're coming out with.

"You can watch television on your cellphone now!"

But who honestly wants to watch a show, like The Sopranos, on a tiny smudge one calls a screen?

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Oh and lets not totally blame it on the industries, were the ones who buy the things they sell although they are designed too be attractive to us. We don't realize what were doing.

Showing 1-15 of 100