ForumsSupport Forummini-mods

154 18426
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

This came from eddie 13's suggestion page, but thought it might be noticed more here. What if there were mini-mods. They would go around the forums and erase comments, and forum posts. They could not give out merits and such, but just delete comments and spamy stuff. What do you guys think?

• 154 Replies
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Im on a lot you don't see me doing any good......

EPIC OFF TOPIC.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

OK yes I know being very active does not mean you are a good mod,but seriously what is the topic.I mean we are talking about mods after all.Its a little confusing to me.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Carlie is on. Ask her.

Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

Let's face it, WE NEED MORE MODS. Unfortunately, we aren't getting new ones very often. Since we're users, nothing we can do about that.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Unfortunately. Everything in life has to be like that xD

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Yes there aren't very many active mods (so we think) but that is the rest of the mods' decision whether they want to add more.

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

That might help. It would take some dog gone skittles to accomplish a working one that isn't messed up and deletes really important topics. It's a thought.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Someone did, but she's probably busy and hasn't gotten around to checking her comments.

I'm waiting for a mod to either shoot this down or agree with it

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Carlie is on! Someone ask her!

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Oh well, it's not over until it's over

And it was fun dreaming up the concept :P

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Oh yeah. I think it was called Auto-Mods? So can someone fax this to Carlie to lock now or do we wait for her to come here?

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Stop posting the same thing over and over again.

The concept is gone. The idea has been brought up before (as I recall somewhere)

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Stop talking about how this needs locked and how there is a bunch of spam in here. The best thing to do is ignore it. If people want to continue talking about the idea then let them. A mod will handle the situation. Posting that this is spam and needs to be locked only causes more people to post here and for more spam to acure.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Last comment!

SS just told me he suggested it before. We're out of luck, guys. This idea will be shot down.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

If we trusted a user enough to make them a mini-mod, they why wouldn't we just make them a full moderator? This just doesn't make sense to me. Why give them some tools, but not others? So it is ok if less trustworthy members are given only a certain selection of tools to possibly abuse instead of all of them... I think it is pretty much an all or nothing thing. If we want someone to be a moderator, we ask them to join the team.

There really is no in between. Sorry :-\\

Showing 106-120 of 154