ForumsSupport Forummini-mods

154 18429
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

This came from eddie 13's suggestion page, but thought it might be noticed more here. What if there were mini-mods. They would go around the forums and erase comments, and forum posts. They could not give out merits and such, but just delete comments and spamy stuff. What do you guys think?

• 154 Replies
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

ok carlie.......you know best I suposse. Thanks for looking at this any way. Well, I guesse I just wanted to awnser your question there. Alot of the mods are not on for parts of the day, and spam builds up, and people complain becuse no mods are on. If a mini-mod was on they could go blow it up, and then they would all be happy. I am not saying that you guys dont do a wonderfull job cleaning it up when you get on but inbetween it gets spamy.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

True, yes, a "mini-mod" could be able to abuse his/her power, but that would be the same as being a normal mod, I guess.

Yes, Carlie does know best

Invrlose
Invrlose
13 posts
Nomad

That's a good idea, kinda like another game's "Forum Mods"... They can lock posts and hide comments, but can't issue ingame bans... This would help a lot with spam and stuff

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Yeah I thought so to. Why if you trust the person not give them all the powers?

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Carlie responded to this at 4 am in the morning.....at least by my time.AG time goes by eastern time BTW,but is a little off by maybe 10 minutes or so.Anyways now that you have shot this down its only a matter of time before it get full of spam comments,so it would be best to lock this now while you have the chance.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Carlie responded to this at 4 am in the morning.....at least by my time.AG time goes by eastern time BTW,but is a little off by maybe 10 minutes or so.Anyways now that you have shot this down its only a matter of time before it get full of spam comments,so it would be best to lock this now while you have the chance.

The mods know how to do their job. Sorry to say this but that was the first spam comment. Most spam is started from people who are against spam. Ironic? Very, but it is a chain of "this should be locked because there is/will be spam," and "this thread is plain spam" that realy clutters up. Please allow the mods to determing what is spam and what is not spam. It is not your job to worry, your job is to enjoy the site and keep it running by being active. = )

If you do see spam, just flag it. If you have any concerns, leave a comment on the mod's profile (though it is best to just ignore the situation in most cases and simply flag the spam.)
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Carlie responded to this at 4 am in the morning.

Lol, I am on west coast time, I was not up that late
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

so its still around 11:00 am over there than.I seriously don't get why AG goes by Eastern time if the office is in California though.Is it because more people live in this time zone or something?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Hey, cool!

I'm on west coast time too.

It's only 11:30.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

yeah I have a thing called fox clocks so I can get the time of any area within minutes.Its a pretty sweet add-on.Anyways lets not get too off topic.

Claw_Dragon4
Claw_Dragon4
369 posts
Nomad

is it just or is carlie the only mod i see now a days?

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Well for the most part yes,but I am seeing Daniel McNeely alot more lately,and I see flipski every now and the along with Dragon Mistress.But over the Weekend all of the mods except Carlie apparently took a break.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Calm and Moegreche and Strop were on today, no idea about Asherlee, Dank and Ubertuna.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Wow, 14 pages. This was discussed before, no? People have the power to stop spam, even though I agreed with the idea at the beginning, I do believe my view has change. The mods and admins are doing a bang up job, it's the users on AG that need to change if you ask me

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Anyways now that you have shot this down its only a matter of time before it get full of spam comments,so it would be best to lock this now while you have the chance.

Look how many times you posted after you said that talking about time? Sorry, don't want to seem like I am trying to be a pain but don't say a thread will have spam from a bunch of people then spam it yourself.
Showing 121-135 of 154