ForumsSupport ForumForum Merits

85 12112
dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

Okay, sorry for the stupid title, but you have to admit, it got you here now. So start reading.
I think FORUM POSTS should be eligible for merits. Say somebody writes a well written, full sonny walkthrough, a book review, movie review, something that could help the site... Somebody give me ONE reason they shouldnt get a merit for it?
for example, I wrote a Book review for Odd Thomas. I thought it was pretty good, almost merit worthy. im not trying to get at anything by saying this, but im sure theres MANY walkthroughs and things like that that deserve merits.

• 85 Replies
Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

I agree fully. I also think that among reviews and the other things you mentioned, a good suggestion should be merit worthy.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I mean, I've seen some darn good reviews, walkthroughs, guides, and stories on here, and I wondered why people don't get rewarded as they should be.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

There are some great forum posts out there. I think those people deserve something.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

Well, you know what I mean. I still think the other things should be rewarded...

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

I think this idea could work. It would not only reward people for doing good posts but it would also encourage better quality posts from everyone. There would be less 2 word posts. I like it.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

It would certainly encourage more walkthroughs and reviews. and thats a good thing.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Well the way merits are given out now are for comments,and the contest winners have to post a comment on a mods page to get the merit as a reward.It is given to them through that comment.Now your probably wondering what that has to do with this.Well.....Nothing really,but if they wanted to give merits for stories then they could already.It would just be a bit more difficult to do that's all.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Well then just about half of the posts in the World Events section would have merits.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

she's not talking about long comments,many MANY posts in that forum are very detailed and honored.if you went there you would actually know.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Well then just about half of the posts in the World Events section would have merits.

Well, we could limit to that...
Not all long comments have to be merited.
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Well, we could limit to that...
Not all long comments have to be merited.

It isn't about the length, it is about quality. And the fact is we tend to get a lot of quality posts in that forum.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Carlie one thing not to get off topic.How do you know which comment you got merited?

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

At least that. That tends to be the section where the users go to really have a true intellectual conversation, which is why they are almost all long and detailed.

I think if this idea were to be initiated, it would be on a crash course to failure, to put it bluntly.
dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

Im not talking simple posts. While The posts in The World Events section are good, they use a lot of outside information and links. I mean things such as Walkthroughs, Reviews, things like that. Things that the AG community can use not just to learn, but to lean then toward a certain game, book, or movie.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Ooooooh i understand, basically things that help users and the site.

Well in that case i think this is an excellent idea.

Showing 1-15 of 85