ForumsSupport ForumSpending AP.

101 14351
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

i think we should be able to spen ap in the non-pay way by giving mods ap (not to there score ,but they just get deleted?) for changing usernames, getting font type changes for 24 hours, and special recognition for a day.and also an add on your special day!(birthday) the add would be 10% of your total spendings between the day you started and your b-day..what do you think? and the prices,what should they be?

• 101 Replies
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

There is no point in Spending AP. The AP system as kevin44 says is to show how active you are in getting merits, commenting and rating games and stuff.

Snizz19
Snizz19
377 posts
Nomad

sounds good to me

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Wow,think about the thread i started "How cool is the persons name above you?" it would look weird if we could change our names,and dont you think ap is a waste just sitting there piling up for no reason but only one little reason to rank up?and not many users are satisfied with just that i see alot of people making suggestions about stuff to do so i thought of spending AP.

Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

dont you think ap is a waste just sitting there piling up for no reason but only one little reason to rank up?

Yeah, I agree with you on that part, there are plenty of ways to get AP buts it serves almost no use, I think what we could do is hit a button to convert Armor Points to Armor Credits(your AP doesn't go down though), that will give you AC equal to 1/2 your AP and can't be done again till say another 1000 AP.
Another Idea- lets say I got 300 AP today I would earn 150 AC that day, after a week of inactivity I'd lose 15 AC.
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

dont you think ap is a waste just sitting there piling up for no reason but only one little reason to rank up?

That is it's reason. To rank up, unlock new armatars, etc. I just don't like this idea. AP is to show how active of a user you are, there isn't anything wrong with it. Why change what is good already?
and not many users are satisfied with just that

Really? I have never heard any one complaining about it until now.
Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

etc.

Etc? there is no etc, ranking up and getting new armatars are the only thing AP is good for, besides showing activity.
Really? I have never heard any one complaining about it until now.

May be you should around a bit more.
N00BKiller
N00BKiller
255 posts
Peasant

i disagree. this would just bring even MORE spamming to AG!

some people just say to themselfs, i just need a little more AP! and they begin to spam! this isn't such a great idea if u ask me.....

champion10
champion10
518 posts
Shepherd

Well i agree with N00BKiller this will bring spamming all over Armor Games.

Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

Well i agree with N00BKiller this will bring spamming all over Armor Games.

Arrogance sickens me, Spam is going to exist no matter how the AG system is, its not the spending AP idea that causes it, people would find other excuses to spam in the current system anyway, just because I'm putting a reward at the end doesn't make spam any more prevalent. If people want to spam like crazy, fine they'll get banned, but remember spammers always have excuses. This idea is increase activity if brings more spam fine, it will also bring better more constructive posts, and increased more members.
kewlstuff
kewlstuff
92 posts
Nomad

i thot of that also, but in a different way. i figured it would be kewl 2 be able to upgrade ur page a lot of times (upgrading more, and more, and more). or to hav a shop 4 ur page. it would be also kewl to buy armatars, not just earn them. and it would be kewl to change how ur mouse looks! like instead of a arrow it could be a...well theres a lot of things it could be. i just think there should be a shop on armorgames that u can buy stuff all over the site. (once u spend ap tho, u should still hav a history of them and somewhere it will say how much uve earned in all since u started ag. that way people wont lost their position on top scoring list like firetail, or roadripper).

Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

Yeah, you could keep your rank just not have the AP, if were going to have a online shop it should for a multitude of things, and should be updated like once every 2 weeks or something, not just release 3 changes done.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

AC could be good,but i dont think you should get half of what you earned in ap...lets say, you know how people always ask for rewards? like 100 comments/fp well AC could be there reward!! lets say,an easy 100 comments turns into 100 AC!

Serenade_Shotgun
Serenade_Shotgun
472 posts
Nomad

I've seen a lot of good points about this so far. I doubt this idea will ever get started, because thereare a lot of flaws. Spamming is the most obvious one. And also, what if someone tried to spend there A.P and something went wrong? Just think about that.

But I feel like throwing in an idea, I say you should be able to buy sets of Armators. Like change all the amounts needed, and make all of them cost like 1000 A.P, and people choose at random what set they want. It could piss of a lot of people, but it could be fun. =D

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

could be a good idea but would take the fun away from everything..well if this will encourage spamming so do armatars,but still AG still has armatars,think about that.

Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

I still don't believe spamming is encouragedby anything. People who spam do it for random reasons and their own amusement. Occasionally, yes their are people who spam to get points or posts, I suggest the community makes better use of flag function then.
-Drognar

Showing 46-60 of 101