ForumsSupport ForumLet's get rid of AP

101 13078
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

All AP has ever caused is problems, spam, and that stuff. Stupid ideas for more ways of getting AP and pages of complaints on AP and spam to get AP. AP is suppose to make people talk more, it's suppose to be a nice incentive for people and be a fun addition, just one small part of AG... but it has become the sole reason to be here for people, so much spam because of AP... it's so convoluted. Can we please just get rid of it. Keep posts and comments and all that fun stuff, and merits and just get rid of AP. Make merits our new currency. It nice and can only be gotten through review of an actual mod. Nothing good comes from AP and no one can argue otherwise.

I know it's a huge thing, I know a bunch of kids will hate and flame me because all they do is post for AP, but this is for the best.

• 101 Replies
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

you could just go onto AG, and then leave your browser open, and walk away from your computer

yeah that is big time cheating
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

If you get rid or AP then Armorgames would have nothing special. It would just be a plain old site.

Yeah an old/nothing new/regular/ boring site.
LordBob
LordBob
517 posts
Nomad

I've been here a while, I've seen the pros and cons of AP. I think that entirely getting rid of it is bad. I think that forums and comments should not get AP, and Rating Games and Merits should get more. You can still keep your post and comment count, but it won't add to your AP.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

yeah but rating is limited and merits are hard to get.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Wow i got to say, i love this forum!

MagiX
MagiX
1,015 posts
Nomad

I don't think that we should get rid of AP because of spammers and such, i just think that we should discipline the users that do spam because of AP better.

Also, AP probably shouldnt be a goal, its used to show how active users are on a site

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

discipline the users

One word...
IMPOSSIBLE

And AP needs to be a reward for hard work right!
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

mmn... we will always have spam, (juan999999's post above me was spammy) and you guys know it... better not try and be the hero when you'll just end up making a mess... also, latly, the forums have been my main source of AP, I'd hate to see all that go...

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

How is that spam man!!!!!!!!

MagiX
MagiX
1,015 posts
Nomad

Juan, it's not impossible. its easy,(mods) just warn the users if they are spamming, and if they excessively spam, maybe temporarily ban them.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yeah but they would just come back everyday and NEVER finish

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

also, latly, the forums have been my main source of AP, I'd hate to see all that go...

Mine too. I don't talk that much with people (I always reply if you talk to me, but I don't start conversations), I don't write comments on games any longer unless I wanna go for a long constructive comment, so... I only get them from being active in the center of the community (the forums) and rating games.

And no, I don't think they should be taken out... To me, it kinda makes AG into a game on it's own. The more you play, the higher the rank. Spamming to get points is exactly the same as cheating, which is why I don't give much for people who's main source of AP comes from comments while they have little to no forum posts...

The system works, it's just some people who are stupid enough to think it's funny to spam.
MagiX
MagiX
1,015 posts
Nomad

Yeah but they would just come back everyday and NEVER finish
You're taking this too seriously. I know that we can't totally eliminate spam, but we can reduce by alot.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Mine too. I don't talk that much with people (I always reply if you talk to me, but I don't start conversations), I don't write comments on games any longer unless I wanna go for a long constructive comment, so... I only get them from being active in the center of the community (the forums) and rating games.
And no, I don't think they should be taken out... To me, it kinda makes AG into a game on it's own. The more you play, the higher the rank. Spamming to get points is exactly the same as cheating, which is why I don't give much for people who's main source of AP comes from comments while they have little to no forum posts...
The system works, it's just some people who are stupid enough to think it's funny to spam.

Wow can anyone explain better than this.This is a perfect summarize of the whole forum.AP is what keeps it going and hat is going to keep it going.
lil_gangsta72
lil_gangsta72
375 posts
Nomad

ap is what keeps everyone going

Showing 31-45 of 101