ForumsSupport ForumLet's get rid of AP

101 13081
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

All AP has ever caused is problems, spam, and that stuff. Stupid ideas for more ways of getting AP and pages of complaints on AP and spam to get AP. AP is suppose to make people talk more, it's suppose to be a nice incentive for people and be a fun addition, just one small part of AG... but it has become the sole reason to be here for people, so much spam because of AP... it's so convoluted. Can we please just get rid of it. Keep posts and comments and all that fun stuff, and merits and just get rid of AP. Make merits our new currency. It nice and can only be gotten through review of an actual mod. Nothing good comes from AP and no one can argue otherwise.

I know it's a huge thing, I know a bunch of kids will hate and flame me because all they do is post for AP, but this is for the best.

• 101 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

If they ignore you, it probably wasn't important enough compared to the rest of the stuff they had to deal with.
The moderation team is very busy. Personally, I've never been ignored. They don't always reply, but things are being dealt with. Don't be too hard on them. The mods are doing it for free, and the staff... Well, they all have lives outside AG too...
Btw, this thread has been spammed... Keep comments on topic and lighthearted, will you?

MagiX
MagiX
1,015 posts
Nomad

Sorry juan, but flaming is where you purposely harass other members. It is usually a serious matter in forums because members usually flame back, and that starts arguments that end up tutning into huge fights. Just try not to flame and it helps alot. (btw im not accusing you of anything mate)
ok, lets get back on track.

Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

AP is the root of a lot of corruption in AG, that is for sure. We don't need to get rid of AP though. What we need to is crack down on spammers, 60-90% of spammers understand that what their doing is wrong and continue to doing for their own selfish means. People who spam excessively should be IP-banned.

Craze77
Craze77
813 posts
Peasant

If we got rid of AP how would we get armatars?

MagiX
MagiX
1,015 posts
Nomad

60-90% of spammers understand that what their doing is wrong and continue to doing for their own selfish means.

i wouldnt say 60-90%. alot of members are usually kids that just want to play internet games, and they dont even know what spamming is. But what would help is to tell them they are wrong and not to do it, instead of flaming them or just letting them go.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Is it just me or this forum diead on ideas?

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Okay yeah not 60-90 but about 45 %.The thing is that maybe they also get insulted by other users get insulted and they let their rage on the site.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Exacly.45 spamming 80 for AP.This site is in a crtical position gusy!What shold we do?

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Ok, get rid of them. Ok, now what do we do? it becomes like ever other fourm, and game site. AG is something special. i may agree with getting rid of them, but more then 90% of the community would leave.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

90% is way to much.But like 90% is not even active!

MagiX
MagiX
1,015 posts
Nomad

discuss. first of all its not that hard to fix if the whole community goes with it.

lil_gangsta72
lil_gangsta72
375 posts
Nomad

i think this would be a horrible idea and there goes veryone on ag except you

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Hey yeah!Theres only about 150 ussers online!!I think we could fix it!Do you think we can make a difference!

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Ok juan, get rid of 90% of what we have now. That is like maybe 100 people after we get rid of AP. And what were you complaning about hard work to get those points? How is it hard? Or work at all? Ag is about FUN Not about points, and being the best. I have this much Ap from chatting. I do it not for points but to have fun and tlak with other people.

MagiX
MagiX
1,015 posts
Nomad

percent doesnt matter, like ive said, just warn users if they are spamming. and if there is excessive spamming, tell a mod. They should listen

Showing 61-75 of 101