ForumsSupport ForumLet's get rid of AP

101 13091
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

All AP has ever caused is problems, spam, and that stuff. Stupid ideas for more ways of getting AP and pages of complaints on AP and spam to get AP. AP is suppose to make people talk more, it's suppose to be a nice incentive for people and be a fun addition, just one small part of AG... but it has become the sole reason to be here for people, so much spam because of AP... it's so convoluted. Can we please just get rid of it. Keep posts and comments and all that fun stuff, and merits and just get rid of AP. Make merits our new currency. It nice and can only be gotten through review of an actual mod. Nothing good comes from AP and no one can argue otherwise.

I know it's a huge thing, I know a bunch of kids will hate and flame me because all they do is post for AP, but this is for the best.

• 101 Replies
MagiX
MagiX
1,015 posts
Nomad

Yeah a moid hasn't even been on???OK magiX i need some of your magic!
xD

No because some guy said something stupid like PANCAKEWAFFLEPICKLESAUCEHORSESHOEPESTICIDESGREENBOOGERGURGATATED!!!!!!!!!! and some guy got pissed off for no reason and overeacted. Please tell me what the big problem is about spam?! It doesn't bother me. Why is it such a big issue????

The problem about spamming is that when one person makes and offtopic post, other people get offtopic too, from that first post. its like a chain reaction. It also usually makes other people angry too. Some people even Troll which is where they spam on purpose to make other people mad, or to irritate them.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

You just wait man and you'll ge annoyed.OK on topic-How can WE make spam less possible and stoppable

MagiX
MagiX
1,015 posts
Nomad

ive said this about 3 or 4 times already.

There are alot of things we could do, such as:
1. Dont spam yourself. everyone does it every once in a while, but try not to.
2. Alert the Staff, thats what their job is, to help the site and its members.
3. tell the spammer that its wrong, but dont flame them.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yes but we are talking why we shouldn't.So far it's pretty good!

MagiX
MagiX
1,015 posts
Nomad

Sodis, we got off track. but it isnt really a bad thing necessarily, because we are discussing how to make the site better.

TheonlyMasterChef
TheonlyMasterChef
86 posts
Nomad

No because some guy said something stupid like PANCAKEWAFFLEPICKLESAUCEHORSESHOEPESTICIDESGREENBOOGERGURGATATED!!!!!!!!!! and some guy got pissed off for no reason and overeacted. Please tell me what the big problem is about spam?! It doesn't bother me. Why is it such a big issue????
The problem about spamming is that when one person makes and offtopic post, other people get offtopic too, from that first post. its like a chain reaction. It also usually makes other people angry too. Some people even Troll which is where they spam on purpose to make other people mad, or to irritate them
So all you computer nerds get mad over something that doesn't matter? I don't talk off subject just because some as.shat said "Pie is good!"

Flag
I don't know about you masterchief, but I don't want to see stuff like "I like cheese" on a game comment.

Will that kill you if someone puts that??
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

(by the way, is double posting against the rules here? its usually against the rules on most of the other sites ive been on)

It is strongly discouraged, and considered spam if a user does it often. Like juan on this thread (no hard feelings juan, but try copy/pasting what you've written and reload the page to see if there's more you need to add before you post).
yea, i think we should be able to edit our posts. ill suggest it later.

That has been suggested MANY times. Don't suggest it again, but feel free to dig up an old thread about it.

Also, regarding no mods being on... Strop was, twenty minutes ago. But he tends to be busy in the art section.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yep man i love it.So look spam started were how and why.

MagiX
MagiX
1,015 posts
Nomad

So all you computer nerds get mad over something that doesn't matter? I don't talk off subject just because some as.shat said "Pie is good!"
Ok, calling others computer nerds is flaming. And Exactly! it does make people mad, and when people get mad, they act out; they usually act out by flaming others and say things like "SHUT UP NEWB YOUR WRONG!" just because they are mad. They dont think of what that one post will create and how mad it will make others. Like i said before, Spamming is like a chain reaction.
Moegreche
Moegreche
3,827 posts
Duke

The "get rid of AP" idea has been suggested time and again - and the simple fact is that people will spam whether there is AP or not. The entire site is really built around the AP thing, so it's pretty much here to stay. It encourages active participation in the community, which overall is a good thing.
As far as whether spam ever killed anyone or not, that's really not the point. Spamming is against the rules of the site - period. If you want to be a member here, you must follow the rules whether or not they are "just" or "right".
That being said, I don't see this topic resolving anything that the other dozen or so topics like this couldn't, so....

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

You guys! you are spaming wether you realise it or not! It is not about the origal topic anymmore. You are talking about how to get rid of spam. The suggestion was to get rid of Ap which you are not talking about.

Showing 91-101 of 101