ForumsSupport ForumOne Comment Per Game.

131 20059
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I've recently seen that it worked pretty well, so I might as well suggest it.

How about we were only allowed one review/comment on each game? I've seen people who have repeatedly commented on one game over and over again to gain the AP.

This would also work very well with an edit option just in case the person makes a mistake.

• 131 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I told you, all those problems can all be fixed with an edit option.

Helrayser
Helrayser
475 posts
Peasant

awesoem idea, my stepbro does this to get points, he rated a few games too, but this is all he does for points sometimes

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Exactly my point.
But it does still have drawbacks, however.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

well in order to make this work it would require a few new options,to make it work well,without downfalls,and all of this would take a lot of coding I would imagine,but here they are.

1.Create the edit option for comments

2.Separate the game and profile comments so that you would be able to comment on a friends profile more then once.

3.Then they would have to add a feature where you could go straight to your comment on a game(which would be the last one once it is implemented,b/c people already have multiple comments on a game)so you won't have to search through 10-20 pages at times to find their comment.

4.This last one I would imagine would be the only one that would probably be controversial.It is to have your comment show up at the top of the comments when it is edited.The problem is people could bump their comments,trying possibly to get merits,but otherwise editing an old comment to tell about things like glitches would be useless.They could add a new forum for Flash game support though,like to report glitches within the games,if they find them after they post an old comment on a game though.Either way it would be complicated to do,and possibly unnecessary.

So there is everything I can think of that would help with this idea and I think it would be easy to tell that,that would be quite a bit of work,so while I like it,they would probably have to put it on the back-burner to do later.I am not quite sure though.

kamakid
kamakid
54 posts
Nomad

yay i think that a good idea

and plus if you are allowed one comment that you can edit
then ppl wount be able to rack up ap by just commenting a million times

silentclore
silentclore
297 posts
Nomad

NO Because what if someone wants to come back to a game and make a merit worthy comment for it. Who cares about the spammers, just ban them

justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

What if for free rider you want to coment a cool track you just made.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

silentclore that is why they would make the old none worthy comment into a new one,and keep in mind this isn't a small incident.There are probably tons,maybe hundreds or thousands of people making these comments.I don't think they have time to ban that many people and delete all of those comments.The only solution is to prevent them from happening in the first place.Thats why this idea would help,but to make it work very well,once again would probably take alot of work to implement.Although I think in the end it could be worth it,and make the site better overall, but really I'm starting to sound kind of cliche.My point is that banning is not enough for this large of an issue.Also you say who cares about the spammers.Think about it this way.The comments are made for the developers to improve on their games.Well if they have to filter through 50 comments that all say "good" or "Bad" then they might miss a few comments that are helpful,and it also makes it harder for moderators to find merit worthy comments,b/c they would have to look through possibly twice or maybe three times as many pages,b/c of the ones that are considered spam.Does that make sense?

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

I think this is a good idea. There is no reason to need to comment more than once on a game. There won't really be drawbacks, if you make a mistake move on, there is another 900 games to talk about.

raigeki
raigeki
704 posts
Nomad

well this will decrease the option of gaining more points for us simple armorgamers.

most of all armorgamers get points by comment, rate, and posting here in the community. few of us can get merits or submit games.

why not just put a comment not less than 3 word.s if it just cool or awesome then it will not be posted.

or another option is giving a gamer a chance to comment once and cannot comment for a few hours or a comment a day on every game. then we can resolve the spamming issue.

so what do you think?

raigeki
raigeki
704 posts
Nomad

(sorry for double post)

and BTW. if they implemented one comment per game. then the community threads will be the one full of threads. it is because you cannot gain another point if you commented on a game. then to gain points in order to get a higher rank. gamers will surely flood the community threads. even if its just for 1 point.

qwe853
qwe853
90 posts
Nomad

what if you are allowed to post more then one comment but only the first comment gives points?
(but a merit will ofcourse still be worth 25 point even if it's the 2. or 3. comment)

Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

I think is this a great suggestion. The problem is that even though you edit it, that doesn't magically bump it to the first page, so even if the creator was looking for feedback, he'd have to go through pages of "great game", and other non-descriptive spam comments to find your edited comment.

Kid_Saiyain
Kid_Saiyain
509 posts
Nomad

NO Because what if someone wants to come back to a game and make a merit worthy comment for it. Who cares about the spammers, just ban them

What if for free rider you want to coment a cool track you just made.

what they said! hmph...lol
crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,611 posts
Jester

Its a good idea to reduce spam but has a few porblems what if you made a mistake on a game or if you accidently clicked the wrong button I often might type the wrong button and it would submit so its a good idea but its not.

Showing 16-30 of 131