ForumsSupport ForumPointless Random Names

116 15295
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Personally I am sick of seeing users with random names. I'm not going to point any out.

examples are:

asdsadsdasddsa

or

Users with names like this should be told that they need to create a new account with an actual name, if they refuse then they should be automatically banned.

I know that sounds harsh, but it makes the site look sloppy. If users cant have a serious name, how can we take them serious as someone whom will actually use this site. Or as someone who will not spam.

Also all it take is for them to forget one letter in their name, and bam, They cant use their account anyway.

Something needs to be done.

• 116 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I think it's ok to me. If people only used serious names, eventually new names will run out. It doesn't pose to be a problem with me.

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

So you find no problem what so ever with people hitting random letters on their keyboard to make a user name?

They lose my respect automatically.

And do names ever run out in real life or do people name their kids "Laittiggitygoogoodingdong"

OctoberSnow
OctoberSnow
207 posts
Nomad

I know a couple of people with a string of character for a name. One guy who was once very active, I think he quite, made me an awsome sig. I'll show it to you.
http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q397/OctoberSnowsSig/OctoberSnowSig-1.png
Made by Jwalshjr. Name doesn't mean anything but he wasn't a spammer was, he was really nice and talented.

@ the thing about names running out in real life, you can have more than one Alex. On a site, your only aloud 1 person to be named Alex, 1 Carlie, 1 firetail-madness. That's why names run out here but not in the real world.

RescuePal
RescuePal
128 posts
Nomad

I don't care what usernames are as like as they are not disturbing I don't mind people with usernames like a1dht55hgfgtty the only problem is its probably hard to remember!

OctoberSnow
OctoberSnow
207 posts
Nomad

Yah. Catchy names are fun. But some people aren't really creative. I could care less about what people want to call them selves. As long as they don't spam, what does it matter what their name is?

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Jwalshjr, thats not what I mean. I mean like 3333333333333 or fffffffffffffff

As long as it consists of actual words, I could care less. But things like that make me want to punch my monitor.

I don't mind people with usernames like a1dht55hgfgtty the only problem is its probably hard to remember!

Then your lucky. Because if you couldn't stand them you would log off every time you see something like that.
OctoberSnow
OctoberSnow
207 posts
Nomad

jwalshjr is just a random combination of letters. Exactly like laittggitygoogoodingdong but just shorter.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Members are free to choose whatever name they like, as long as it is appropriate and follows the rules of Armor Games. Such names do not break such rules. It doesn't matter if they look 'sloppy'. People are free to choose their own usernames.

foxnbk
foxnbk
15 posts
Nomad

it's bad to judge someone according his name. that's point of senseless and some kind of prejudice against someone... nah, you don't really know the person behind the name, so don't judge him according his name!

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I agree with Carlie. Everyone has their own freedom to do whatever they want.

OctoberSnow
OctoberSnow
207 posts
Nomad

Look at foxnbk, it could be a random name. Unless its a shortened version of Fox and Back...

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

jwalshjr is just a random combination of letters. Exactly like laittggitygoogoodingdong but just shorter.

Umm, I am pretty sure that actually refers to a name. Like J. Walsh Jr. Or at least that is what I thought. But regardless, even if it was random letters, who the heck cares??
Sodas
Sodas
313 posts
Nomad

October snow believe it or not jwalshjr has a mean he told me before.

J its the first letter of his name
Walsh its his surname
Jr he is the youngest in his family!

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

I can't be the only one that feels this way...

OctoberSnow
OctoberSnow
207 posts
Nomad

Ah ok. The point is it could have been random, and he would still have been a good person.

Off Topic, do you know if he quite, cause he never seems online.

Showing 1-15 of 116