ForumsSupport ForumPointless Random Names

116 15308
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Personally I am sick of seeing users with random names. I'm not going to point any out.

examples are:

asdsadsdasddsa

or

Users with names like this should be told that they need to create a new account with an actual name, if they refuse then they should be automatically banned.

I know that sounds harsh, but it makes the site look sloppy. If users cant have a serious name, how can we take them serious as someone whom will actually use this site. Or as someone who will not spam.

Also all it take is for them to forget one letter in their name, and bam, They cant use their account anyway.

Something needs to be done.

• 116 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

firetail, how old are you?

The world may never know.
thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

I know how old he is. He has said it a few times in the fourms. But I'm not telling unless it's ok with him.

steevo15
steevo15
1,562 posts
Peasant

Why make such a big deal about it cholokid? You should just keep your nose in your own business, people make their own names for their own reasons, and if someone isn't being a good member in AG, then they are banned, so all the people with &quotointless random names" that apparently aren't good members will be banned/punished anyway. maybe they want to stand out in the crowd when people see them posting and such. You are making a mountain out of a molehill, just leave it be, because it is not really affecting you.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Actually, how do you know if the age I told you is the actual true age of myself? Not that I'm saying I was lying, but there is no proof.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Heh, I remember you're age, Don't want to tell the secret. But I know.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

What is the ppoint banning someone for their age? That is just stupid. It shouldnt annoy you that much, chill out. If you feel that strongly about it then you are sad.

steevo15
steevo15
1,562 posts
Peasant

Yeah, I agree with wood, if you are going to let something this trivial bother you, then you, cholokid, are rather immature, because usually mature people mind their own business and don't let stupid things bother them.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I wasn't going to point them out but you don't seem to understand.

It isn't that we don't understand, I just don't think it is an issue.
steevo15
steevo15
1,562 posts
Peasant

Uhm, I don't see it going nuts at all, everyone is just voicing their opinions, why lock it? what drastic could possibly be said?

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Some of my previous names; ejoyrzshr, //.., Trynth, 11010011. Perhaps //.. and 11010011 are names of potential spammers but ejoyrzshr is 'white mage' in a code and Trynth is a name of a fantasy realm I happen to be writing about. I'm just showing that there can be more than meets the eye...

Buddha sits under a tree, looking for enlightenment. Choose the middle path my friends...

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Anyways, I don't think this thread is really going anywhere. People are free to choose their own usernames as long as it complies with the appropriate rules of the site. We are not going to start making people change their names.

Showing 106-116 of 116