ForumsSupport ForumPointless Random Names

116 15306
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Personally I am sick of seeing users with random names. I'm not going to point any out.

examples are:

asdsadsdasddsa

or

Users with names like this should be told that they need to create a new account with an actual name, if they refuse then they should be automatically banned.

I know that sounds harsh, but it makes the site look sloppy. If users cant have a serious name, how can we take them serious as someone whom will actually use this site. Or as someone who will not spam.

Also all it take is for them to forget one letter in their name, and bam, They cant use their account anyway.

Something needs to be done.

• 116 Replies
dragoncrusher
dragoncrusher
773 posts
Peasant

Never will this site be free of spam and cursing! And if a name was in a different language, you would be able to tell.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Well if they are 6 years old, they are underage and breaking the rules of AG.

You know, your referring to me basically.

Why? Because we are getting rid of those who make Spam Names?

So you go as far as calling them "spam" names now? And your saying that whoever creates a pointless name must spam.
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

I get what you're saying here Cholo, but I don't think it's that big of a deal. Sure, if some one's name is "gadgadhgaldg" then that might raise the chances of them being a spammer, but making them all make a new account would be unnecessary.

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

the way i see it deleting a user because of his name would make this site very infamous + everyone would actually have to think 10 minutes to get a good name whilst if they just typed up 123abc and got in they could spend that time playing a game
life is short
the more fun the better

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

everyone is innocent until proven guilty

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

No... last I checked _______________________ isn't random at all.

Bleh I mean clever.

OK you think all randoms are spammers. my proof! I went through a page of Comment on . Ball Reflexion. Out of 21 one word comments 2-3 were made by randoms. 2-3 cause one of them could be a nickname. I provided the link so you can check for yourself. I will find more and provided results later.

But you see their aren't many random letter names. Because most of them are ghost accounts. But those who do post, are spam. So can you find any that aren't spam?
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

You know, your referring to me basically.

Yes. And you are breaking the rules of AG aren't you? No one under the age of 13. But there is nothing I can do about that.

everyone would actually have to think 10 minutes to get a good name whilst if they just typed up 123abc

So tell me why you didn't make your name 123abc?

So you go as far as calling them "spam" names now? And your saying that whoever creates a pointless name must spam.

No I'm saying the chances are they will.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

____________________________________ doesn't spam. He actually made a good member of the community.

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

____________________________________ doesn't spam. He actually made a good member of the community.

Where is he now?
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

So can you find any that aren't spam?

_________________________. Period.

(oh yes, to _______________, I am sorry for repetitively using you as a good example. I suggest you join this debate now. Kind regards, Pazx...)

Most of them are ghost accounts so how are you sayin' they're so bad? ahh, the ones who post... so they all spam? no, if you narrow it down there isn't all that many spammy name = spammers.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

*shrugs*

Your basically just trying to make us agree with you, aren't you?

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

making someone's name is dependent on the person and the available usernames.
I just typed my name and tried it in less than 5 seconds of thought (course that was wayback when there were few ghost accounts)

The chances of anyone spamming is high because you spam in normal everyday life.
saying Hi to a buddy when they were at lunch having a conversation and walked away would be considered as spam if you just happened to say hi in a forum topic talking about blind small mammals.

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

(oh yes, to _______________, I am sorry for repetitively using you as a good example. I suggest you join this debate now. Kind regards, Pazx...)

To bad hes ghost account.

Most of them are ghost accounts so how are you sayin' they're so bad? ahh, the ones who post... so they all spam? no, if you narrow it down there isn't all that many spammy name = spammers.

The ones that comment tend to be. But as you see, another point I made, you just agreed with. They didn't take making their name seriously, they didn't take the site serious, they quit.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Even those who have serious names tend to spam when they comment, especially on games.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

You know what?

Those who want to make random accounts, let them.
Those who don't take the site seriously, they can leave, for all I care.
If they spam, we can deal with them. That's why mods are here.

Showing 61-75 of 116