ForumsSupport ForumPointless Random Names

116 15309
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Personally I am sick of seeing users with random names. I'm not going to point any out.

examples are:

asdsadsdasddsa

or

Users with names like this should be told that they need to create a new account with an actual name, if they refuse then they should be automatically banned.

I know that sounds harsh, but it makes the site look sloppy. If users cant have a serious name, how can we take them serious as someone whom will actually use this site. Or as someone who will not spam.

Also all it take is for them to forget one letter in their name, and bam, They cant use their account anyway.

Something needs to be done.

• 116 Replies
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

would plokkey be one?

Not at all. That could be a nickname of his.

And don't tell me that people with the name ___________________ (or random in any matter) could be there nickname. How would you pernounce ____________? lowdashlowdashlowdashlowdashlowdash?
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

lowdash could be a nickname too mr.

champion10
champion10
518 posts
Shepherd

There is a new one that is pretty pointless 666666666666666666 that is what it is.

blahblahredjkblah
blahblahredjkblah
2 posts
Nomad

Okay, Cholo, if your not willing to give up, then we can't settle this matter. I don't see how banning everybody who creates pointless names would help, it might even make AG harder to run.

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

lowdash could be a nickname too mr.

Hah. yeah ok. How many people do you know with a nickname similar to that? None? Yeah. Me either.
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

666 is the number of the beast he could be a satanist

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Champion, the 6 could be their favourite number and the number of 6s could be their age, who knows?

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

haha well how many people do you know that are called plokkey as a nickname

OctoberSnow
OctoberSnow
207 posts
Nomad

The point is there isn't a huge abundance of randoms. I don't see them doing harm.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

How many people with random names do you see active most days, and supporting the community?

um, ehem... *cough*none*cough*... unless owen*numbers* counts and _______________ counts...

And don't tell me that people with the name ___________________ (or random in any matter) could be there nickname. How would you pernounce ____________? lowdashlowdashlowdashlowdashlowdash?

So it's not their nickname. It's an online alias. __________________ is an extremely clever thing to come up with in the cyberworld.

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

I don't see how banning everybody who creates pointless names would help, it might even make AG harder to run.

As I said, tell them to make a new account with an actual name. Banning isn't the first move to make. But it would bring less spam and less cursing.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Less spam and less cursing? I don't see how that would happen, I can only see how that will increase.

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

an actual name could be something in a different language and you wouldn't know it

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

6s could be their age, who knows?

Well if they are 6 years old, they are underage and breaking the rules of AG.

So it's not their nickname. It's an online alias. __________________ is an extremely clever thing to come up with in the cyberworld.

No... last I checked _______________________ isn't random at all.

Less spam and less cursing? I don't see how that would happen, I can only see how that will increase.

Why? Because we are getting rid of those who make Spam Names?

n actual name could be something in a different language and you wouldn't know it

Right cause ghghghghghghghghghghg means Steve in spanish.
OctoberSnow
OctoberSnow
207 posts
Nomad

OK you think all randoms are spammers. my proof! I went through a page of Comment on . Ball Reflexion. Out of 21 one word comments 2-3 were made by randoms. 2-3 cause one of them could be a nickname. I provided the link so you can check for yourself. I will find more and provided results later.

Showing 46-60 of 116