ForumsSupport ForumPointless Random Names

116 15311
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Personally I am sick of seeing users with random names. I'm not going to point any out.

examples are:

asdsadsdasddsa

or

Users with names like this should be told that they need to create a new account with an actual name, if they refuse then they should be automatically banned.

I know that sounds harsh, but it makes the site look sloppy. If users cant have a serious name, how can we take them serious as someone whom will actually use this site. Or as someone who will not spam.

Also all it take is for them to forget one letter in their name, and bam, They cant use their account anyway.

Something needs to be done.

• 116 Replies
OctoberSnow
OctoberSnow
207 posts
Nomad

How to read my results
Link 1[# of comments made by a random]/3[Total amount of 1 word comments]

Straw Hat Samurai 1/17
[url]http://armorgames.com/comments/show/505/game]Sonny[/url] 2/13
Indesturc2 Tank Game 3/16

I picked three random high rated games. I took every one word comment and recorded it. If one of the one word comment was made by a random I also recorded that. These may be inaccurate because I might have missed one and I didn't recorded spammy comment like 'This game is awesome'. It's still spam, but it's harder to see immediately.

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Your basically just trying to make us agree with you, aren't you?

As this goes on, you are saying things that agree with me. So take that any way you want.

just typed my name and tried it in less than 5 seconds of thought (course that was wayback when there were few ghost accounts)

But why did you put in Graham? What made you type it in?

Even those who have serious names tend to spam when they comment, especially on games.

Yes. I never said they didn't. That as well is a problem. But those with random names spam on comments as well. At least some with actual names leave merit comments.
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

1st people are not perfect everyone spams
2nd blaming spammers on people who thought of random names is blasphemy (<-cool word )
I think i see how you view it
people who spam alot get banned so they create another account with a random name so they could get on quicker and spam some more
this could all be fixed if someone would keep doing that they would become IP banned from a site
if the site was good enough they would've banned already all the commonly known proxies ips

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

I picked three random high rated games. I took every one word comment and recorded it. If one of the one word comment was made by a random I also recorded that. These may be inaccurate because I might have missed one and I didn't recorded spammy comment like 'This game is awesome'. It's still spam, but it's harder to see immediately.

So go threw and pick out the comments that were good ones, and tell many of those were random spammy names.
OctoberSnow
OctoberSnow
207 posts
Nomad

Well, if they are Ghost Accounts, what does their name matter? Most of the noob spammers get to squire and realize it's not worth it. They quite and join the Ghosts. The total of 46 one word comments I saw in 3 games, greatly out weigh the 6 spam comments I saw made by randoms. That's 40 spam comments made by people who took the time to make a name...

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

To bad hes ghost account.

He is Not!! D:< *stamps foot*

At least some with actual names leave merit comments.

Some with random names get merits :P

*storms out* I'm looking for __________________________!
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

people who spam alot get banned so they create another account with a random name so they could get on quicker and spam some more

Yes! Thats one of the things I was trying to say.

this could all be fixed if someone would keep doing that they would become IP banned from a site
if the site was good enough they would've banned already all the commonly known proxies ips

Well I don't know what a proxie ips is, but from the sounds of it you just agreed with me.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Actually, now I know what people mean by the community has changed. Everyone makes the biggest deals about the tiniest little things...*sigh* I can't believe it...

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

But why did you put in Graham? What made you type it in?

What makes us all type in names
the front of our brain: Thought thinks of the names based on past experiences
then our brain sends a message to your fingers to type in the name using a keyboard
If the name is rejected for it being was being used as a ghost account then you would automatically try to think of another good one you might like
and repeat until you have a satisfactory name

creating random names would be based on their past w/ or w/o them knowing it
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Actually, now I know what people mean by the community has changed. Everyone makes the biggest deals about the tiniest little things...*sigh* I can't believe it...

If you don't want to partake in this then don't.

*storms out* I'm looking for __________________________!

Go for it. He hasn't been on in a very long time.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

When did I say I didn't want to partake in this?

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

Everyone makes the biggest deals about the tiniest little things

arguments make life more lively
OctoberSnow
OctoberSnow
207 posts
Nomad

A proxy IP is an IP address that a program gives your computer an address. Used for something like if yours had been IP banned from something you have a new IP address.

This seems to be a debate, and if you want proof for your point, you should provide your self. A quote from the movie The Great Debaters

You wouldn't punch your self in the face in a street fight right? Why should you punch your self in a word fight
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

You know what? This is going nowhere. How about I get a mod or admin to look at this when they get online and settle this once and for all?

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

When did I say I didn't want to partake in this?

When you said we were making a big deal.

What makes us all type in names
the front of our brain: Thought thinks of the names based on past experiences
then our brain sends a message to your fingers to type in the name using a keyboard
If the name is rejected for it being was being used as a ghost account then you would automatically try to think of another good one you might like
and repeat until you have a satisfactory name

Exactly. Last I checked 6666666666666666666666666 wasn't exactly satisfactory. Its a ghost account name.
Showing 76-90 of 116