ForumsWEPRtobacco

145 28136
barneythebeast
barneythebeast
12 posts
Nomad

by tobacco i mena ciggerates in general.
I belive they should be illegal because they cause so much death even from second hand smoking. i know peolpe go nuts without there nicotine but they have gum and patches that will help.
i want to know your opinions on this subject at hand. (wether or not it should be illegal and why)

• 145 Replies
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Well, as soon as I get back from Office Depot I'll tell you why it shouldn't be illegal.

Echo775
Echo775
38 posts
Nomad

I agree, i really do think it should be illegal to some extent[it is already, but maybe a step farther]. i mean it is the smokers decision to do it but it does waste alot of time and money. kids of smokers can be heavily effected. i really do think smokers can find another habit. although it steadily slows down over population, but you cant live life to the fullest with all those effects on you.

Sefirous
Sefirous
6 posts
Nomad

Making it illegal takes away people's rights - the right to smoke!

Imagine if something you loved got banned because it wasn't liked by soem people!

Echo775
Echo775
38 posts
Nomad

some people? the majority of people on the planet do not smoke. and you have to realize, its not that they love cigarettes, its addiction, manipulation, and fallacy. people don't have to force you to love ice cream, or subliminally make you love ice cream, you just do. also, sometimes you just have to give up rights to protect people. do kids of smokers deserve to develop problems. is it right to breath second hand smoke because you had to pass by a smoker to get where you needed?

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

Ha! Think again, young one.

I smoke because I actually do enjoy to smoke. I have just randomly stopped because I felt like it, with no craving or ill effects.

But I suppose some people are addicted. Oh well. It does not take just one smoke to get someone addicted. They would need to keep on smoking for a bit.

Echo775
Echo775
38 posts
Nomad

I see your point.well some people enjoy it and some just do it for stress related issues. in my opinion the underage smokers i do believe are just victims of circumstance. i still strongly believe smokers should kick the habit, it would save them quite a bit of money on the upside.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Let me say this first, it is absolutely ridiculous that tobacco and alcohol are legal when marijuana is not.

Now, tobacco should not be illegal for numerous reasons. Not all people that enjoy tobacco intake it through cigarettes. Those who smoke out of a pipe with a different form of tobacco that doesn't contain the same chemicals as cigarettes. In a cigarette the company (we'll say Malboro) add several additives, one being Hydrogen Cyanide, which actually takes the nicotine receptors in the brain and makes them more susceptible to nicotine, thus making an addiction easier.

As pure tobacco (without such additives) does have it's health downsides, it isn't like what's in cigerettes. So, instead I propose making certain additives in cigarettes illegal. The more the government controls our rights the more people are going to rebel.

RoY_aHoI77
RoY_aHoI77
163 posts
Jester

uhm you are forced to eat Ice cream.........advertising in so many forms are forcing you to eat the brand new haagen daz or the newest burger form BuKi or MacDo you didn't even recognize this but everyone is manipulated by advertising in some way!!! only advertising for cigarettes is banned almost everywhere(here in germany i don't know how it is in Usa) so most of the people who smoke do it because they want it and a little part are nominal members.... but nobody is forced to smoke. and does it mean that if you smoke you got less rights then a non smoker??? a smoker isn't allowed to be everywhere he wants he is banned into smoker only rooms and there non smoker appear too and complain about it. why do you leave this decision to smoke not to everyone on its own??? do you feed your ego with a good deed if you annoy some smokers with the facts of the unhealthiness of smoking??? believe me they know!!!

oh and almost every drug on this earth is illegal and forbidden even hashish and mary jane....:-( so why will you take the only legal drug illegal its does not influence your ability to work or drive and its not more dangerous then pig meat(anabolica and penicillin) or drinking.

thnks for listening sorry my english is not very good ask me please if anything is not understandable

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I do not think that tobacco should be illegal. Although I do highly agree with the laws restricting cigarette use in public places and restaurants. Personally, the smell of cigarette smoke alone makes me feel sick. I actually think I might be allergic to it...

Echo775
Echo775
38 posts
Nomad

by saying " your not forced to eat ice cream" i was talking along the lines of peer pressure and they have cigarette replica's they sell to kids labeled "cool smokes" and the fact that they use cartoons so that they trick kids to think " hey cartoons, this must be awesome [this is where i live i don't know about you guys], when it really isn't" and on the account of tobacco not relating to cigarettes i agree with asherlee.

and roy the reason why non-smokers [some, i dont] complain about smoking areas in restaurants and what not is because, usually they are isolated in places right next to non-smokers and the smoke travels to the next area. so really its neither the smoker or non-smoker at fault but the host for not properly accommodating their guests.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Yea, its a shame that it has the whole 'cool' appeal. I definitely don't think its cool. Personally, if I see someone smoking, their attractiveness automatically decreases. I just think: "Enjoy your cancer!"

Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

Even if it becomes illegal, people would still try to find every way to get it even if its in the black market.

barneythebeast
barneythebeast
12 posts
Nomad

have you ever kissed some who smokes?
i havent and i wish not to.
but tobacco use also increases the greenhouse house gases in the atmosphere.
plus i think its just gross and very dangerous for the smokers health and anyone near them.

sithman05
sithman05
59 posts
Shepherd

I'm with Carlie there. Where I live smoking in public (i.e. restaurants, stores etc.) is illegal.

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

I hate smoking, and think that illegalizing it would be good, and alchahol better. While alchahol isn't that bad in moderation, a lot of people misuse it. Maybe we should only stop those with a history of being drunk from getting it.
The only problem is that when we do illegalize something, it just starts getting passed around illigally, and probably will become more widespread. Making tobacco illegal will not help much.
Oh, btw, I never kissed anyone, but kissing a smoker is just like chewing chewed tobacco in my inexperienced opinion. That is gross.

Showing 1-15 of 145