ForumsGamesWhy is there a Sonny forum?

187 60055
Krin
Krin
129 posts
Nomad

In case you are wondering, the Sonny forum is here for these reasons.

To Contain Sonny Topics
There are a lot of Sonny topics posted, and there's a possibility that Sonny 2 topics might be posted. It would be easier for people to find information this way, and the other forums won't have to be clogged up with Sonny related threads.

Because this is ArmorGames
Sonny is an ArmorGames production, and it would make sense if there was a central Sonny forum here for all players, regardless of which website they play on. The game would link directly here.

Sonny is an RPG
These kind of Flash games usually gets more discussions than arcade or adventure games. I think it's fun to have a place to share strategies, post bugs, suggestions, theories, etc. Especially with the local PvP feature inherent, strategy will be even more important, because you are trying to beat real people.

Learning To Improve
The forums may or may not be a good thing for you, but it is a gold mine for me. Most learning and growth occurs during the feedback and reflection, so having the feedback and player reaction concentrated here will accelerate our development abilties for future games. Look how much of YOUR suggestion we've implemented in Sonny 2!

I hope that justifies things a little

<3

Krin

• 187 Replies
flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Yes, it does. Thanks for making this thread, I'm tired of seeing Sonny Forums in Flash Games forums... <.<

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

It would of been better if this was made earlier but ow well! It's still a good idea.

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

PVP feature?! *faint*

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

ZO-MAH-FRAGGING-GAWD, there's a PVP FEAUTURE!?
*has epileptic seizure of happy*
*runs around in circles waving arms in air*

great krin, u made me poo myself with the hint of awesome, thanks <.<U.
P.S. I didn't actually poo myself
P.P.S. Wait. . . .O.K. yeah I didn't poo myself.
P.P.P.S. I did however wet myself
P.P.P.P.S. Just kidding I didn't.
P.P.P.P.P.S. are my Ps's getting annoying?
P.P.P.P.P.P.S. I bet they are.

Krin
Krin
129 posts
Nomad

Yup! The PvP feature is our first step in making multi-player Sonny. Since we had to develop fast and without prior frame work, it's limited to local (meaning you have to play on the same computer with your opponent).

But it is still a very appealing feature if you can find someone to play with. You can even export and import your characters.

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Ah. I thoght you said you were creating a MMOG. *Lets go of breath*

I like the idea!

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Yup! The PvP feature is our first step in making multi-player Sonny. Since we had to develop fast and without prior frame work, it's limited to local (meaning you have to play on the same computer with your opponent).

But it is still a very appealing feature if you can find someone to play with. You can even export and import your characters.

So Krin... How does this import/export work? Is it just like FRII where you just input a code that contains your characters' data? If so, then there can be many instances where users can input wrong codes to dramatically change their person.
Krin
Krin
129 posts
Nomad

You basically first "LOAD" your character in the PvP Mode, then there is a button to export the code. You copy it. Then you go to another Sonny file where your character isn't saved, and you can press import, and a box will come up. You paste the code.

Whilst it is true that the code can be changed, this system can only be used in PvP. There are minor encryption systems implemented to make it harder to just change the numbers, but with a system like this, anything can be cracked.

But having the option available is better than not having it I think.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

If there is a Sonny forum here, what about the Sonny forum on your website? I always went there for tips hint and builds for Sonny.

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

If there's PVP, is there co-op? It frustrates me to no end when Veradux keeps quick striking when I need a focus re-energize.

miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

if sonny 2 get's old(if only.)will this section be removed
and is this section ONLY for sonny 2?

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

The forum says Sonny II, but the actual description never clarified it, saying anything that belongs to the Sonny SERIES. So both Sonny I and Sonny II can belong in here.

thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

Finally! A Sonny-Only thred!
I can't wait for it's release tomorrow.

ryguy1227
ryguy1227
8 posts
Nomad

i'm pretty sure its everything about sonny, but especially sonny 2

kell84
kell84
241 posts
Nomad

P vs.P? I will check it out. It will be fun probably and I am happy that it's coming out tomorrow.

~kell84~

Showing 1-15 of 187