ForumsGamesWhat does the tape mean?

83 15206
Jerryrpg
Jerryrpg
384 posts
Nomad

Anyone know what the tape was suppose to mean? As of the quote from the interview with Krin. http://casualtygamer.com/2008/08/sonny-2-whats-in-the-tape/
âI DID intend the whole game to be a metaphor, as I said, so there is some kind of âtruthâ in the characters, situations, etc.
I need to encourage you guys to think more in terms of âmeaningâ. Louisâ blindness would also make a whole lot more sense if you think of it as a metaphor as well, and his death as martyrdom."

What kind of image was Krin trying to create for us when he said that Louis's blindness is a metaphor? And how did his death be a martyrdom? Can anyone explain this?
P.S. Krin, since the game is already out, and this is an old interview. It wouldn't hurt if you told us.

• 83 Replies
Jerryrpg
Jerryrpg
384 posts
Nomad

EDIT: What kind of "indirect" way was the tape suppose to tell us?

PsychoIncarnate
PsychoIncarnate
1,037 posts
Nomad

Well, an idea as to what Louis' death (Though ignorant of what Krin was trying to show) could be that Louis was dying for something that was actually not true, such as dying for something he believes to be true but is actually a lie (The idea that he is a "Blind Martyr&quot...

...Though probably not.

Jerryrpg
Jerryrpg
384 posts
Nomad

A good idea... But his blindness as a metaphor can't actually necessarily mean that he has a blind belief...

PsychoIncarnate
PsychoIncarnate
1,037 posts
Nomad

Blind is usually a metaphor for not seeing the truth or the whole truth

His blindness could also represent a shadow upon him, such as evil acts he's sorry about.

I couldn't imagine much else

VoltCruelerz
VoltCruelerz
501 posts
Nomad

I was thinking something more along the lines of Louis being a friend of Sonny from before becoming "infected" perhaps he lost his sight because he too was exposed but still cared for his friend... Just a thought...

Or as was said, evil acts he is sorry about... He could be a former ZPCI member and in the process of leaving, something happened causing him to lose his sight. That would take care of Psychol's shadow idea...

PsychoIncarnate
PsychoIncarnate
1,037 posts
Nomad

Psychol, ROFL..

That's an I in my name

Psycho Incarnate

Riou1231
Riou1231
4,825 posts
Peasant

Louis was probably not killed by the ZPCI but the bad quality of the song lyrics "My only sunshine... my only sunshine" it probably made his freaking ears explode! Hahaha! Evil tape!

kingpong001
kingpong001
146 posts
Nomad

What about his blindness represents not seeing the whole truth and Sonny was a crew member on a ship and Louis was a mad professer and he tryed to cure something but it all went horribly wrong and he became blind and all the crew died. So he made Sonny a zombie to try and help sort out the mess. Kinda like 'I am Legend' Also on the tape the song is'You are my sunshine' Sunshine represents the sun and 'Sonny' also represents sun and 'sun' represents happiness and hope. So maybe he is like a guardian? Just a thought. ^_^

kingpong001
kingpong001
146 posts
Nomad

Yeah like Psychoincarnate said, oh i have forgotten waht to say lol, erm yeah he did something evil because he could not see the truth of what he was doing, however what he did made him become blind therefore he saw the truth and tried to stop it so brought back Sonny as a Guardian.

Cedric_Tsui
Cedric_Tsui
4 posts
Nomad

In mythology, it is very common for prophets to be blind. The idea being that in gaining the ability to sense a different world, you must loose the ability to sense the current one.
The original example of this is Teiresias.

Louis the blind was also something of a father figure for Sonny. The death of a father figure is VERY common in literature. It's even in Harry Potter! Oh poor Dumbledore.

As for the tape... Ummm...
Well, it's the key to Utopia. Perhaps it's not surprising that it would be all roses and sunshine.
You'd think Felicity would say something after she joined the party.

Matty360
Matty360
764 posts
Nomad

Lol it's just something in a game and you're maing a sort of big deal about it. It's a tape!

PsychoIncarnate
PsychoIncarnate
1,037 posts
Nomad

Maybe, but Krin said himself it was a metaphor for something...

...It's not making that big of a deal, just trying to figure out what it is a metaphor of.

Gametesta
Gametesta
1,707 posts
Nomad

It was just a tape of "are you my sunshine".

infernofox
infernofox
18 posts
Nomad

i thought the tape would be a rickroll

3v3rnoob
3v3rnoob
230 posts
Nomad

lol. then sonny would have gotten f---ed up by the guy he thought was his friend. but, i think that the tape IS the key to utopia, but utopia isn't a place. it's the end of the ZCPI AND the zombis plague that they &quotrotect" people from AND an end to the baron once and for all. i think that it plays "you are my sunshine" because sonny is the only one that can use the key and bring the world into the utopia. i think that (building off what other people siad), that louis the blind was trying to do that himself, and he was part of that secret organization that Roald was in. i think that the reason that said organization is in the position that it's in BECAUSE they lost louis. that would explain why the ZCPI hunted him down. he now gives the key to sonny, hoping that hey will find the people that he ke=new, figure out what he needs to do with the key, and use it to unlock the utopia....

-_- sounds like Harry Potter, doesn't it?

Showing 1-15 of 83