ForumsSupport Forum2 AP points for foruming

100 11301
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Come on you know it would be sweet, also some people (like me) forum as much as they play games this would be great!

• 100 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

The thing with spam is that when the AP goes up, so does the spam, because people need the AP. I think that this is a good idea, though, since the mods have a lot more control over the forums than the game comments and the profile walls. This would make them able to spot spammers better, but would probably give them more work to do, and then they would need more mods.

But I think it is a good idea, as it is easier to regulate.
Con: This is a gaming site, and moving focus to the forums is not a goal to the site.

Gladitator
Gladitator
75 posts
Nomad

i dont see anyway the spam could increase more

You know how?
All some of the people on this website want to do is become #1 they try everything from rating games to repeatedly posting. They dont really visit the forums cause its not really going to help them with just 1 point. They find out its worth 2 points chances are they will all come and start posted some short word comments like "I agree" and dont even know what the topic is about. They will start to create threads that have been brought up millions of times they dont care if it gets locked or not they will keep on doing this and it makes Mods come on to this site more. You dont think they have a life?
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I always thought it would be nice for people to get 2 AP for forums and 1 AP for comments. It makes more sence in my opinion. Sadly that is not the case but oh well. AP shows character. I personally don't pay attention to my AP.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

I don't really give a rip about my AP so i don't really care.

Although it DOES make more sense to keep it the way it is, seeing this site was created to focus on games.

And plus, this would just attract more spam to the forums. And i do not know about you, but that is the last thing i want.

jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

Well I see your piont Ricador , but more , and more users are tranfering game to forum so I think it makes more sense to get 2 AP for each post.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

How did this get revived?
It has been rejected over and over again, though I think it's a good idea...

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

It wasn't revived ; it's more like a duplicate.

The way I see it is, the forum is more out-in-the-open and more fully-active than the game comments are, and it shows. Users have more fun talking up a storm here, rather than pointless 7-word comments that just get buried 2 minutes later. If spammers really want places to have 2 AP, then all the more give it to foruming. The way I see it, they are just going to have a 100% more chance of getting their comment(s) deleted, when they are abusing the rules. I know for a fact and they (the mods) know for a fact that the game comments are pointless, lazy, and spam-infested, save for the occasional review. Bring the spammers here! (Ok, that sounds like a death wish, and I may be going mad, but still!) The mods will be twice as able to lock/delete any thread/reply that comes their way ; they are able to do such a thing.

As for the reviews then? All the better! The reviews aren't going to be buried inside spam, and anyone who actually cares won't have to work for 10 minutes to do a bloody vote-up command! They are going to be RIGHT THERE in that box, waiting for users to vote it up, and waiting all the more for it to be evaluated for a merit! Who doesn't want their review to at least have a chance? That's what these are for, right? To have legitamite pros/cons, constructive criticism, merit-worthy suggestions, and overall, having an interesting approach of the overall experience of the game that the game developer had the pleasure of reading! These are all to help the developer figure out what needs to be improving, what needs to stay, and he/she will be able to make better, new-and-improved games, to make AG the BEST it can BE!

[/rant]

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

*cheers madly!*

Sssssnnaakke
Sssssnnaakke
1,036 posts
Scribe

ok there are tons of these everywhere over the

Jack8black8
Jack8black8
115 posts
Nomad

first of all someone esle sed this a week ago second this should be locked third forums are for help and suggtoins not for you to get rich on ap. just chat with a freind.

Showing 91-100 of 100