ForumsThe TavernAG Regular's Lounge: The Return

643 78593
Tydus
Tydus
230 posts
Nomad

This topic is the ONLY place in which any nonsense or off topic posts/discussions should take place. It was originally built to accommodate veteran members of the forum, but all or welcome. Have fun and happy posting!

• 643 Replies
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Proof...needed...Association does not conceive an absolute truth. Spelling is also central to Post-Structralism...Anything linguistic is, come to think about it....

I wasn't playing off the truth, I was playing off the typical idiotic societal view- nuff said. There are many common expressions like that- the various types of 'Nazis' are more internet-oriented, however. I understand perfectly well that it is far from the truth- I am reminded somewhat of the propaganda chapter of Mein Kampf (I've read a few chapters) in that Hitler think that propaganda should be applied to the masses exclusively. In my opinion, that principle can also be applied to linguistic expressions such as 'grammar Nazi.'
---------
A BIG LIPPED ALLIGATOR MOMENT!

LOL.
--------
Grammar Nazism annoys me greatly. I don't condone people speaking to it is unnecessarily hard to read, but when it's a minor spelling mistake and it's obvious what someone was trying to say, someone just posting ' It's actually spelt ......' is very tiresome. I don't think, 'wow this guy is intelligent', I just think, 'oh, he has access to a dictionary, big woop'. In addition, I think posting one liners purely to correct a minor spelling mistake should be considered spam. If you aren't contributing to the thread is a meaningful way, don't post.

I don't typically moan and correct small issues- that is snobbery. I just have a facepalm if the mistake is blatant enough. I win't usually mention it.
-----------------
Ok,Im not going to post here,you can talk about whatever you are talking about.

Thanks for permission. :P
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

I would'nt quite consider this spam. Nicley done.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

I would'nt quite consider this spam. Nicley done.

Oh, so this isn't spam, but the Neverending Story is? THAT makes perfect sense.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

THAT makes perfect sense.

Of course...NES speaks for itself...Literally...If you strain your ears you can hear the ghosts of whispers....
tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

Yea this is definitely spam. The newcomers are going to come here and post one word comments.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

I win't usually mention it.

Sorry, you meant you don't usually mention it. Or won't...

Get it right. Jeez...
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

I don't typically moan and correct small issues- that is snobbery. I just have a facepalm if the mistake is blatant enough. I win't usually mention it.

Lol I see it. I have one from your post too, hehe.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Typos don't count. That's one of the rules separating real grammar Nazis (like me) from wannabes (like you two.) :P

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

THIS IS ANOTHER BIG LIPPED ALLIGATOR MOMENT (if you never talk about it again)..
Darn, I just messed up! >_<

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Would you guys consider me a regular?

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

@Zega: At least they didn't takeaway my cyanide pills!

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Would you guys consider me a regular?

Who? You? eeerrr... well I see you around. Ok I'm bored yes you are Nicho 1672 posts speaks for itself.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

I enjoy talking to newcomers more than some old veteran.

I bet you won't say that now that you know I served in the War of 1812. Yessir.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Things were simpler back then. . .andthe British and the Indians tried to overtake us again! Bt we showed them! It was tough goin', son, be thankful you at least got corn pone to fed yourself with. . . .

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

At least they didn't takeaway my cyanide pills!

ILL KILL YOU ALL!!! YOU'LL ALL DIE! *waves arms*
Showing 46-60 of 643