ForumsSupport ForumTake armor point away for posting in profiles

120 18917
idrumtomuch
idrumtomuch
96 posts
Shepherd

Why the heck do you get two points for carrying on a conversation with someone that contributes NOTHING to the site?

You wanna cut down on spam points, take those away.

The point of armor points is to reward people for contributing to the site, well what does rewarding them for having a conversation with their friend for 2 points a message do?

• 120 Replies
madgamer012
madgamer012
729 posts
Nomad

Saying "BUMP" in forums simply means you are bumping the thread up to the top. And without points for game comments, barely anyone will WANT to leave a comment. Game comments are to help the author know what to do on the next version of the game. So game comments should get at LEAST 2AP. Profile comments on the other hand are not that useful, they should get 2AP at the MOST.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

Whoever suggested Game Comments be worth 0 points, that's weird, Profile Comments should be worth 0 points due to the fact they offer NOTHING to the site, most of the times. And madgamer012, Prfile Comments are already worth 2 points!

David858
David858
181 posts
Nomad

100% agree with this. great way to cut down on spamming!

idrumtomuch
idrumtomuch
96 posts
Shepherd

That settles it, someone make the changes already.

Niceguy878
Niceguy878
220 posts
Nomad

If you do this people will put more spam on game comments. As opposed to having spam on profiles, which are private, to game comments, which are public. I say you leave it, it's not that big of a deal anyway.

zorvaz
zorvaz
201 posts
Nomad

It is a good idea. but if it does happen tomorrow i will have like 1000 les spoints if it ever happened. why dont they let people keep their previous ones and then start it. If theyre going to make profile comments 0 then you wont be seeing much of me anymore.

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,192 posts
Herald

Hey zorvaz, I don't think that it'll be taking away points from you. It would just be not giving you points for profile comments in the future. Also, even if it happens, why quit? You'll eventually build it back up and that's the fun part.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

He's right, just because they change the way you play, doesn't mean you have to stop and turn off the game! oO that's probably another metaphor I'm never going to use again...

aciousD
aciousD
1 posts
Nomad

Yeah i think its a pretty good idea(probably because i dont have any points lol) But zorvaz has a point well no not really but anyway.

______aciousD_______

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I am almost 100% sure that if profile comment points become 0... then they will take the points away.

If you are worried you will lose over 1000 points then in a way you can say you are being greedy and talking not to keep this an active site but talking to build up points.

My view may seem a bit radical but the truth is hardly anything less than radical.

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,192 posts
Herald

Are you sure? It doesn't seem like taking points from everybody who has writng profile comments fair. I don't think that they'll do that because this addition is after the people have already spoken to people through their profiles. Well, if it does happen then wow, you're going to see a lot of points drop.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

Just think of it like this, when the Profile Comments are reduced to 0, you're not going to recognize it

madgamer012
madgamer012
729 posts
Nomad

I believe the rates should be changed, but that their points will remain the same, so if someone commented 50 times in a profile BEFORE the date the new rates become active, then he keeps the 100AP, but if he make another 50 profile posts AFTER the new rates become active, he gets 0 points(if the rate for commenting on profiles is 0(which it SHOULD BE))

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

It would not be fair to everyone commenting afterwords.

Anyways, you should not be commenting for points. You should be commenting to keep in tact with people and beign active on the site. If this is the case, then you would not care if you lost your points anyways.

If you were making comments only to get points, then you deserve to lose them.

idrumtomuch
idrumtomuch
96 posts
Shepherd

We demand action!

Showing 31-45 of 120