ForumsSupport ForumTake armor point away for posting in profiles

120 18919
idrumtomuch
idrumtomuch
96 posts
Shepherd

Why the heck do you get two points for carrying on a conversation with someone that contributes NOTHING to the site?

You wanna cut down on spam points, take those away.

The point of armor points is to reward people for contributing to the site, well what does rewarding them for having a conversation with their friend for 2 points a message do?

• 120 Replies
armagheddonman
armagheddonman
158 posts
Nomad

I agree with asherlee's system of point giving

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
922 posts
Scribe

I guess Raptor does have a point, but I'm not in the top ten because I talk to people 24/7. Alot of it is from merits, so I wouldn't say the WHOLE top ten. nick_coolhaha is also one of those guys who gets alot of points from merits.

DaMasta333
DaMasta333
359 posts
Nomad

how do you get merits?

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
922 posts
Scribe

By posting long and thurough reviews on games. If you have any more questions look at the help page.
[url]http://armorgames.com/page/help[/url]

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

Actually, it doesn't have to be long, just enough to get attention which usually isn't too hard since most people post short comments like 'good game' or 'it suks', any sentence or two could stand out in that crowd. thorough comments could be explained better too, meaning suggestions that would help the creator make a better game, if you can't think of any, explain what you did like.

madgamer012
madgamer012
729 posts
Nomad

this should be new listing for the changes:
Forum post:2AP
Profile Comment: 1AP
Game Comment: 3AP
the changes should start on a certain date and you should mention that your armor points will remain the same.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Madgamer, the profile and game comments contain the worst spam.

There is no reason in the world why profile comments should get you any points. The game comments should be reduced to 1 AP because if you leave a good comment that 1 AP will turn into 25 AP. There are over 650 games. So that's a possible 17,000 APs for writing a review that will take you no more than 10 minutes.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

And BOOM you are a gold King.

idrumtomuch
idrumtomuch
96 posts
Shepherd

bumping this up for posterity reasons

turkishmaniaca
turkishmaniaca
155 posts
Nomad

I think it should be.

posting in profiles = 0

commenting on a game = 2

commenting on forums = 2

and i agree with Asherlee, you should be able to get a merit from forums. Because u can flag forum comments, but u cant give a thumbs up to good ones..

macco
macco
19 posts
Nomad

What are those points good for anyway?

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
922 posts
Scribe

The points get you ranks. Those ranks are the serf, squire etc. After a certain amount of points, you will rank up.

Wormpaul
Wormpaul
7 posts
Blacksmith

Why not giving points for people who report Spam in a contribute way?

Calm
Calm
908 posts
Herald

Why not give a minimum of 100 points per day to the moderators for their work?
lol
Just kidding, but I wanted t point out to Wormpaul that it's not really possible.But still, if you do you'll gain our respect, and that's good for you ^^

funky_monkey
funky_monkey
87 posts
Nomad

what???you get points for talking to friends?
now i know how firetail_madness has so manny points.lol
i think you should make it 0 points for leaving coments on profiles.
by the way...what does saying BUMP in forums mean???

Showing 16-30 of 120