ForumsSupport ForumTake armor point away for posting in profiles

120 18934
idrumtomuch
idrumtomuch
96 posts
Shepherd

Why the heck do you get two points for carrying on a conversation with someone that contributes NOTHING to the site?

You wanna cut down on spam points, take those away.

The point of armor points is to reward people for contributing to the site, well what does rewarding them for having a conversation with their friend for 2 points a message do?

• 120 Replies
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

I agree 100%. This is what I wrote in another topic yesterday:

Profile comments = 0 AP
Game comments = 2 AP (but limited, you can only review a game so many times)
Forum posts = 2 AP (This wouldn't be too bad on the spam because it is so much easier to moderate the forums than the game comments and profiles)

I would also like to see something similar to a merit but for the forums.

Itachi2641747
Itachi2641747
264 posts
Nomad

I say 3 for forum points, but thats just me.

idrumtomuch
idrumtomuch
96 posts
Shepherd

Should really be only 1 point per.

No reason to have 2.

At all.

+1 for me being Site administrator

idrumtomuch
idrumtomuch
96 posts
Shepherd

Why should anything be worth more than 1?

LeBronJames123123
LeBronJames123123
358 posts
Peasant

Yes if they did make this change it would take points away from many spammers and they would not be able to spam as much as they used to.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
922 posts
Scribe

Many do just post pointless comments on games for 2 easy points. LeBron makes a good point, and this could be better than the current point system.

lamas_own
lamas_own
103 posts
Nomad

ya that does sound like a good idea

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,192 posts
Herald

I really agree with this, but I always had this thought in mind. If this happens, everybodys points will just rank up a lot slower. People usely move up faster by talking to each other and if it becomes 0 then it will slow everybody down, which I have no problem in, I just thought I would say this.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
922 posts
Scribe

I do think it is a great idea, but I think people will start quitting. Some people are just on this site to talk and get points. I know doing that isn't the point of the site, but I just think this will cause a problem. Maybe instead of 0 points, we could make it 1 point.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

they should balance out the points because new users won't get the opportunity to get points like the older users since stuff before was like 2 points but i 150% agree that 2 points for talking to a friend is way too much >.<

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Well if profile comments are worth 0, then all the points would be subtracted from everyone. I am one of the few users with less comments than forum posts.

I suport making profile comments 0. I like the idea of having merits for the forums but I realy would rather have only 1 person help someone who has a question (if if takes one person to answer) instead of having about 9 people all try answering with the same answer only so they get more points.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

Okay, this is going to kill my points a lot if this happens XD
but I do agree anyways. Everyone in the Top 10 is there because they talk so much. Firetail_Madness's secret is talking to people all day and night. Why should we all have to do something completly oblivious to helping the site to be up high in ranks? I'm tired of people point crazy, it's just not fun when you get people who are constantly making fun of others for having less points than them, or people bothering others to get points. If Profile comments were 0, that'd make things so much nicer for Armourgames.
Profile posts=0
Game Ratings=1(easy to 'spam'
Game Comments=2
Forum Posts=2
Game Comments:Since there are more Mods, Spam Game Comments can easily be detected and deleted so there's no problem with that thankfully. And all comments there would be good, average or merited ones hopefully.
Forum Posts:These should be bumped up that way people who care about points find meaning and usefulness in actally posting, usuful stuff since the forums are closely monitered anyways.
Gamer Ratings:This should be the 1 point thing because anyone can click on a game and hit some random number to gain 2 points per game. 600+ games? that's over 1200 free points.

This is a little long, I hope I didn't forget to explain anything and I hope I don't sound too much of a jerk when it comes to crazy point makers or anything, I just don't think it should be 'hard' to get into the Top 100 or something when a lot of people are doing what does good for the site.

Darkspine
Darkspine
6 posts
Nomad

I agree with RaptorExx.

I think it should stay like it is now, aslong as you maby put up some time block for rating games or, well its just my opinion, put like 30-1min after each comment you post. or more.
Well im not the one to say how it should be.
But putting time beetween each rate/comment/profile comment and those kinda stuff that gives you points, thought It'd be a good idea.

By the way, great comment RaptorExx.

samichael
samichael
12 posts
Nomad

I think that there should be a seperate way of calculating how many points you get for submitting a game. maybe they could have 20 points, times by its rating in exactly 1 weeks time.
Creating games for this website is easily the most helpful, the hardest and is the entire point for this site.

I have seen people who have made some REALLY good games, and they are marked as lower contributors than people who just do profile comments all day.

just my 2cents..

samichael
samichael
12 posts
Nomad

is bumping allowed? if it is
bump
if not, then sorry

Showing 1-15 of 120