ForumsSupport ForumTake armor point away for posting in profiles

120 18918
idrumtomuch
idrumtomuch
96 posts
Shepherd

Why the heck do you get two points for carrying on a conversation with someone that contributes NOTHING to the site?

You wanna cut down on spam points, take those away.

The point of armor points is to reward people for contributing to the site, well what does rewarding them for having a conversation with their friend for 2 points a message do?

• 120 Replies
nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,192 posts
Herald

Yeah, me too, but it's weird when you see conversatons on other poeples pages, that just consist of 5 word sentances back and forth. Not only is that spam, but thats just talking to get points, like dank said.

bestgamer123
bestgamer123
215 posts
Nomad

1AP=profile
and the others 2AP

LeBronJames123123
LeBronJames123123
358 posts
Peasant

Yes and if they did change the points system they should also change points in everyones profile. Like say someone had 1000 comments, they should lose the 2,000 points.

zorvaz
zorvaz
201 posts
Nomad

Hmmm. Maybe some type of thing that blocks any comments on a profile that are under 10 words or something?

Sting
Sting
266 posts
Peasant

Yeah they should just be taken away, or at least reduced to one AP a post. I mean, some conversations on profiles are actually intelligent, but still they do not help the site at all.

steevo15
steevo15
1,562 posts
Peasant

well, they kinda do help the community, because the community is interacting and getting to know each other...thats just what i think

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,192 posts
Herald

Yeah, but it's not really contributing to the site because in most of those conversation, you're not giving your view on things or stating your opinions and thoughts, so it's not contributing to the site.

LeBronJames123123
LeBronJames123123
358 posts
Peasant

Yeah also some comments can help the site because if someone does not know anything someone could leave a comment on their profile and tell them how to do things.

steevo15
steevo15
1,562 posts
Peasant

that is true what Lebron said, I have helped people too. I think it helps the site from a community aspect, it promotes co-mingling within the community...and doesn't a good community make a good site?

LeBronJames123123
LeBronJames123123
358 posts
Peasant

I think that you should be able to get points for commenting on profiles as long as it is useful and helpful to the website. Other than that I don't think you should. It would be kind of hard to moderate that type of thing though.

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,192 posts
Herald

We have already said that it's not possible for profile comments to be helpful to the site or even useful. Why do you think that they are helpful to the site?

LeBronJames123123
LeBronJames123123
358 posts
Peasant

They could be helpful if you are telling someone how to get to the commnity. Also telling them what evrything means around here and how to use ArmorGames correctly.

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,192 posts
Herald

Oh, okay I see what you're saying, but that's why we have a Guide and Help page. Also, the new people usely post stuff on the forums and that's also why we have that thing that Asherlee made, explaing everything about this site.

steevo15
steevo15
1,562 posts
Peasant

I agree with LeBron...then there won't be people asking EVERYONE where to find stuff and how to do it which could possibly lead to a little less spam... Also as i said, it improves the community

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

True, profile comments can be helpful. Though most of the time, they arent. I that it woul be nice to get points for being helpful but if you are being helpful then shouldnt you do it because you want to help peopl instead of gaining points? In this case, I say profile comments should be woth no points.

Showing 61-75 of 120