ForumsSupport ForumTake armor point away for posting in profiles

120 18920
idrumtomuch
idrumtomuch
96 posts
Shepherd

Why the heck do you get two points for carrying on a conversation with someone that contributes NOTHING to the site?

You wanna cut down on spam points, take those away.

The point of armor points is to reward people for contributing to the site, well what does rewarding them for having a conversation with their friend for 2 points a message do?

• 120 Replies
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

so true so ture maybe they should lower it to 1 point?!

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

That would still keep the spamming up! and if theyse comments were worth someething, people would try 2x as much to get points with these :|

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,192 posts
Herald

Yeah, I agree with idrumtoomuch, for the first time ever, but I was just wondering, since pretty much everybody agrees with this idea, when do you think that it will actually happen? I need a Mods response.

idrumtomuch
idrumtomuch
96 posts
Shepherd

^Yeah it is hard for a 14 year old to be unbiased about decisions, I understand that.

Calm
Calm
908 posts
Herald

Well, nick
we've been discussiong it lately in between us.
The problem is that currently we can't lower the comments mark for user boards without lowering the points you get for game boards, as it enteres the same category.
the best way to do it would be to "install" a chatroom and a PM service. Then, all user boards would probably get deleted and there would no longer be the problem.
Of course, you wouldn't get any point for PMs and for chatting.
We're currently discussing the issue...
I'll call back when I have more info.

Dan is the most likely to have the answer so I think you should ask him directly...

Sweetiedark
Sweetiedark
67 posts
Nomad

kool so whats this about ?

wow4ever1212
wow4ever1212
190 posts
Shepherd

I just like armorgames the way it is. I don't think anything should change.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
922 posts
Scribe

Sweetiedark, pleas do NOT post on forum asking what it is about. It is spamming, and I would like for you to read earlier posts so you can understand what is happening. Thanks!

Avrilicious
Avrilicious
525 posts
Peasant

Well yes that would be good so people would not spam on their profile to get points.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
922 posts
Scribe

Well those people usually get caught anyway! But this would make this more of a gaming site which is what I'm pretty sure is why this site was made!

idrumtomuch
idrumtomuch
96 posts
Shepherd

ACTION BUMP

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

The issue of having full on conversations on profiles is becoming a major problem. I've attempted to explain this to some of the members that I have been told about and I'm so tired of getting attitude thrown back at me.

Calm
Calm
908 posts
Herald

Asherlee's right here.
Users must understand that ArmorGames is not a messenger device. You can download MSN messenger if you want to chat with your friends!!
And it's true that most users reply quite badly towards us moderators, most of the time without reason. You must understand we're trying to help you!!

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,192 posts
Herald

Hey Switchfoot, it's not only just us. I actually don't do it that much compared to a lot of other people. Just look on the top ten people's pages. I bet that I have the least comments at of all of them. Most of them just got there from just talking to each other, while I mainly got there from my merits. Yeah, it's not a huge problem and not a rule, it's that you're getting points from not even contributing to the site, and that's not really fair.

dank
dank
983 posts
Peasant

There's nothing wrong with it. Most of the conversations only exist for points though.

Showing 46-60 of 120