ForumsSupport ForumTake armor point away for posting in profiles

120 18936
idrumtomuch
idrumtomuch
96 posts
Shepherd

Why the heck do you get two points for carrying on a conversation with someone that contributes NOTHING to the site?

You wanna cut down on spam points, take those away.

The point of armor points is to reward people for contributing to the site, well what does rewarding them for having a conversation with their friend for 2 points a message do?

• 120 Replies
vinster132
vinster132
5,880 posts
Jester

Commenting isn't worth it, it's just my opinion. But I'd rather go to the forums.

Chat some where else. It's way too easy to gain points. All I have to say.

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Nah, I don't agree with this. Armor points is like experience. .... You gained that experience by talking to people. You get what I mean?

What if you got 20,000 AP off stuff like hi? I mean mainly everyone rates all the games and gets to about 10,000 if you do that. After that its experiance.
vinster132
vinster132
5,880 posts
Jester

Alright, this is the conclusion.

Dan the creator, WILL NOT take AP away as I can see. I, myself, I don't care about AP. But many people seem to like AP. So, I don't see why Dan would take away AP.

But again, I don't care about AP. so...

Nah, I don't agree with this. Armor points is like experience. .... You gained that experience by talking to people. You get what I mean?

No, AP isn't like experience. AG put it here because it would attract more people on AG. Saying hi, everywhere isn't an experience. It's just a way to gain AP ----in' fast.

If, messages are more than 7 words, and aren't "Hi!" ,"What's up?!".

I would prefer this comment though,

"Hello, I've seen you around the forums and you have quite a post count. And you also make quality posts. Mind of we talk?"

It just seems better.
I mean mainly everyone rates all the games and gets to about 10,000 if you do that. After that its experiance.

Rating all of the games, without playing them is just wasting your time to try to get to the top 100, to a high rank, top 5, top 3, and number 1 ranked. It's just stupid.

I would prefer a decent conversation in the forums about something, like Colony, Raze, etc. etc. etc. and so on.
Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Rating all of the games, without playing them is just wasting your time to try to get to the top 100, to a high rank, top 5, top 3, and number 1 ranked. It's just stupid.

Many newbies ttry that and then figure out it dosen't get you there. I didn't back when I was new, but over time played more.
snipershot325
snipershot325
844 posts
Nomad

i don't think it should, as it encourages interactions between users.

Well,the messenger would be kind of pointless no one would want to use the messanger again,and start some other kind of spam in forums or something to get Ap by chatting on a thread.I don't think Ap is ever gonna be taken away for posting on peoples profile,it is one of the main ways to get ApXD
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

okay only giving points for comments that have more than seven words.

vinster132
vinster132
5,880 posts
Jester

I would still prefer chatting on Xat, or any other chat system that is out there. Still, it's just my opinion.

firbozz_pieman
firbozz_pieman
24 posts
Nomad

I know this wouldn't solve the problem completely, but what if the user of the other account had to acknowledge your comment for it to be counted? Just throwing that idea out there.

tomertheking
tomertheking
1,751 posts
Jester

I know this wouldn't solve the problem completely, but what if the user of the other account had to acknowledge your comment for it to be counted? Just throwing that idea out there.

This would cause back-to-back spam. Not a good idea.
alecz1996
alecz1996
12 posts
Nomad

I think that what this forum is saying is true. if you have nothing to contribute to this site don't join. People have gotten greedy and just want Armatar points.... And I would say I want Armatar points too, but i'm not going to waste others time by writing something that has nothing to do with the forum. The forum is for others to discuss one topic not about daily life or nothing about the topic in general....

wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

Personally I would like to see an increase in points.

I strongly disagree with 0 points for profile comments because when I was a noob this was a fast way for me to ask questions directly to moderators and regular users without spamming the threads.
I know the mod squad is swamped just keeping up with game rating spammers but everyone needs to utilize the flag more often.

If you are as fed up with spammers as I am kindly ask the people who visit your profile with nothing meaningful to say to meet you off site for a chat. If you want to hold a conversation with a user that has nothing to do with a thread, forum or game, then take it somewhere else.
Until 3.0 comes out though please, don't alter the point scale. If the administration chooses to go with 0 points for profile comments then then of course I agree but not before then.

devouredbyvermin1
devouredbyvermin1
20 posts
Nomad

no keep it you might aswell

Yodadude53
Yodadude53
1,496 posts
Nomad

Well,the messenger would be kind of pointless no one would want to use the messanger again

Majority of people actually use the messenger for conversation. And forums are easier to moderate than messenger,so spammers will figure out they will be caught easily.
Protofai
Protofai
228 posts
Nomad

You'd think that the AG admins would know what they're doing, wouldn't you...

Quina
Quina
56 posts
Nomad

I've combed through 6 pages of forums, and it seems to me that points for comments on people's profiles encourages those of us who are new here to try and make friends. More friends = more chatting, more chatting and keeping in touch = more points.

On the other hand, why not offer fewer points in general so people have to rely on merrit points more oftain?

And As for multiple ratings per game, why not just make it so people can change their orrigional rating. I've been playing games on here for a year or two before i made my profile, and I know since then I've run across a game or two after playing for 15 minutes wished i could change my rating. Instead of giving more points for rating a game twice, why not give the points once and allow users to change their ratings?

Showing 106-120 of 120