ForumsSupport ForumTake armor point away for posting in profiles

120 18935
idrumtomuch
idrumtomuch
96 posts
Shepherd

Why the heck do you get two points for carrying on a conversation with someone that contributes NOTHING to the site?

You wanna cut down on spam points, take those away.

The point of armor points is to reward people for contributing to the site, well what does rewarding them for having a conversation with their friend for 2 points a message do?

• 120 Replies
FloydTC
FloydTC
2,920 posts
Nomad

They like easy AP

yes they do. bumping old random threads is a good example.
AnaLoGMunKy
AnaLoGMunKy
1,574 posts
Blacksmith

As long as they dont start charging for content I couldnt care less how many points someone has. You will always get people that spam for the points.

TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

My question is: if you guys don't like it when people spam for the points, and you say you don't care about points, aren't you being hypocritical?

Uislon
Uislon
7 posts
Nomad

My opinion is that if you want AP you must word for them...you can't earn point gratis or simply!

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Reviver.

There as been people complaining about spam in the moderator thread around here and so I think this is a good suggestion.

Please continue.

Oh and this has a moderator saying it is a good idea.

This is a better idea then taking away AP all together.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Leo, no necroing please. It kaes the world sad.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Taking away AP from profile commenting would promote typing out long conversations and using 3rd-party chatrooms for IM'ing. I don't support getting points for commenting/chatting on profiles, as this is kind of silly. I realize that the staff put thought into how the AP system worked, and I respect that. Perhaps this and others are how they "hooked" members into AG? Afterall, getting points for various reasons is how you have fun on this site. Should it be for commenting and pressing a button? Not really :-/

Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

I think that if the staff were to seperate the AP point system a little bit.
Like right now we have the categories, are as followed
Games Rated.
Comments.
Forum Posts.
Games Submitted.
Merits.
But I think it would be easier to spot the spammers if we were to have it like this.
Games Rated.
Game Comments.
Profile Comments.
Forum Posts.
Games Submitted.
Merits.

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Leo, no necroing please. It kaes the world sad.

Please no going off topic. It makes the world sad.

And now I will proceed to go off topic myself.

I see no reason why necroing is bad. I had a good reason to get all of the AP stuff out of the moderator thread and into here.

I also wondered why is it 2ap for comments, they are much easier to spam then the forums.
SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

i don't think it should, as it encourages interactions between users. while yes, i do realize that it is abused a lot, especially in some ghost accounts, but isn't every other way to get AP abused to a certain amount, like spamming on fporum posts and just clicking the rating icon, regardless whether you've even played the game or think it deserves that rating?

zippy9z2
zippy9z2
125 posts
Nomad

isnt writing a comment apply too all comments? including profiles, games, and a third thing that i cant think of.

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

This should be done, but I can't see right away.

Renjineon
Renjineon
3,912 posts
Nomad

wat u get points for ppl posting on profiles holy wow thats interesting never saw that before or i guess i dont barly have messages to even notice i get points for it

XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

i don't think it should, as it encourages interactions between users.

if we had a chat room... but lets not even get into that again.

i don't think there should be a reward for someone saying "hi (:" to another person... thats just not right.

And the remark im making right now is semi-well thought out and is only worth one. but i don't care a great deal for AP anymore
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Nah, I don't agree with this. Armor points is like experience. .... You gained that experience by talking to people. You get what I mean?

Showing 91-105 of 120