ForumsSupport ForumEvidence

69 19385
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Temp. addition to the wall'o'stick.

If you are going to complain about/report someone, make sure you have evidence of the mischief.
If someone spam your comments, DO NOT delete it. Report it, wait until a mod replies, then delete it.
If you need to make a mod aware of a thread, POST THE LINK ALONG with the complaint/comment.
And, most importantly... If you want something to be locked, or deleted... REPORT IT!!

Why?
In the first case: No evidence, nothing happened.
Second case: It is sometimes hard work to track down "That thread about kittens" when we don't know where it is, or even what it is called.
Third case: Because otherwise you spam with your "this should be locked", "this is stupid", "this is a repeat"... The last case at least if that is the only comment.

Just so you know.

• 69 Replies
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Thank you.

It is so freaking annoying when people post "this is spam" or "stupid thread" or something like that. It makes me want to punch someone or shoot a kitten. (no offense, PETA)

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

It makes me want to punch someone or shoot a kitten.

Why would you harm a kitten? People I can understand, but what did the kitten do to you?

And if you can't prove what the kitten did to you, the kitten did nothing because there is no evidence.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

WOW! This turns out to become a 'Holmes' investigation'... :P

People don't understand or simply forget in their rage to put up the link alongside their complaint I guess...

Good job in pointing that out to the users Cenere!

Crab65
Crab65
327 posts
Nomad

Does flagging the comment actually do anything? Or is it just a hopeless cause?

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

If multiple people flag the same comment or post, then something happens, and then the mods get notified, and then they find and delete the post...

Actually I don't know myself. Being normies, we don't know FOR SURE what happens to a comment with multiple flags, we need to have a mod's input about it. Is there a waiting list full of flagged comments that mods look over to check? Is it notified on the mods' e-mail accounts? Does it automatically get deleted by way of programming? Or does it say "BLUE TEAM HAS THE FLAG" really loud so every mod knows that someone flagged a comment? Whatever which, I would like to know. It's not like it's in a sticky or something.

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

Mods don't get it, admins do.

I forget where I saw it, but I saw several people say it.

As for how it gets vaporized, I have no idea.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Yeah, mods are flag-blind. Seriously, even irl we walk into flag poles and stuff.
Staff has big red button somewhere in the secret lair of AG where they run down when the red lights start flashing. When they push it, every little flagged comment goes poof, and they sigh with relief and go back to playing games... I mean, serious programming stuff.

Crab65
Crab65
327 posts
Nomad

When they push it, every little flagged comment goes poof

So I could just flag every post in every sticky and all the stickies would disappear? I can see why that would not be a great system to use.
Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

Spam = Pure Rage!! I hate Spam!! And who ever is a spammer it's annoying!!

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Ha ha ha ha haaah......whoooo.... *wipes tear from eye*

Yeah, mods are flag-blind. Seriously, even irl we walk into flag poles and stuff.
Staff has big red button somewhere in the secret lair of AG where they run down when the red lights start flashing. When they push it, every little flagged comment goes poof, and they sigh with relief and go back to playing games... I mean, serious programming stuff.

Why are you snickering behind Kirby's back if you are saying this is the truth hmmm? XD

Nah, someone has to take care of those flags, staff or mods, and both, if Cen doesn't like to tell the truth sometimes ;-)
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

Looky, I see spam. From you.
Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

I dont call that spam i call it a one word post
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

It's spam if you put a one word post AND THEN post the same thing with reasons why. Case closed, please don't do it again. Let's see if the staff can find the flags with this one. Wait nevermind, there's evidence with the linky so nevermind. [/so-totally-on-topic post]
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

Which is spam by definition. If you want an explanation, I'll tell you.
Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

Which is spam by definition. If you want an explanation, I'll tell you.

okay okay

It's spam if you put a one word post AND THEN post the same thing with reasons why.

Sorry!! OKay!!
Showing 1-15 of 69