ForumsWEPRBuilding a Mosque at Ground Zero

344 57329
mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

What do you think about this? I feel that it should not be built at ground zero because I find that extremely disrespectful to the families and victims of that infamous day.

• 344 Replies
Ion24
Ion24
121 posts
Nomad

Oh god, MRWalker82? You should stop talking for a while, you just made me laugh so hard my appendix burst. Christ, my pineal gland, now my appendix, what's next D:?

Perhaps the Muslims are just trying to apologize for the extremists behavior in the most potent way possible, but accidentally end up "offending" Americans. You can't get mad at them for that, can you?

Oh Jeebus, when will the poison and lies stop?

Oh my poor nalt. For one, the poison and lies will flow endlessly, no matter the rate at which they do. Second, Jeebus can't help you right now, he's busy being an entirely theoretical being who can do anything yet does nothing. And third, I, among many others, share your pain in seeing the full effect of all the deceit and corruption that man has managed to excrete out his ever-widening social [/i]BUNGHOLE[i].
Ion24
Ion24
121 posts
Nomad

Damn, my italics glitched up there >

KidJustice
KidJustice
3 posts
Nomad

"Perhaps the Muslims are just trying to apologize for the extremists behavior in the most potent way possible, but accidentally end up "offending" Americans."

To be sure, Muslims are peaceful people, in my view, they built it to claim peace. The Qu'ran doesn't encourage terrorism.

SosolidClaws
SosolidClaws
251 posts
Nomad

To be sure, Muslims are peaceful people, in my view, they built it to claim peace. The Qu'ran doesn't encourage terrorism.

Thank you, at least there's one person here who isn't an ignorant American. You others keep believeing what you see on the news, and then one day you'll visit some Arab country and see for yourselves how stupid you were to think they were taught to kill.

PS: I AM NOT MUSLIM I AM JUST TRYING TO TEACH YOU AMERICANS SOME IMPORTANT MORALS
tomertheking
tomertheking
1,751 posts
Jester

Thank you, at least there's one person here who isn't an ignorant American. You others keep believeing what you see on the news, and then one day you'll visit some Arab country and see for yourselves how stupid you were to think they were taught to kill.

What about the people that live in Israel?
SosolidClaws
SosolidClaws
251 posts
Nomad

What about the people that live in Israel?

The people aren't being killed by civils but by Militia, that is just the result of a corrupt political environment, nothing to do with the religion even if they use it as a motive. And to be honest there is no bad guy in the Isreal-Palestine affair it's two countries victim of conflict.
GhostGS
GhostGS
323 posts
Nomad

too be honest religion is only a side factor... these extremist only use the excuse that they are serving a higher being to justify their actions which comes down to religion. it isn't really muslim its a new type of religion all together. the only reason you connect it with muslim is because the extremists claim to serve Allah which in all they don't. the two holy books may say to harm but think about it... when were they written. remember that there was a holy war and i don't think we know if they were changed since their actual creation. so they justified to kill for their religion back then and they use those lines today (if they are real). but that is no excuse to do any harm.

SosolidClaws
SosolidClaws
251 posts
Nomad

too be honest religion is only a side factor... these extremist only use the excuse that they are serving a higher being to justify their actions which comes down to religion. it isn't really muslim its a new type of religion all together. the only reason you connect it with muslim is because the extremists claim to serve Allah which in all they don't. the two holy books may say to harm but think about it... when were they written. remember that there was a holy war and i don't think we know if they were changed since their actual creation. so they justified to kill for their religion back then and they use those lines today (if they are real). but that is no excuse to do any harm.

Indeed, they were written back when the Crusades were there. Just to point this out. THE CRUSADES WERE A BARBARIC SLAUGHTER OF THE MUSLIM MANKIND WITH A RELIGIOUS EXCUSE BUT A POLITICAL AND ECONOMICAL MOTIVE. Think about how the muslims felt for hundreds of years after that. They only want Peace right now.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

then they can't blow up our buildings without hitting their mosques.

I realize you were joking, but these extremists would have no problem massacring their own people. As far as I know the Qu'ran forbids the killing of women and children, yet these &quoteople" have no problem attacking crowded bazaars, mosques, and hospitals.

All throughout history, Muslims have slaughtered everyone that didn't agree with them. Christians have done so to an even greater extent, yet both of these religions were founded entirely off peace? How can this happen?

You have to remember there was a time when Christianity, Judaism, and Islam all lived in a peaceful coexistence, they obeyed the laws that their religions had been set up on. I haven't learned a great deal about this period of history so I don't know quite what went wrong between them, but I suspect it has a lot to do with all three religions having vying for the 'holy land'
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

THE CRUSADES WERE A BARBARIC SLAUGHTER OF THE MUSLIM MANKIND WITH A RELIGIOUS EXCUSE BUT A POLITICAL AND ECONOMICAL MOTIVE.

Sorry about the double post, but I just saw this. ^

The crusades were first started when Emperor Alexus I called for aid, to stop Muslim forces from harassing and murdering Christians in the holy land. The goal then became to recapture Jerusalem and The holy land. Now if you've noticed the news lately, fighting over the holy land hasn't become any less common.
GhostGS
GhostGS
323 posts
Nomad

HE CRUSADES WERE A BARBARIC SLAUGHTER OF THE MUSLIM MANKIND WITH A RELIGIOUS EXCUSE BUT A POLITICAL AND ECONOMICAL MOTIVE

This is very true but i must say that Muslims were the first to attack... im not saying that it was their fault but it was the first domino to fall in the chain that lead to the bloody crusades...
GhostGS
GhostGS
323 posts
Nomad

when they captured the holy land they had also destroyed the Church of the Holy Sepulchre or the Church of the resurrection. this caused outrage within the christian religion. the muslim party then allowed the byzantine empire to pay for its reconstruction and they allowed pilgrimages to the area for a price. but at a certain time the pilgrims were captured and sometimes the clergy were murdered only for the muslims to realise that they were their only source of income so they stopped but the damage was done. this was another factor that lead to the eagerness to go to war with the muslims

SosolidClaws
SosolidClaws
251 posts
Nomad

I don't know quite what went wrong between them, but I suspect it has a lot to do with all three religions having vying for the 'holy land'

One word, Greed.

I realize you were joking, but these extremists would have no problem massacring their own people. As far as I know the Qu'ran forbids the killing of women and children, yet these &quoteople" have no problem attacking crowded bazaars, mosques, and hospitals

This proves my point that they are not real muslims. Thank-you.

when they captured the holy land they had also destroyed the Church of the Holy Sepulchre or the Church of the resurrection. this caused outrage within the christian religion. the muslim party then allowed the byzantine empire to pay for its reconstruction and they allowed pilgrimages to the area for a price. but at a certain time the pilgrims were captured and sometimes the clergy were murdered only for the muslims to realise that they were their only source of income so they stopped but the damage was done. this was another factor that lead to the eagerness to go to war with the muslims

Yes but if they loved that 'holy land' so much then why did they go and live all the way in Europe? They thought the muslims would just 'leave' their part of the land in peace when they were the inhabitants of it? That's a very stupid idea that they had in mind back then. But what has been done has been done and the minds of the muslim populations over there cannot be unscarred from the memories of those massacres.

Ps: I'm not a muslim I'm just stating facts
GhostGS
GhostGS
323 posts
Nomad

i know.. i hate it how some stereotypical Americans just say how muslims are terrorists or something along the lines that muslims are bad. and i also hate it that it just isn't america, its just a stereotype of America cause of a) they have been hurt the most by these extremist b) they retaliated harshly c) because there is more ppl that live in the US so there are bound to more of the stereotype.
n i aint Muslim... im agnostic
but u r correct Solid that y did they leave... well i can give lots of reasons but i cbf to go through them all seeing its 46 minutes past midnight on Friday

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

Yes but if they loved that 'holy land' so much then why did they go and live all the way in Europe?

Christianity was spread through the already existing roman empire. They didn't go live in England, they were already there Christianity just spread.

That's a very stupid idea that they had in mind back then.

Religion isn't known for logical thinking.

unscarred from the memories of those massacres.

These things happened thousands of years ago, there isn't any memory of it, yes the hatred created from the MUTUAL killing still exists. However there is no 'mental scarring'.

Ps: I'm not a muslim I'm just stating facts

You've stated that twice now, and I still don't care.
Showing 46-60 of 344