ForumsWEPRBuilding a Mosque at Ground Zero

344 57327
mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

What do you think about this? I feel that it should not be built at ground zero because I find that extremely disrespectful to the families and victims of that infamous day.

• 344 Replies
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

I am not against the building of Mosques at all. But building one at the site of a major terrorist incident seems to be rubbing peoples faces in it a little. I understand that 99% of Muslims aren't terrorists or extremists but building a mosque on a site that was destroyed by extremists of your silly religion just isn't right.

DarkestNite
DarkestNite
166 posts
Nomad

I am not against the building of Mosques at all. But building one at the site of a major terrorist incident seems to be rubbing peoples faces in it a little. I understand that 99% of Muslims aren't terrorists or extremists but building a mosque on a site that was destroyed by extremists of your silly religion just isn't right.

I agree with the fact that it doesn't really make sense that there is a mesjid being built right there.
I personally wouldn't have done that.
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

I'd have at least chosen a site a bit further away from Ground Zero. Building a Mosque upon the ground of an extremist incident seems like rubbing salt into open wounds.

DarkestNite
DarkestNite
166 posts
Nomad

I agree with that.

coletrain
coletrain
4 posts
Nomad

I understand what they are trying to do with the mosque but I think they need to wait a little longer. I don't think most Americans are ready for it.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I understand what they are trying to do with the mosque but I think they need to wait a little longer. I don't think most Americans are ready for it.

Actually this was voted and agreed on. So it would seem the majority of those living in the area were okay with it.

Honestly regardless of the reason for building a mosque near ground zero, I think it's in bad taste to do so.
It comes off a bit like if someone was attacked or lost someone from an attack by a gator, then inviting them to go to gator land with you.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

Yes, but people need to get over it. There are always going to be religions in our world, and there will be extremists from those religions who commit atrocities, however we cannot shun a group of millions for the mistakes of a few.

What really is starting to piss me off are the stereotypes that: All Muslims are terrorists; If you liven in a country such as India, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, you either are or know a terrorist; and last but not least the infamous "towelhead"

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

I find it disgusting. So what if 'not all Muslims are terrorists'? It was the religion and their religious beliefs that contributed and directly led to the attacks. This is them proving their point: We are weak, we are incompetent, and they have won. Guess what? We are weak, incompetent, and they have won.

I respect the religion. But come on, people, you can't honestly approve of this? This is just stupid, and done as a BS publicity stunt.

Fun Fact: The mosque is scheduled to open on September 11, 2011. So much for not rubbing our weakness in our faces, right?

Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

These are either some seriously misguided intentions or someone likes kicking the USA in the nuts.

BrianWV
BrianWV
27 posts
Peasant

Darkestnight, if muslims are not terrorist or support terrorism, why do they no speak out against it publicly?
Why do they seem to be afraid of their own people?
why don't they point out the radicals instead of hiding them?

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

It was the religion and their religious beliefs

So the Spanish Inquisition was justified by the bible?

The mosque is scheduled to open on September 11, 2011.

Now they're just rubbing salt into the wound.
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Darkestnight, if muslims are not terrorist or support terrorism, why do they no speak out against it publicly?
Why do they seem to be afraid of their own people?
why don't they point out the radicals instead of hiding them?

Because as part of their faith these extremists, while they may not agree with them, are still their brothers. Just like if your blood brother committed murder, you would most likely not approve, and you would find the act reprehensible, but you would probably not be calling the police to come and arrest him either. Add to that that their faith creates a bond even stronger than many ties of blood and you begin to understand their reluctance to act against these Jihadists.
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

So the Spanish Inquisition was justified by the bible?

Unfortunately I have to accuse you of taking out of context.

Nowhere in the bible is it supported that you kill, however it is a sin to not believe in their god. This is the same in Islam. Fanatics take it far.

The rest of my statement was very much part of the argument. I did not say it was the direct reason, but religion was the primary motive. That, and they don't like the west. The Koran never says to kill infidels (oh wait, it does . . . I think. I could be wrong so it won't be part of my argument), but they interpret it so. Shiite and Sunni's read the same Koran, but interpret it VERY different ways.
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Well this just gives me a fantastic idea. We'll just build a mosque near every building in the US that could be a target for terrorists, then they can't blow up our buildings without hitting their mosques. That way if they try anything they'll kill their own people too. Fkin terrorists.

On a serious note the whole situation disgusts me and makes me ashamed of my country. It is sickening that political correctness has gone so far as to allow this to occur.

I've got a great idea. We'll have the Christians go to the middle east and blow up one of their great structures and kill thousands of their troops, then build a huge cathedral right there.

SosolidClaws
SosolidClaws
251 posts
Nomad

The rest of my statement was very much part of the argument. I did not say it was the direct reason, but religion was the primary motive. That, and they don't like the west. The Koran never says to kill infidels (oh wait, it does . . . I think. I could be wrong so it won't be part of my argument), but they interpret it so. Shiite and Sunni's read the same Koran, but interpret it VERY different ways

It does not say anywhere in the Koran to kill infidels and Killing is a GREAT SIN in the Islam religion. It was a concept based on Peace, Hygiene and Belief and therefore any Muslim who damages another person is not a Muslim, he becomes the infidel.

I find it disgusting. So what if 'not all Muslims are terrorists'? It was the religion and their religious beliefs that contributed and directly led to the attacks.

That's just down right Racism. It was not their religious beliefs that led them to do that. Religion was a FACTOR in that action. They did it because they were Poor, Desperate, Angry against your nation and were looking for a meaning in life. The Koran DOES NOT tell anyone to do any such thing and any person who does such an action is not a Muslim. It's called an Extremist. Therefore I find you to be disgusting and a bigot.
Showing 16-30 of 344