ForumsGameswarlords 2: Rise of the demons

209 81328
Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

I just beat warlords two
its pretty awesome
i played as the undead and i used the same strat as in the first one and i beat it without a problem

• 209 Replies
Kurohami
Kurohami
91 posts
Peasant

I used human of the east ( i think it's east, anyways the blue one). King's guard is pretty much unstoppable once you have it fully upgraded, I only ever seen it defeated in melee battle by warrior monk. Warrior monk knocks king's guard to the ground practically every hit, and my poor king's guard can't hit back.

P.S: is it just me or the archmage is bugged? I hired like 5 one by one then made a charge of them but non of them used spells even once although I bought all the upgrades for it.

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

:

yes i believe quite a few of the spellcasters are bugged, including the archmage, becuzz i sent a spellcaster ( southern orc) with the terror hing bought, never even used it and got pwnd without a fight.

btw, should i start out with lots of unupgraded units or a smaller amount of upgraded ones???

Kurohami
Kurohami
91 posts
Peasant

smaller amount of upgraded ones. In the end it's quality that counts. The preparation time is the same no matter how much you upgrade your unit, so if you max your units then you will have an advantage in preparation time since with the same amount of preparation time you are putting out a more powerful unit. The variety of units you start with should suffice to counter all kinds of enemies. There are units that are not as worthy of upgrading though. Don't upgrade archer's armor because it will still be just as fragile. I fully upgraded swordman and spearman before I started buying new units. The first unit to buy should be the siege machine I think. You want to take down the castles early because they become quite hard if you choose to deal with them later.

Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

start with few strong units
also is you beat the game three times you get a race called the arnolds
i think it has to do with the terminator
anyways
once you unlock em they freaking pwn lol

StepOnABaby
StepOnABaby
583 posts
Nomad

how bad do they pwn?

Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

lets just say that on hardest its easy

StepOnABaby
StepOnABaby
583 posts
Nomad

then good thing I just unlocked them...

myky
myky
43 posts
Nomad

i started with human and a level 6 i beat the demons^^ ..i'm lvl 9 and still playing..avesome game

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

I really liked this game. Liked the other one too. Beat it once with the blue humans mainly using spearmen fully upgraded in a single line. Charged with upgraded King's Guard. Gonna do demons next. I also noticed the magic bug. Wierd.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

I've nearly finished the game.. Got side tracked. I have a minor complaint with the relative ease of the game. I relied on a few tactics which have for the most part helped me breeze through the game. I rely mostly on a combo of halberdiers, spearmen and archers for normal attacks and king's guards and mounted spearmen for charges.

Will finish the game with other races too.

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Something I forgot to mention is even though I fought the demons early on I still beat them pretty easily with my strategy. I do like the new "Siege" levels they added.

FinnDragon
FinnDragon
993 posts
Blacksmith

That is pretty good game, I play with high elves (purple) but siege levels are sutch a pain!I believe taht I need siege machine to complete them.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

@FinnDragon

Only playing as the Human Alliance, I find siege levels to be pretty easy. I focus on one line and spam halberdiers and archers, adding in the occasional siege machine. As soon as the charges are ready, I either send out a line of mounted spearmen or a line of king's guards backed by spearmen.

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

I used human of the east ( i think it's east, anyways the blue one). King's guard is pretty much unstoppable once you have it fully upgraded, I only ever seen it defeated in melee battle by warrior monk. Warrior monk knocks king's guard to the ground practically every hit, and my poor king's guard can't hit back.

Human Alliance, the race you're talking about.
Or Human Kingdom.
I actually found that the Hammerman was the supreme unit in all areas of expertise (with exception to range). He hits people flat on their butts nearly 100% of the time and can obliterate nearly every other unique unit.
He also possesses exceptional and unmatched armor.

P.S: is it just me or the archmage is bugged? I hired like 5 one by one then made a charge of them but non of them used spells even once although I bought all the upgrades for it.

It's not just you.
I am 99.99% sure that the Archmage category for a unit is bugged, I haven't seen any of them use an ability except the enemies one in which it only casts the spell that causes a units special ability to re-trigger.

btw, should i start out with lots of unupgraded units or a smaller amount of upgraded ones???

Think about it this way:
Time = Unit
Variety in Units = Takes time to use them all.
Upgraded Units = Less lanes for effectiveness, but less time as well.

It honestly depends on your strategy, I never needed mounted units, I usually stuck with the Spearman, Swordsman and Archer (whom are now effective!) for a while, until I could unlock unique units.
Oh and Halberdiers of course.

smaller amount of upgraded ones. In the end it's quality that counts. The preparation time is the same no matter how much you upgrade your unit, so if you max your units then you will have an advantage in preparation time since with the same amount of preparation time you are putting out a more powerful unit. The variety of units you start with should suffice to counter all kinds of enemies. There are units that are not as worthy of upgrading though. Don't upgrade archer's armor because it will still be just as fragile. I fully upgraded swordman and spearman before I started buying new units. The first unit to buy should be the siege machine I think. You want to take down the castles early because they become quite hard if you choose to deal with them later.

True for the most part. The Human Alliance Hammermen were significantly quicker in destroying an enemy castle than any siege unit would have been.
Here's the strategy:
Keep charging hammermen at enemy units to gather up kills for a charge, but try to limit the amount of lanes used.
Use the charge with laddermen in their special ability, sprint, to quickly gain points and to allow a much larger wave to come through and the one that should end it.
Continue the same tactic with hammermen.
Charge with hammermen.
Win.
In my opinion, they are overpowered, and I feel they need slight tweaking down on their armor, or damage. Not the knockback though as I feel that is the thing that makes this unit 'unique'.

start with few strong units
also is you beat the game three times you get a race called the arnolds
i think it has to do with the terminator
anyways
once you unlock em they freaking pwn lol

They do own
I actually really enjoy the Men of the West more though, it may be their shieldmen, but I also <3 the Human Alliance for previously mentioned reasons.
Demons were great for charging though, why? Giant Demons.

I like how they introduced (I think) 2 unique units per race as in the previous game I am unsure that each race even had one. If they do make a Warlords 3 I will enjoy it if they added special abilities (possibly only allowing one of a few abilities for each unit, but also giving ones to units that did not have one anyway) to the game, and also give an extra unique unit
The game is nearly entirely balanced, with few (previously mentioned ) exceptions, much more than in the previous game however, as each unit has a use without a doubt.

its boring

Care to elaborate?

Only playing as the Human Alliance, I find siege levels to be pretty easy. I focus on one line and spam halberdiers and archers, adding in the occasional siege machine. As soon as the charges are ready, I either send out a line of mounted spearmen or a line of king's guards backed by spearmen.

For the undead you spam either Flailers or Swirlers through into enemies, then open a charge with sprinting laddermen, then rotate between successful ladder plants whilst maintaining a stable siege by a single catapult, then you close the charges with a final catapult charge which if you've distracted the enemy on the main lane enough, should end it surely.

I'm going to try the Trolls now, I haven't seen their unique unit that isn't a giant troll. Of course, if they have one.

- H
Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

i beat the game with
undead(easy)(hard)
demons(medium)
orcs of the north(medium)
arnolds(hardest)
arnolds have a slow start but in the end they pwn

Showing 1-15 of 209