ForumsPopular MediaDelossantosj's Song of the Week!

192 84635
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

Welcome to Delossantosjâs Song of the Week!! (mod approved)
In this thread I will post a song every week that deserves a shot in the spotlight! There will song lyrics, and most likely the music video or such to the song.
The song must be new(ish). 1.5-2 years back as a limit pending on how popular the song actually was.
I will take ANY songs for request on my page in the comments section, but just know that if only you have requested that song, odds are it wonât be picked. If youâd like me to post a song that you think deserves it, then try and get some supporters and followers!
Feel free to comment or state positive criticism to the song and tell me if you guys think itâs a good song or not!
ALL GENRES ARE ACCEPTED HERE!

SONG OF THE WEEK: Ropes-Foo Fighters

with the foo fighters new single off there number selling album that HASNT EVEN COME OUT YET i feel like this song deserves a win for this first week.

with epic guitar riffs, kick butt drumming, and strong dave vocals this song has everything going for it.

link to song to listen

lyrics:
This indecision got me climbing up the walls
I've been cheating gravity and waiting on the falls
How did this come over me, I thought I was above it all
Our hopes gone up in smoke, swallow your crown

On a kiss, I thought I'd save my breath for you

Give me some rope I'm coming loose, I'm hanging on you
Give me some rope I'm coming loose, I'm pulling for you now
Give me some rope I'm coming, out of my head, into the clear when you, go,
I, go, No

These premonitions got me crying up a storm

Leave your condition, this position does no harm

I, go, No

I, go, No

• 192 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

[quote]Never heard of him before...

Sufjan soothes the soul.[/quote]

Oh, I got that allright... =)

Only problem is that his name might be a little TOO soothing when translated into Dutch... it would say "Dull Joe"! LOL XP
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

sigur ros's name translated from like swedish or something to english, and it turns out sigur ros means foo fighters in swedish or something

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

sigur ros's name translated from like swedish or something to english, and it turns out sigur ros means foo fighters in swedish or something

Really?! So The Foo Fighters in English are called 'Sigur Ros' in Swedish then?! Weird... (o.O)

Anyway... delossantosj! When's the next batch coming?! =D
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

the next three or four songs will be up tomorrow. and im not entirely sure if it was swedish or not, it was some language i cant remember

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

NEW SONG OF THE WEEK

i got a very diverse group for this group of artists. ill be hitting you guys with 4 today.

SONG OF THE WEEK

SOW: Deperate Youth- by SANTIGOLD

i dont remember how i stumbled upon this fantastic song, but im so glad i did. this song is brand new, and sort of has the same genre as artists like M.I.A. and TLC. santigold is a bit more indie however and is a lot better than M.I.A. in my opinion. this song has a great beat behind it, a great catch, haunting vocals, and fantastic lyrics.

Runner ups

for you metal fans.
Punisher- by VEIL OF MAYA

I found this gem in a drum cover. Famous song coverer luke holland did a drum cover of this and i was like dayyum who is this song by?! so downloaded the song and boom. fell in love. this song has awesome breakdowns, cool as hell samples, excellent djent style guitar, and a great sense of humor.

Road to Hell- by SLEIGH BELLS

This song is a classic for me. super heavy distortion guitar, pretty clean vocals, and some bad *** drum samples.

FEATURED SONG

the featured song is kind of old but not really. old enough.

i finally had the time and gave myself a chance to listen to tyler the creators album "Goblin". and i have to say, for the most part, i wasnt disappointed.

That album was pretty **** good. and this song is my favorite off of it.

Nightmare-TYLER THE CREATOR

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

there have been very few times that a band has taken both the song of the week and the runner up. and only one other time when an artist has done it off of the same album on my song of the week thread. but from what im hearing of the current album im listening too, its going to happen again.

i will have songs posted by the end of the day.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

Sorry. guess it was the end of the day XD got cought up in assassins creed and march madness. you guys know how it is.

NEW SONG OF THE WEEK

As i said above. we have a sweep on the song of the week and runner ups. this album is fantastic.

SONG OF THE WEEK

This Ain't No Place for Animals-by HANDS LIKE HOUSES

This band is like sex to my ears. they have a mix of go radio and emarosa, but while still keeping the signature metalcore breakdowns. this entire album is freaking amazing. while the guitar is subtle on the lead, it is there and it kicks ***.

RUNNER UPS

Antarctica-HANDS LIKE HOUSES

This song is the opener off of the album and is what cought my attention from the start. it has some cool marimba parts, driving drum parts and vocals, and that still subtle awesome lead guitar.

Lion Skin-HANDS LIKE HOUSES

This is the acoustic version of this song which i really really like as much as i like the regular version. the original version has a jonny craig and tyler carter feature in it, in case that sparks your interest a bit further.

FEATURED SONG

we have another repeat.

Tyler the creater once again picks up the featured song with my second favorite song off the album "Goblin".

She-TYLER THE CREATOR

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

I like that Can't Stop Won't Stop song alot... just wanna let you know.

JoSam
JoSam
13 posts
Peasant

Never heard of the song so how would it be if I haven't heard of it.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

Never heard of the song so how would it be if I haven't heard of it.

pardon? can you restate your question?
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

Figure i might as well post a new song of the week considering im back on the forums.

Song of the Week

Kishi Bashi-Bright Whites
http://www.projectslc.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/151a.jpg

This is a magnificent song on a magnificent album,.151a, which i highly
recommend. Kaoru ishibashi or kishi bashi is a singer songwriter who plays violen and is half japanese or something. he did a bunch of touring with the band Of, Montreal and this was his first full length which came out in later 2012.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

Forgot that i wanted to do a runner up as well

Runner Up.

Vidhjarta-Traces

This song is for all you metal lovers. Though this is a progressive metalcore (Djent) song, and i know a lot of you metalheads aren't to fond of metalcore, this band has the factor of being northern European which definitely influences their sound.

So for those metalheads who hate metalcore, you might actually like this one.

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

Hmm not as bad as I thought it was going to be, quite obviously metalcore; bit too electronic for me though 7/10.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

bit too electronic for me though

Where did you hear electronics?
IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

In Traces there's a lot of electronic sounds used in the song, I usually don't mind a bit but it was sounding quite like nu metal

Showing 166-180 of 192