Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Suicide

Posted Jul 6, '11 at 3:26am

thebluerabbit

thebluerabbit

2,915 posts

i dont really agree with suicide. and i agree with bravehawk sentence. probably those who jump of a mountain understand they shouldnt have done it while their falling. i believe that doesnt matter how difficult life is, a person should still have hope for a better future. the most imposibble things might happen that will affect a life for the best you can never know.

still, even though my life is kind... "not fun" ive never been in the state of even thinking of suiciding. when a person gets to that state... its sad. im guessing a person like that has so many problems and no people he can talk to. probably also hated by so many people and just cant bare it. i can understand a person like that that wants to suicide.

Posted Jul 6, '11 at 4:04am

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,677 posts

Knight

Suicide is a long lasting solution to a temporary problem.

Not all the time. The physical and psychological issues the person is trying to escape can be things that would stay with them the rest of their natural life.

Posted Jul 6, '11 at 4:42am

Sonatavarius

Sonatavarius

1,344 posts

what about a terminal cancer patient who has accepted his/her fate?  instead of wasting away to a helpless mass of dying flesh they decide to kill themselves one way or another...?  i.e. removing themselves from dialysis and/or an-hero'ing some other way.  To be a coward you must be afraid of what you are avoiding amirite?  What if they've accepted it, and they're not afraid?  They just would rather not wait until they're a degenerated lump of unconscious flesh to die and be rid of the pain.  You can have the desire to rid yourself of something and not be a coward for it. 

I'm not saying that I agree with suicide.  I'm just saying that to auto label them a coward b/c of their decision is stupid.

Posted Jul 6, '11 at 5:14am

Jefferysinspiration

Jefferysinspiration

3,138 posts

Yet, to be serious about it, I think some teenagers are extremely stupid. They flood themselves with some pointless social life they regard so dear to them and then if it gets sour they see it as an excuse to kill themselves.

No one said this was just about teenagers. What about adults who have more problems than bullies?

Posted Jul 6, '11 at 12:34pm

Armed_Blade

Armed_Blade

1,563 posts

What about adults who have more problems than bullies?

I understand nobody said this was about teenagers, it is just that all the media/news I get is usually focused on that.
Adults don't make much of a difference to me, I mean really, how bad could their lives be?
They've either made bad choices and are in some serious gang-related stuff and are already being chased by the law, so I suppose that's reasonable seeing as you have no where else to go besides evil life or jail.
They're possibly poor, except, I'm sure there's someone poorer than them getting through life.
.. I'm running out of ideas already.

Honestly I can't see any problem an adult would have that would seriously lead them to think that the rest of their life has no upcoming value.

Posted Jul 6, '11 at 12:38pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,677 posts

Knight

Honestly I can't see any problem an adult would have that would seriously lead them to think that the rest of their life has no upcoming value.

I take it you've never had to deal with depression.

Posted Jul 6, '11 at 12:38pm

Avorne

Avorne

3,224 posts

Terminal illness, incurable mental health issues, a life that seems to be stuck in a horrible dead end cycle that you can't seem to break no matter how hard you try, the sense/feeling that you'll be alone forever and unloved, the feeling that you're just a burden on those around you and that the world would really be better off without you in it.

Posted Jul 6, '11 at 12:42pm

Jefferysinspiration

Jefferysinspiration

3,138 posts

Adults don't make much of a difference to me, I mean really, how bad could their lives be?
They've either made bad choices and are in some serious gang-related stuff and are already being chased by the law, so I suppose that's reasonable seeing as you have no where else to go besides evil life or jail.

What if they've been severely sexually abused? They're partner and baby has died?

Posted Jul 6, '11 at 1:01pm

iMogwai

iMogwai

1,754 posts

Grown-ups have far more things to worry about than kids, including everything a kid can worry about.

Posted Jul 6, '11 at 1:23pm

Nightfang21

Nightfang21

104 posts

Suicide is not acceptable no matter what. It doesnt matter what your going through because if you comit suicide thats a one way ticket to hell. Suicide isnt the answer. I mean like if your being abused, get help. There will always be someone to comfort you no matter your situation. I dont now thats what i think.

Reply to Suicide

You must be logged in to post a reply!