ForumsThe TavernThe 'Rant' Thread

297 59665
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Basically just a thread to rant about anything and everything. I won't bore you with rules or anything, just remember to stick to the community guidelines and don't let this get out of hand

• 297 Replies
Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,914 posts
Nomad

but not all rap is like that. So why must you label it as such?

It happens with every genre. I'm always told I'll become either a Satanist by my neighbors, or a serial killer by my peers because I listen to various subgenres of metal. People that don't understand the genre condemn it. But that's not the biggest part about stereotyping genres that gets me. What really gets me is that some people say all metal is just screaming after I show them Pantera, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Gamma Ray, and Alestorm.

I personally don't like the newer rap, but I do enjoy the older rap (like stuff from The Beastie Boys). Hardly any of the older rap is about those three things you mentioned. Show them Intergalactic by Beastie Boys and see if they still think that.
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

I hate mornings!
Years ago, most people didn't get up until about 7 or 8 A.M. and now there are people getting up at 6, 5, and even earlier...
It's a little ridiculous if you ask me, and certainly it can't be good for your health either.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

It's a little ridiculous if you ask me, and certainly it can't be good for your health either

Depends on what time you go to sleep.
Which in this society is in the AM >.>

I hate mornings too
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

I'm not sure why, but most people I know are intolerant to rap music. Why? What's so bad about it? I know there is rap out there that talks about money, drugs, sex, etc. most of the time, and I know why that kind of rap is bad, but not all rap is like that. So why must you label it as such? Why can't you see the good rap through all that garbage? It's like saying this entire forum sucks just because there are a handful of bad threads throughout it; it's stupid to say something like that. Also, when I tried talking with them about it, they just said all rap is like that even though I showed them rap that isn't like that. They still persisted. Ignorance.

I'm fine with old rap about life on the streets, but now it's all about booty bangin shawty up in da club. There's no substance.

I hate mornings!
Years ago, most people didn't get up until about 7 or 8 A.M. and now there are people getting up at 6, 5, and even earlier...
It's a little ridiculous if you ask me, and certainly it can't be good for your health either.

I slept in this summer til about 9am every day. Now that school's started, I've gotta get up at 6am. It's kind of annoying, but I just go to bed at 9pm instead of 12am.
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

, but now it's all about booty bangin shawty up in da club.

Waaaa?

I hate mondays and sundays! Call me Garfield, but mondays are awful.

Why do I hate Mondays and Sundays? Check it out!

Friday = YAY! = Sleeping in the AM Universe and waking up in the PM Universe next day

Saturday = YAY! = Same thing from Friday but with more resting and walks around town.

Sunday = eh! = Waking up near the PM Universe, doing homework, housework and then having to sleep early and not enjoying the full weekend.

Monday = AAAAGGGHHHH = Sleeping on the PM universe and waking up on the AM, classes/work, homework, house work and being WAY far from fridays!
Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,914 posts
Nomad

Wait... Even if you listen to Christian metal like Demon Hunter? O.o Becoming a satanist listening to Christian music... Interesting

I find Christian Metal to bore me to tears, it's all the same, to me, "Believe in God." I listen mostly techinical death metal and blackened death metal.

Years ago, most people didn't get up until about 7 or 8 A.M. and now there are people getting up at 6, 5, and even earlier..

At my elementary school, I got up at 7...then middle school came along and I had to get up at 5. A two hour jump just to get out of school an hour later? Definitely not cool.
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

I don't get why supermarkets change milk companies? I get used to one and then they switch it on me, plus, there's no other store that sells the milk from the old company.

Shoes's are functional, but some people are absessed with em, buying every jordan and stuff like that, then they tell me they hurt their feet and that you have to "break them in", I buy nice and comphy shoes from the start, the only thing I have to "break in" is make it so the shoelaces nvr have to be tied and I can slip em off and on withought touching the shoelaces.

She polish smells quite bad.

I hate mornings!

I love getting up early, it's nice seeing the sun rise while walking to school, the only problem is the stupid theives that stay up the whole night and don't relize that's its a new day...

It's funny cause if I get 8 hours of sleep, im reluctant to get outa bed, if I get up after 8 hours, im groggy and feel horrible, if I get up at 7 hours of rest i feel GGGRRRRRRREAT!

Anyone ever played elephant rant? fun game. What was I talking about in the begginning of the post?
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

Keep the rant thread on the first page! Keep ranting!

Keyara
Keyara
370 posts
Nomad

I would like to rant about this one person in my class. I just need to get this off of my chest. She has got to be one of the dumbest people ever. So, we are in class learning about the Civil War. The teacher asked us to make a map of the (Current) U.S. We were going to go back later and make one of those comparison maps. While we are filling out the state names she stops and asks me where Maryland is. We live in Maryland and she didn't know where it was! Really! Then she wanted to know how some ships got lost and never landed in the U.S. She asked the teacher why they didn't just use their GPS! Then she argued with the teacher for twenty minutes about New Mexico. She insisted that it was not a state. Then, she asked me if the U.N. still existed. I told her no it was the Un now. She just looked at me for a second and went back to her work. Five minutes later she looked at me and said "Wait, are you making fun of me?" *exhale*
I feel much better now.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

@Keyara
lol I know people like that. They make you want to rip your hair out.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

I hate mondays and sundays!

Going off what you were saying, I hate it when I get confused with the "schedule of the week"...Most people think of Sunday as being the end of the week (which makes sense as it's the end of the week-end), but technically Sunday is the beginning of the week.
Also, I'm going to rant about the backspace key making you go one page back on the internet. I was starting to type and two times when I pressed back, I lost what I had already written down...and also, when I'm typing, at random times my cursor will move to a different spot and I'll start typing in the wrong spot...
Well before I get ahead of myself lol...
Oh, also if anyone had any advice for the cursor thing, please leave a message on my profile if I don't see it here, thanks
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

I hate it when I get confused with the "schedule of the week"...

From a biblical standpoint, Sunday is the end (that's why the term weekend includes Sunday). By the Gregorian calendar, Saturday is the end and Sunday is the beginning. It needs to be restandardized. Perhaps we could shift the calendar to MTWTFSS instead of SMTWTFS?
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

omg i hate it when my mom does all that useless yelling crap i havent even used my computer for a nimute and its like GET YOUR A** OF THAT **** COMPUTER RIGHT NOW and im like "u just said i could use it" and in my head im like AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA and so on GAH so stupid stupid tjdfafsdajadfj;adjavsjkl;asgnlagbjl;agsb;nklagbkl
anyway.

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

See why I'm frustrated?

There's this really cool thing called patience, it's useful while your computer is starting an application.
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Oh my god I think I might love this thread, and I don't think I've posted here yet.

RANT TIME.
Warning: You probably won't understand, but if you feel like reading, go for it. But you have been warned.

I really really really dislike people that enjoy drama. In the Color Guard, all they do when they aren't practicing, is talk about people. Not in the nice way, either. I have a bunch of friends in the color guard, but some of the people I just can't stand. They will talk about someone so.... BAD behind their back, then act like best friends. It's so beyond two faced it isn't even funny. So I'm sitting there wondering if someone really enjoys my company or not, and I can never trust them because they have such a horrible name.
So, I asked this one girl in color guard what she thought of me, and she spouts a 5 minute long list of compliments and she loves me and all this other stuff, then I walk away and I hear her spout off another minute list of reasons she hates me.
So I'm sitting there, like WTF. I confront her again, and tell her that I heard what she said about me, and she keeps asking me who told me that she didn't like me, cause it isn't true. Then I told her I heard it myself, and she says she didn't mean it or anything, she was just messing around. I give her the ultimatum, If she wants to be my honest to goodness friend, she should just treat me like one, and if she truly dislikes me, she should just ignore me and I will ignore her. Then I walk away AGAIN. The next day, it's the SAME THING. Then I hear people talking about saying about how I was being rude to her, telling her that I wanted her to stop talking to me. I went back to the girl AGAIN and I lost my temper. I straight up told the ***** that if she wants to go around spreading rumors about what I say, then she needs to come up and tell me to my face what she thinks, it ain't gonna hurt my feelings if she doesn't like me, I couldn't care less. So SHE goes into asshat mode, and tells me a bunch of stuff about how I need to stop asking whether or not she's my friend. So I explained to her that friendship isn't something you just fake, my friends are REAL friends, and I'm not going to consider you a friend unless I know for sure.
Next thing I know, I have about 20 people behind me, basically cheering me on, and the other girl has maybe 2 people from guard trying to tell me off.
I couldn't help it, I got in my ghetto mode. I made her throw the first punch, then instead of me actually fighting, I made a ***** move and stopped the principal coming to break it up, and made him look at the cameras to see that she tried to punch me, and I did nothing back.
She got suspended for 3 weeks. I got a few retracts 'erased' from my record for proving that I'm committed to not fighting now.

This is just ONE drama llama I eliminated. There are more that I'm not going to do anything about for a while longer so I can focus on school a bit more, but that girl was talking to me everyday and trying to cheat off my tests and everything, I got fed up. Soooo yeah.
You might frown upon what I did, but I don't really care, she doesn't talk to me anymore or try to cheat off of me, and I avoided a fake friend. I'm pretty happy with myself that I didn't fight her, cause if I get one more suspension I'm expelled, which would suck.

So. Yeah. This is just one rant. Wait until tomorrow. I will probably rant some more.

Showing 166-180 of 297