ForumsForum GamesThe New Beginning (RPG)

252 31591
ItalianSuperBoy
ItalianSuperBoy
295 posts
Peasant

Hey! This is my first RPG, so please, bear with me.

Backstory: There used to be an Earth. A nice one, at that. Humans lived peacefully on it. Then came war, and weapons, and new nuclear weapons, the Earth blew up, blah blah blah.
The point is, humans destroyed their own planet with pollution and war (have I mentioned that already?). You are disappointed, but you decide to try again. At what, you ask? At making a new Earth. YOU are the..."god," as those humans named you, and you want to turn over a fresh leaf. You are starting Earth's New Beginning.

All players will work together on this, managing the new human race and the new planet you have created. It's not an individual story for each player, as with most RPGs, but you and your fellow immortals have to make an Earth together. Unfortunately, your "fresh start" has made you start fresh. That means you are a fledgling god, instead of the figure of divine power you were.

Name: (Try to be mystical and mysterious, but you don't have to.)
Element: Choose an element or force of nature that you specialize in. You have power in all aspects, but this element you particularly have more power in.
Personality: Do you ignore insults, or immediately reprimand the speaker? Are you caring and generous or despising and miserly? This is basically where you put how you usually act.
You have 25 points to distribute among the following skills:
Intelligence: Your general knowledge.
Charisma: How powerful your presence is and how easily you can persuade someone to do something.
Constitution: Your health; how much damage you can take before disintegrating.
Strength: Your physical prowess (even gods have limits.)
Creation: Your ability in other elements; the difference from being able to create a puddle instead of an ocean.

Any questions, just ask.

• 252 Replies
Foxire
Foxire
115 posts
Nomad

Name: Fire Sperent
Element: Fire
Apperance: Fire red aura with a Giant Hand Claw body.
Personality: Unknown (don't know what might happen next)
Intelligence: 10
Charisma: 2
Constitution: 3
Strength: 5
Creation: 5

I see the Red planet off in a distance, i head towards it landing in a ditch, with my power of fire i molt the ground around me and shape it in the form of a shrine or tower. I sit at the tower for rest.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Name: Arus
Element: Gravity
Appearance: ???
Personality: Arus is very strict, but will usually not go to the extent of death punishment. He is very just, but does not take no for an answer.
Intelligence: 6
Charisma: 7
Strength: 2
Creation: 7

I use the asteroid belt and add mass to the red planet and the blue-green planet. However, I do not use all of the asteroids.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Personality: Arus is very strict, but will usually not go to the extent of death punishment. He is very just, but does not take no for an answer.

I use half of the asteroids from the asteroid belt to add mass to the blue-green planet and the red planet. Also, is there any sun?

aamer13
aamer13
2,569 posts
Nomad

Name: Mystic Water
Element: water
Appearance: to mortals a guy on a tropcial beach vaacation. to gods a giant blue feind that is made of water.
Personality: nice if you dont pollute water. Every 1000 yrs he does a Earth cleanse , but then takes a century long nap.
Intelligence: 0
Charisma: 0
Constitution: 0
Strength: 0
Creation: 25

i see if there is any earth god to create holes that i could fill with water?

Foxire
Foxire
115 posts
Nomad

@Mystic Water I can melt a hole in the ground if you need a hole.

Legion1350
Legion1350
5,366 posts
Nomad

Guys, you can control other elements, too. You're just stronger with your personal element.

Garriss
Garriss
1,023 posts
Nomad

Name: Ignis
Appearance: A flaming raven.
Personality: Ignores everything else and concentrates in his work. Ignis would be seen soaring over the skies or making or burning life.
Intelligence: 5
Constitution: 5
Creation: 10

I search around. Then, I try to catch a comet or asteroid and surround it with fire.

aamer13
aamer13
2,569 posts
Nomad

Appearance: to mortals a guy on a tropcial beach vaacation. to gods a giant blue feind that is made of water.
Personality: nice if you dont pollute water. Every 1000 yrs he does a Earth cleanse , but then takes a century long nap.

Fire serpent, can you make a trail , so i can fill it with water?

ItalianSuperBoy
ItalianSuperBoy
295 posts
Peasant

Name: Eclipsus
Element: Time
Personality:Calm and neutral
Intelligence:10
Charisma:2
Constitution: 6
Creation:10

You wake up, stunned by a force you cannot remember. At least not right now. You feel healthy, but weak and insignificant. Somehow, you know you had more power. LOTS more power. You search your mind why you are not powerful now, but the only thought that comes back is...A New Beginning. For you, Earth, and your fellow gods. You look around you and see seven other beings, shaking their heads in confusion.
What do you do?

Name: Irebis
Element: Darkness
Appearance: 10' tall human, sallow flesh, glowing red eyes, long black hair, hands end in talons, serrated teeth, smooth, long, black horns on head curving back.)
Personality: Very benevolent towards his followers, but will go all-out against his enemies. Will do anything to get his way.
Charisma: 5

Storm will have to agree to it, but you successfully manage to convince her a bit. Your rest leaves you energized and bright.
What do you do now?

You wake up, stunned by a force you cannot remember. At least not right now. You feel a bit ill and insignificant. Somehow, you know you had more power. LOTS more power. You search your mind why you are not powerful now, but the only thought that comes back is...A New Beginning. For you, Earth, and your fellow gods. You look around you and see eight other beings, shaking their heads in confusion.
What do you do?
(You can only post one time, then you have to wait for me to update you. Read the RPG stickies to help.)

You use your mastery of gravity to add mass to the red and blue-green planets. They are both now 1/6 bigger and 1/8 bigger, respectively.
Sorry, I forgot! To your right, past the rocky planet that Irebis has control of, there is a gigantic star blazing.
What do you do now?
(Does Arus have an appearance?)

No, no earth god (yet), but with your high Creation level, you could easily make them yourself.
What do you do now?

Name: Azazel
Element: Vector
Personality: Azazel is generally calm and collected, yet takes things such as challenges very seriously and almost never backs down from one, he is also very sarcastic and quick-witted
Intelligence: 7
Constitution: 4
Strength: 4

You wake up, stunned by a force you cannot remember. At least not right now. You feel alright. Somehow, you know you had more power. LOTS more power. You search your mind why you are not powerful now, but the only thought that comes back is...A New Beginning. For you and Earth. You look around you and see nine other beings, shaking their heads in confusion.
What do you do?
(What does Vector mean?)

Name: Ignis
Appearance: A flaming raven.
Personality: Ignores everything else and concentrates in his work. Ignis would be seen soaring over the skies or making or burning life.
Creation: 10

You grab a comet streaking towards you. It burns, but you as one of the masters of fire, it hardly hurts. You engulf it in flames. Suddenly, a thought comes, saying something about....Halley's Comet.
What do you do now?

@ALL
How is this going so far? Also, Legion1350 is right. Read the beginning story again to help.

aamer13
aamer13
2,569 posts
Nomad

i make the biggest earth ever, and create small and giant canyons. with the small canyons i fill it with water to make some lakes.

ItalianSuperBoy
ItalianSuperBoy
295 posts
Peasant

You do all that without a hitch. Just two problems: Where are you going to put it, and exactly how big is it?
What do you do now?

aamer13
aamer13
2,569 posts
Nomad

i put it the planet someowhere, and is the size of earth. i also name the planet Waterra the place of Earth and water.

Legion1350
Legion1350
5,366 posts
Nomad

Appearance: 10' tall human, sallow flesh, glowing red eyes, long black hair, hands end in talons, serrated teeth, smooth, long, black horns on head curving back.)
Personality: Very benevolent towards his followers, but will go all-out against his enemies. Will do anything to get his way.

I cause a large volcano to rise from the earth with a cave leading into it.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Appearance: A man in a dark hooded cloak. If someone sees his face, they shall be given immense good luck, but live a short life.

Oh i forgot to fill that out.

I combine some asteroids and make some moons for the red planet and the blue-green planet.

ItalianSuperBoy
ItalianSuperBoy
295 posts
Peasant

"Somewhere" isn't sufficient. Do you put it where the last Earth was? Also, the planet's name is "Waterra, the Place of Earth and Water"?
What do you do now?

You struggle, and struggle some more. Eventually a volcano rises, but it is smaller than you were expecting. There is a large cavern leading into it. This major feat leaves you exhausted. You need to rest for at least three days to gain your full strength back.

What do you do now?

IMPORTANT: BEFORE I GO ANY FURTHER WITH THE STORY, YOU GODS NEED TO CLARIFY SOMETHING. GODS ARE BEGINNING TO TAKE PLANETS AND MAKE THEM THEIR OWN. YOU HAVE TO DECIDE:
DO YOU WANT TO MAKE ONE EARTH AND HAVE ALL OF YOU RULE IT?
or
DO YOU WANT TO MAKE SEPARATE EARTHS AND HAVE ONE OF YOU EACH GOVERN A DIFFERENT PLANET?
VOTING ENDS MONDAY, 12/12/11, AT APPROXIMATELY 3:45 (ARMOR GAMES TIME.)
THIS CHOICE WILL IMPACT THE REST OF THE GAME.
VOTE WISELY.

Showing 31-45 of 252