ForumsVideo Games

Things you hate in a game

Posted Dec 27, '12 at 2:34am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,692 posts

Knight

Load Times

If they are consistently long, yeah. Assassin's Creed 3 was bugging me when I first put it in because it took nearly 10 minutes to get to the main menu, but from then on out it was smooth.

Errors, server ones are the worst. I couldn't play Far Cry 3 two days ago for a few hours because it kept saying I couldn't connect to their servers.

Posted Dec 27, '12 at 5:45pm

MattBPlaysMinecraft

MattBPlaysMinecraft

10 posts

When a game recycles TOO MUCH of previous games in the series without any innovations or a lack of a lot of positive improvements. Namely CoD: Black Ops, New Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Yearly sports games, etc.

Posted Dec 27, '12 at 6:18pm

The_username

The_username

89 posts

Their is one thing that I hate in 007: Russia with Love( really good game though). You cannot skip every cut scene in the game except the 1st cut scene you see whe you start playing.

Posted Dec 27, '12 at 7:28pm

MattBPlaysMinecraft

MattBPlaysMinecraft

10 posts

Also, in New Super Mario Bros. 2, after World 6 the game never prompts you to save. You have to remember, which can be easy not to do. I've had to do the Mushroom and Flower Worlds twice because of this.

Posted Dec 28, '12 at 12:51am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,582 posts

Yearly sports games, etc.

Well obviously these won't renovate much of the gameplay..because the gameplay is the sport. Now, if you notice, a lot of them amp up the graphics, flow of game, mechanics, etc.

Another major thing they do...update rosters and players

Posted Dec 28, '12 at 2:15am

iSavior

iSavior

5 posts

Bugs and Glitches...

Posted Dec 28, '12 at 8:14pm

Vagueshade

Vagueshade

84 posts

You cannot skip every cut scene in the game except the 1st cut scene you see whe you start playing.

I never understood this.

Why would people just skip the cutscenes?

If they're only interested in gameplay, they should've bought a different game...

Posted Dec 28, '12 at 9:12pm

spikeabc

spikeabc

1,004 posts

Endless enemy spawning, like in the older COD games where enemies kept spawning until you passed a certain checkpoint.

yeah that is pretty terrible

bad voice acting

yup.

Limited ammo. Ya, I may be weird, but I like unlimited ammo.

noob. i hate it when someone dont like the game for a reason thats realistic.

i hate games that are just completley unrealistic, biggest pet peeve of gaming

yeah thats pretty bad...i would love to play a nice game of realistic cooking mama over unrealistic world of warcraft.

thats just a fail man.

Posted Dec 29, '12 at 1:16am

Drink

Drink

1,571 posts

unskippable cutscenes.. sometimes i die a couple times in a boss fight and have to sit through a annoying cut scene before i can re-try

Posted Dec 29, '12 at 1:45am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,582 posts

Why would people just skip the cutscenes?

die a couple times in a boss fight and have to sit through a annoying cut scene before i can re-try

Or when you can't skip when an NPC is talking..like not skip it..but jump to the next lines they have to say. I read much faster than they talk..and I don't really need their voice inflictions to get the gist

Reply to Things you hate in a game

You must be logged in to post a reply!