ForumsWEPR[necro] Is homosexuality right or wrong?

1146 386816
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

I think homosexuality is totally wrong and unnatural, what do you think?

• 1,146 Replies
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Second, if being born gay means that homosexuality is morally acceptable because it is natural to them, then it must also be morally acceptable for those who are born with a tendency to oppose homosexuality. It would mean that "heteros" should not be urged to change their "orientation," nor should they be ridiculed for opposing homosexuality -- since they are born that way. To be consistent, the homosexual community should support homophobia as a natural sexual orientation that they are born with. After all, it would seem more likely that heterosexuality is genetically based since heterosexual behavior produces offspring where homosexual behavior does not. So, heterosexual orientation must be genetically natural, should be supported as a normal behavior, should not be ridiculed, should have civil rights protection, and be promoted in schools and the media. And, homosexuals who accuse heteros of being homophobic should be labeled as heterphobes. Otherwise, the obvious double-standard offered by the homosexual community will once again rear its ugly head.

exchange homosexuality with black and exchange homophobia with racism. this has the same level of inteligence and logic. really people, find some real arguments.

>_> really?

i have no idea what this means, what side you are on or what your opinion is
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Now...I'm going to go ahead and pretend you would use my exaggerated idea to say how to make the gay baby...not gay, basically. You put the gay baby in the room..then the entire time, feed him with dogma saying how wrong homosexuality is and all that. He is a baby, then a toddler, then a normal kid, then a teen...all that fun growing up stuff...and during most of that time has yet enter that teenage stage where you get those thoughts of "hey...that person is attractive...I wanna...do...things...". So, before he comes to terms with those feelings...he is being fed with how being gay is wrong and this should make him believe so, causing him not to be gay...right? Well...the best you will do is he will start to get those...feelings..towards his own gender and push them away because of all the dogma brainwashed into him...but that isn't him not being gay. It is just him denying it because he is brainwashed...but nonetheless he is still gay...just hasn't come to terms and accepted it yet

sorry for double but honestly, that isnt exagrated at all. countless homosexuals actually deal with that reality, hate themselves, find themselves empty and sad and then if they are lucky they accept themselves BEFORE they use a poor innocent woman as a "streight medicine", have children with a woman they dont love and notice how their whole life was a waste (in a sexual and romantic way)
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Well I happened to find a truly wonderful article...

...wait, hold your horses right there.

...then it must also be morally acceptable for those who are born with a tendency to oppose homosexuality. It would mean that "heteros" should not be urged to change their "orientation," nor should they be ridiculed for opposing homosexuality -- since they are born that way...

This premise is a horrendous failure of predicate logic. To be homosexual does not mean to oppose heterosexuals (and you'll find most of those who profess to be homosexual will specifically state this), therefore there's no antecendent to jump from "it's natural to be homosexual", to "it's natural to be a heterosexual who opposes homosexuality".

Furthermore it's been said countless times, but I'll say it again, there's no part of the gay rights movement that wishes to change the orientation of heterosexual people. That'd be hypocrisy if homosexual people asserted that they shouldn't be forced to change their orientation but heterosexual people would.

I thought that was all pretty obvious, but I guess some people don't get it.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

a person can be asexual and still have romantic feeling

saw something on the tv the other day (thats why i asked)
their it seemed that (most) asexuals were not attracted to other people. also not romantically. just not at all.

but still, now it came to topic.
isn't it wierd that not having sex is holy. but at the same time we have to **** as much possible because allot of kids is some kind of holy aswell. =S
indianajones1
indianajones1
74 posts
Nomad

For centuries,men were with women and they would kill gays.But now in the beginning of the 21st century,they are milions and milions of gays.That's the bad thing with 21st century,the good thing with 21st century is that we have technology.

vilano
vilano
20 posts
Nomad

In my opinion being gay is totally wrong and unnatural as well. Just because you are born gay doesn't mean it's natural...a baby born with 5 legs and no arms isn't natural either...it's like a mutation of the brain, just not physical. I am an atheist and my belief has nothing to do with religion or morals/ethics. I find homosexuality simply disgusting. Of course, homosexuals are just like normal people in every way except sexuality...

However will I ever feel comfortable talking to someone who is gay? No. Will I ever support gays or gay marriage? No. Will I ever discriminate against gays? Yes, internally. On the outside if I ever come in contact with a homosexual I will be normal and polite, however I will not have a "friend" relationship with a homosexual.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

For centuries,men were with women and they would kill gays.But now in the beginning of the 21st century,they are milions and milions of gays.That's the bad thing with 21st century,the good thing with 21st century is that we have technology.

So, that means that you
- think it is bad that gays aren't killed
- really believe there are more gays in modern times
? First off, why kill gays? Second, there has always been the same amount of gay people around, even today, we just focalize more on the topic instead of just shunning them. Which is good, as it shows we can respect people even if they're different.

In my opinion being gay is totally wrong and unnatural as well. Just because you are born gay doesn't mean it's natural...a baby born with 5 legs and no arms isn't natural either...it's like a mutation of the brain, just not physical. I am an atheist and my belief has nothing to do with religion or morals/ethics. I find homosexuality simply disgusting. Of course, homosexuals are just like normal people in every way except sexuality...

Homosexuality is present in so many animals, and to be honest, we can't be sure yet whether it has really no purpose at all. It is certainly not just a simple mutation. And just because you think it's yucky, doesn't give you the right to discriminate them.
69_lol_69
69_lol_69
10 posts
Nomad

Is should be the one who IS gay's choice to decide. Or possibly his/her parents...

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

For centuries,men were with women and they would kill gays.But now in the beginning of the 21st century,they are milions and milions of gays.That's the bad thing with 21st century,

there is allot of historical evidence where homosexuality was seen normal.
dating back a few 1000 year BC.
where homosexuality was used for praying the god(s)
vilano
vilano
20 posts
Nomad

Homosexuality is present in so many animals

And this proves...what? Humans are animals.

we can't be sure yet whether it has really no purpose at all

I hope you aren't serious.

And just because you think it's yucky, doesn't give you the right to discriminate them.

Nobody has the "right" to discriminate against anyone for any reason however people do because of their beliefs. My belief is as I stated in my original post. And as I said, I would not openly act prejudiced towards gays.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

And this proves...what? Humans are animals.

it proves that it is natural
Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

I think that we should show the TRUTH IN LOVE and teach them to change and see their faults and not just condemn them.
though that needs to happen in order to show them it is wrong. shunning them is not the answer but neither is keeping it ok when at terms with them.

i heard its considered holy and people claim jesus was asexual. people do forget that asexual means no SEXUAL attraction.

WHAT are you talking about it means with out A sex like a plant and that is not what we are talking about we are talking about gays
tegan190
tegan190
783 posts
Nomad

However will I ever feel comfortable talking to someone who is gay? No. Will I ever support gays or gay marriage? No.

Why the hell does it matter to you if someone across the country marries to the same gender. Does it really bother you that much that two people are in love and want to marry. If you don't like gay marriage, don't do it. I see no reason why that affects you to the point where you have such a strong opinion about it.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Nobody has the "right" to discriminate against anyone for any reason however people do because of their beliefs. My belief is as I stated in my original post. And as I said, I would not openly act prejudiced towards gays.

You're contradicting yourself. You just said that nobody has the right to discriminate against anyone for any reason. Before, you said that internally you discriminate against them. How do you work that out?

I think that we should show the TRUTH IN LOVE and teach them to change and see their faults

It's pretty simple...they love someone who is the same gender as they are. Isn't that the truth? Why are you trying to change that? Why do you even want to change it? What business is it of yours? What faults are you even talking about?

though that needs to happen in order to show them it is wrong

How is homosexuality wrong? And no, "because the bible says it is" is a pathetic argument. Same goes for "because it's gross" and "because I think it is."

WHAT are you talking about it means with out A sex like a plant and that is not what we are talking about we are talking about gays

That is one usage of the word, yes...however, it also means not having a sexual attraction. I would assume that asexuality was brought up because it's also "unnatural" and "doesn't produce offspring" which are two of the four common arguments against homosexuality.
vilano
vilano
20 posts
Nomad

You're contradicting yourself. You just said that nobody has the right to discriminate against anyone for any reason. Before, you said that internally you discriminate against them. How do you work that out?

I am saying that I have discriminatory feelings towards gays, however I recognize that this is wrong. That is not a contradiction...

it proves that it is natural

I probably should have used the word normal instead of natural. Just because it occurs naturally in nature does that mean it's right or normal? I don't think so.
Showing 796-810 of 1146