ForumsThe TavernI cannot believe how I used to act...

26 6104
kingofwar1234
kingofwar1234
603 posts
Peasant

I just so happened to be scrolling through old comments on my Profile and I see Mods telling me to stop saying pointless stuff and 'mini modding'. I just thought, wow, I cannot believe how ignorant I was just two years ago.

My point being... How have you guys(and girls) changed over the past few years? When did you notice the change? Are you as suprised as I am?

Yes, yes many questions. But I would like some answers. Thanks, King.

• 26 Replies
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Oh, hell yeah. I was an ignorant little d-bag a long time ago. Before that I was just stupid. I think I have apologized to most people, but if I havent, this is it.
Its amazing how much we change, isnt it? Take pang for example, he used to believe he was a guy, but he is actually a she.
Or Sal, who used to talk too much about pickles and stalk us all, make him seem slightly homosexual.
Im sure that deep down, GoM used to have a soul and be happy.
And Patrick.... No, Patrick was always like that. He doesnt change. Ever.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Oh I changed. Many people don't notice it but I'm still changing. Last year I was rude, obnoxious, had bad grammar, using shortcuts for words, etc.

But now I'm known as creepy, helpful, fun, better grammar, and don't use shortcuts for words. So... yeah... most of us in here have probably changed/will change. So don't be afraid to shout it out here. We're all family(not really).

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

This is a brilliant question. I have noticed that my posting style changes often. Usually switching between a few styles (sometimes within one week). Unfortunately, I am almost always magniloquent, long-winded, or both. (There's are really subtle joke in that sentence.)

Even more strange is that my posts here barely reflect how I am in real life. I feel like on these forms, with my long-windedness, I come across as some guy who thinks he knows everything but then my posts reveal what little I know or the fact that I should use synonyms to reduce my sentence length.

He look I'm being long-winded right now o.0 .

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I was sweet too, you know.

At least I put it in the right section.

And how embarrassing was my music taste... lol.

kingofwar1234
kingofwar1234
603 posts
Peasant

Behold!

Look here ladies and gents. Obnoxiousness it it's purest form!!!

But yeah. It wasn't just on here, I think I was a ****** in real life too! Guess I was angry at life in that point in time. That or I was too dumb to realize it....
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

A thread that I made in June 2012 I didn't even know I was around by then. I literary face palmed when I saw how childish I was.

Although there is one thing about me back then that I'm kind of sad that changed, thread ideas. I made great threads back then, most of them memorable. Now I'm lucky enough to come up with 1.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Can you believe how naive I was?

Or Sal, who used to talk too much about pickles and stalk us all, make him seem slightly homosexual.

True! So true lol!
aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

Nah. I have always been awesome.

Except when I used to like Greenday. Man... what was I thinking? I mean, really. I think everyone should just get a free pass for middleschool, in regards to music taste.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Last year I was amazing and this year I'm even more amazing! xD
So yeah, I changed a little.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Last year I was amazing and this year I'm even more amazing! xD
So yeah, I changed a little.

Last year you seemed smart, I think.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Last year you seemed smart, I think.

I'm still smart, I don't always behave like it though.
Blame it on AG!
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

i think i was more ignorant and naive but not really in the annoying way.

i had no idea what trolls were and kept taking almost everybody seriously i kept looking for logic in arguments .

i do think i gained a little bit more confidence and that i grew as a person. i actually think that seeing some negative comments by close minded people helped me understand that you cant make everybody understand you doesnt matter how valid your arguments are and that you shouldnt take it too personally.

on the other side i also learned that its ok to be naive and that are many awsome people that i dont have to be on defense mode when im with them.

not to mention im pretty sure it made my english and describing skills better

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,822 posts
Chamberlain

Oh how I've changed.... I'm really rather embarrassed about most of the things that I did back in the olden days. I'm not referring to when I first made an account, I'm talking the first few months that I figured out how to use a forum!

Yeah, I remember those days and how seriously and literal I took things, one thread in particular I am extremely embarrassed of and for my sake I won't say what it is. If anyone wants to see me at some pretty typical behavior check the early 2012 past of the Skyim thread where I talk about the subject of mods.

Hey R2! You remember how many warnings and reports we got for our slogan/way of speaking; "manly men talk in caps" , LOL. That was pretty funny looking back on it.

I also remember having a distinct dislike for the old mod Nichodemus (he was never really a mod as it turns out) because while Cen was nice and polite Nicho was a bit more blunt. Thinking back on it it must have taken Cen a lot of self control to be the way he was, and Nicho, sorry for he strong dilsike, I did later realize how much of an idiot I was and that I probably deserved a couple of bans...

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

You remember how many warnings and reports we got for our slogan/way of speaking; "manly men talk in caps"

Heh that was fun. Although if we continued it we could have been banned.
Showing 1-15 of 26