ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Mods Allowed To Count

78399 46190487
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,399 Replies
kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Duchess

12. Oh, AP, this is gonna end bad...
*writes letter to PL*
My dearest King,

I know you're doing all you can, but things are getting worse! Please hurry up! I don't trust Onviqirax...

Best regards,

The Countess

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

13. Ambient: the land spreading from Bayou to Dying Forest has really only two seasons, autumn lasting three quarters of a year and winter. This is because the area is surrounded by Elven Groves to the south, preventing the cursed soil from the north to spread any farther. So, the surficial melancholic stagnation of the place is in fact the cloak for immemorial battle between nature and corruption.

Realm ruled by tyrants over the centuries met quite a different lot recently. The strings of the current puppet king, Biggus, are pulled by dark force whose designs escape inhabitants’ perception. The situation is abused by evil landlords, holding the real power over subjects and richening on their slavish work.

Autumnal woods are haunted by two types of shadow minions, Shadows and Seekers. The latter patrol areas seeking for flesh and souls. They’re black, hairless monsters crawling on all fours, with postures resembling gorillas but with deformed torsos and thin arms ending in long claws. They wear white masks with six little holes. It is said that so far no-one ever saw what’s under their masks, or how the monsters feed for that matter.

AP’s hideout lies in the middle of Autumn Forest. While approaching it, heroes heard shrieks coming from different directions. Their guide, Sadweak (younger brother of the lord of Toussaint, and a sad clown by trade, a humanoid cat commended him), whined:

“I knew we couldn’t be so lucky… The Seekers were following us from gods know when! They’re incredibly fast, we won’t outrun them. It’s either this cave, or fight. So… for your life into the caaaveee!”

PL unsheathed katanas observing how the crimson of rowanberry glade was turning into pitch-black mass, listening how red, orange and yellow leaves crunched under the heavy beasts, smelling... baking cookies? He almost jumped when a raven perched on a nearby branch croaked. The bird outstretched its leg with a message attached to it, after reading which PL’s heart was filled with hope anew.

“Kaliiii!!! XD We found you at last! I’ve got much to tell you, but let’s kick some butts first.” A score of Seekers charged at once, the nearest lept 20 feet forward. PL dashed to the side, and immediately followed up with a double slash to the creature’s back.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

14. (meanwhile...)

Onviqirax: guys, wait! Did you hear that?

Iohn: we are not alone here...

Brulzrorth: Seekers!

Iohn: guys... look there... *he points to a Seeker that is looking at them*

Onviqirax: Oh no... too late! waS knows that we are here now! *he casts Fireball and kills the Seeker right after it called reinforcements*

Brulzrorth: HURRY! LET'S GET OUT OF HERE! I CAN'T GO INTO MY DRAGON FORM RIGHT NOW! THEY'D FIND US TOO EASILY! WE HAVE TO RUN! LET'S GET OUT OF THEIR SIGHT! *they start running*

Iohn: THEY ARE STILL COMING RIGHT AFTER US! *they arrive at the same place where PL is*

(meanwhile)

Shadow Minion #84: wait... someone is coming here... INTRUDERS INCOMING!

Me (thinking) : oh no...

Shadow Minion #119: AP... we have to hurry! BRING THE WITCH! LET'S DO THIS THING! let waS defeat the intruders!

Me: ...

*Shadow Minion #38 opens the prisoners' room's door to get Kali to the ritual*

kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Duchess

15. Well, sorry Shadow Minions, but you can't force me into casting any spell!
*sits down and don't do anything*
Me (thinking): I really hope PL and his group arrive soon!

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

16. Hack after chop, a thick black substance pours out from the monsters.

“Yuck! This disgusting liquid looks like tar. Maybe it’s also combustible?

@sciller45 @abcdragon66 there’s way too many of them... *slash* and they're extremely fast... *slash* we can’t hold the line... *slash* and we won't manage to flee!”

Another monster jumped on bodies of two dead Seekers and whipped with its keen-edged talons, PL was barely able to parry them, two grazed his right arm and the power of that blow threw him on the ground. The Seeker leapt onto the lying warrior, who was able to roll away at the last moment. Starwing assaulted the monster from the sky, before it could strike again. The black beast waved furiously, cutting griffin’s legs, and that gave PL an opening for the finishing blow. He embedded one katana deep inside its body and jumped back, avoiding monster’s final fury.

PL, stunned by effort and Seekers’ shrieks, looked around. He saw Starwing and Dragon attacking monsters from the air. Then he witnessed Sciller fighting bravely two Seekers at the same time. How could he not trust this guy? Soon he’s likely to die for completely not his affair. The sweet moment of rest has passed, so PL gripped his remaining katana surely, getting ready for his own turn. He knew he’s dying for a good cause, trying to help Madame Kali. Half a dozen of Seekers leapt simultaneously, not disrupting each other’s trajectories. Maybe at least he’ll see what’s under those stupid “masks”?

Six Seekers imploded in mid-air before they could reach the warrior. PL covered as well he could from the expected remains… which didn’t hit him. Instead, a sudden gust of wind (visible by clearing a strip of ground from the leaves) swept the gore to the left, showering charging army of beasts…

(btw, I imagine the masks as plain oval chitinous shields, parts of Seekers’ bodies. They got six holes, two in a row)

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

17. *Brulzrorth freezes the Seekers that were running after them, and Onviqirax casts Energy Bomb on their frozen bodies, killing all of them*

Brulzrorth: *phew* they were getting close to us

Iohn: yes, indeed... *he sees PL, Dragon, Sciller and Starwing* wait... who are they?

Onviqirax: Let's take a look... they don't look evil

Brulzrorth: I don't trust these guys... but let's go there... *the trio walks towards the strangers*

Onviqirax: who are you guys? Whom do you serve? You're not waS' minions, are you?

(meanwhile)

Shadow Minion #38: AP, she's not going to help us. How should we torture her?

Shadow Minion #77: WHAT?! How is she not going to help?! Everything else is ready for the ritual! LET'S TORTURE HER!

Many Shadow Minions: TORTURE! TORTURE!

Me: *sigh* well, let me go there, I'll try to convince her to help, give me a minute. Hold on. *goes to where Kali is, and some Shadow Minions follow me there*

Shadow Minion #9: so... AP... do something! NOW!

Me: Kali... *looks at the clock in the room, 11:47 AM; they said they'd arrive at midday...* well...

Shadow Minion #9: DO SOMETHING! *gets closer*

Me: I'm afraid we have to do something right now

Shadow Minion #9: JUST DO SOMETHING!

*I quickly take Icy-Shadow Blade and slice Shadow Minion #9 in half with it*

Me: there. did something... WE WILL NOT HELP YOU! A GROUP OF PEOPLE I CALLED WILL ARRIVE HERE SOON AND THEY WILL DEFEAT ALL OF YOU!

Shadow Minion #81: BRING THE MAGIC ESSENCE EXTRACTOR! AND KILL AP!

Me: Not today. *casts Dark Blasts on the Shadow Minions, killing some of them*

kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Duchess

18. Me: AP, we have to leave this place. I'd cast a teleporting spell, but it's a spell that requieres time. And now we don't have time!

*Kali grabs AP's arm and start running. She casts a spell that pushes the Minions out of their way"

Come on, AP. Let's get out of here and find PL!

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

19. - Who are you guys?

PL looked to the right to locate the source of magic that just saved his life. He saw a dragon and a fire mage.

“Thank you, strangers, I thought we were done fo-“

- Whom do you serve? – asked the wizard. To the left a bulky warrior inflicted a blow with his weapon and Seekers got knocked back by some lightning blast, relieving Solus. - You're not waS' minions, are you?

“I don’t know about any waS’, we’re here on a rescue mission, and as you may see…” PL indicated the battlefield with his hands, “we’ve got common enemies.“

- So it seems. You brought quite many of the creatures here, and we need the energy to fight inside that cave.

“That’s where the raven flew from… It seems we also have a common destination.”

- The question is whether we have common goals. – the mage conjured a wall of fire on a long line, cutting off incoming monsters. Dry leaves and corpses emblazed immediately. That substance really is combustible, PL thought.

It could be seen how well the wizard wields the element. Fire, instead of spreading over the forest, stayed submissively in a line.

- It won’t last long. Quickly, into the hideout. We’ll uncloud our stories en route, rescuers.

PL nodded and whistled for Starwing, who was cycling hesitantly away from the second dragon.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

20. *runs away with Kali, hitting some Shadow Minions on our way*

Many Shadow Minions: BRING THE EXTRACTOR! BRING THE EXTRACTOR! LET'S STEAL HER MANA FOR THE RITUAL!

Me: AAAAAAAH!

Shadow Minion #1: DON'T LET THEM ESCAPE! WE JUST NEED HER MANA! >_<

*manages to escape the hideout, and bumps into PL and his group next to the entrance*

Me: *phew* we're not alone anymore!

*Shadow Minions are getting close to us from the inside of the hideout... while Seekers are coming to us from all the directions from outside*

Iohn: TIME TO FIGHT! *he buffs the defense of our entire group*

Onviqirax: Time... to burn... >:⁣) *he starts casting Fire skills against the Seekers, but can't handle all of them alone*

Brulzrorth: I'll get us some time! *he goes into his True Dragon form, and casts Wind skills to launch some enemies away from us, while still doing damage*

Me: Tenryu! Blob! I summon you! *They appear, and Tenryu casts Holy skills against the Seekers, while Blob casts Ice skills against the Minions*

Shadow Minion #1 (already with the extractor) : oh man... that Fire Wizard... so much mana... and he's in my sight... *points Magic Essence Extractor at Onviqirax, and fires*

Onviqirax: OH NO! *he casts Energy Bomb at the Extractor, destroying it*

Shadow Minion #1: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT WAS AT 95% ALREADY! We... erm... we need a way to gather the other 5% of mana... or someone to cast the spell! What should we do?!

kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Duchess

21. Me: Okay, nobody shall cast any kind of spell right now or waS will be released!
C'mon guys, let's get out of here: mana has a half-life extremely short and they'll run out of it in no time.
Btw, where is my adorable blob Alazare?

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

22. May I suggest that you go to Ye Olde Medieval Store and pick up some magic defense trinkets? Would really save you guys a lot of trouble.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

23. PL was becoming stronger with every received wound. He was a shadefighter, so the Corruption, instead of poisoning him, was enhancing his strength, reflexes and stamina.

“Oh, no magic? At least that doesn’t change anything for me.” said PL while defeating another shadow minion. In the corner of his eye he saw a shadow creeping on a wall. “Those are Shades, only well-timed physical attacks or holy force can destroy them. They absorb any elemental magic that hits them. By the size of it, this one must have eaten the whole fire wall.”

Shade stretched on the cave’s wall and suddenly shot some black tentacles towards the heroes. PL managed to cut off two of them, but the third permeated through his blade and pierced his thigh. “Blast it! Forgot to mention they can turn from shadow to physical form at a whim.” He cut off the tentacle, and the part that was still in his thigh vanished into thin air.

Kali, isn’t Alazare hungry? Those evil monsters must be kinda delicacy for our beloved blob.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

24. *everyone stops casting magic, and starts using their weaker physical attacks, except for Iohn, whose physical attacks are stronger than his magical ones*

Brulzrorth: THEY ARE TOO MANY! WE CAN'T HOLD THEM! D:

Onviqirax: Men... it was a pleasure to fight with you... I don't have any physical attacks =/

Iohn: DON'T GIVE UP JUST YET! WE CAN HOLD THEM! JUST DON'T USE MAGIC! *he shouts that while slashing many Seekers like an epic swordsman*

Blob: oof... what should I do now?...

Tenryu: There are too many of them! We can't defeat them without magic! >_<

Shadow Minion #1, who hasn't really entered the battle yet and talking to himself: hmm... yeah! this should work! This complicated set of devices should absorb any magic that is cast nearby! If any of them casts magic outside there, waS will be summoned! Nice! They won't be able to survive long enough without their magic... now, time for me to join the battle! *he takes a powerful-looking sword, and wears a pretty strong armor, and goes outside to fight us*

Me: I'll take care of Shadow Minion #1! *starts a long and hard sword fight with him*

Brulzrorth: they just... keep coming! *many Shades shot many tentacles at him at the same time, but the Dragon tries to resist!*

The fight gets tough!

kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Duchess

25. Kali whistles and Alazare comes flying towars her.
"Oh, my sweet baby boy! How much I missed you!! Now, go and eat all this evil minions, my hungry blob."
Alazare proceeds to eat and destroy all Shadow Minions.

sciller45
sciller45
2,855 posts
Justiciar

26. I wanted to continue on. But I have no idea how to. Alazare too op pls nerf? Do I just say toodles? Chop my shoulder blade off in a drastic turn of events? Eh;

And he said:
-Welp. Guess you've found your best gal now. Now if you don't mind, I'll take my map back and go drown myself in rum.
And he did.
And he was.
And he will.
Rum would always be there for him.
And he would always be there for rum.

--------------------------------------------The end-----------------------------------------
----------------------------------Well, for Solus, at least--------------------------------

Showing 73756-73770 of 78399