ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Mods Allowed To Count

78415 46649145
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,415 Replies
armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

13. Not really, I mean, I might have grown out of a few video games throughout the years, but I've also been getting into new ones as well, so the main difference is what games I play. Have you been playing the same games for too long? Because you could get a little bit bored of always playing the same ones.

Man... I've wanted to play Hollow Knight and Celeste for like, 1 or 2 months now, but college has been taking up so much time I could just barely play them recently. And I mean, I'm afraid not having any time at all to play games is going to get more and more common, like, I'm still in college and it's been really difficult to play those games, I assume it's gonna be even more difficult when like, I grow up, finish college and start to actually work ;-;

If anything, I reckon I'll end up quitting gaming not because I've grown out of it, but because I simply stopped having time for it. That'd be a kinda sad end to my (currently) 16 year-old long saga with gaming (or 80% of life so far)

But who knows? It might be possible to be a grown-up working adult and still have time to play games? I remember my father used to play some games (and might still do it, don't know if he stopped). Like, he even indirectly got me into strategy games when I was 5-6 years old (I saw him playing this game and liked it)

But I can say one thing: whenever you're playing that GOOD game you like, do it as if it's the last time in your life you'll be able to play that game. ENJOY THAT MOMENT! FEEL THAT MOMENT!

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

14. haha, you thought i was going to disappear again, but no! im still here!

i am small child and can still play games, yall are old lol

meaosome
meaosome
155 posts
Scribe

15. Infantile lurkers unite! Also, I've been enjoying some FTL. Any good games you guys know of?

portarto
portarto
87 posts
Herald

16. I'm new and here to count to 100

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

17. I've been looking for a sort of existential hotel front desk person game that I remember but I cant find it and now I'm doubting it even existed in the first place lol. if I do find it then that's the good game I know of

sciller45
sciller45
2,855 posts
Justiciar

18. Yeah, I agree. If 16 is 80 % then that means that AP is... 80% goes to 0.8, then x*.8=16, so .8 goes over- no under, and since .8 is just 4/5, we can write it as 5*16/4 which is... 12.8? No, that can't be right... You can't join AG if you're under 13... Then. uhhhhh.

20! It's 20! And I didn't even have to guess a single number! As I was saying, I agree. 20 years old makes you, as I said two years ago, "an old [CENSORED] man". So how's the retirement going, AP? You have grandkids yet?

Hm. Don't know of *any* philosophical hotel reception games. Pls, giv more information.

HalRazor
HalRazor
162 posts
Grand Duke

19. This one was tricky...I read scillers post about twenty and nearly started to count with twenty-one!

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

20 years old makes you, as I said two years ago, "an old [CENSORED] man". So how's the retirement going, AP? You have grandkids yet?

yeah, I'm an old man now, just about to retire. And dude, all of my grandchildren have been growing so fast recently, it's insane! I still kinda remember the "gooden" olden "goldenen" (English adjective declension is a thing now) days when I was young... if only the Fountain of Youth was real!

Enjoy your youth, guys, because once you turn 15, things just go downhill =/

I want my youth back

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

@portarto Good job and welcome!
Ap, you're not that old lol
Now, once you get to 21, then you're as good as dead and buried.

sciller45
sciller45
2,855 posts
Justiciar

22. Ain't that the truth? I'm 17 now. I've gone bald when I was 16. For some reason, I thought it wouldn't happen, as my puberty was belated, happening only at the age of 3. And I still had baby teeth by the age of 4!

But that's not true, [Adjective][Noun]! My great-grandfather on my grandmother on my mother's side's side lived to the ripe old age of 23, and he still helped around the farm when he was 22. Ah. in the end, his lungs caught up with him. He'd been smoking since he was 1.5 years old... I can't help but wonder if a similar thing will happen with my liver.

In other news, I am now fully armored and have the ability to not die pathetically to rats or disgruntled birds, though I will still die if attacked by any human with armor or a stick. Great success!

meaosome
meaosome
155 posts
Scribe

23. Congrats on the armor! Here's hoping no humans with sticks approach you. In other news, I beat Give Up 2 and am working on Bonus E. After all the time I've played the game, I can say with absolute certainty that the game isn't actually that good it's not worth your time.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

24. Oh, nice! good luck on Bonus E!

In unrelated news, atfer a tough week doing homework, tests and working on college assignments, I was able to trim down the "heap of college stuff" I had to do... next deadline is only for early December, so I took a break and played some Hollow Knight

I'm gonna try to beat the pantheons (i.e. boss-rush-like levels) with all bindings (something that increases the difficulty of those levels) in that game, I was able to beat the first two ones like that today, but man, difficulty scales incredibly quickly! (there are 5 in total)

Tomorrow I could probably spend all day playing, but I'd better not... college deadlines are distant, but I'd better watch out

gamers4d
gamers4d
1 posts
Shepherd

25. good and bad

IIxQuestQueenxII
IIxQuestQueenxII
3 posts
Nomad

Rules say "Posts with no numbers should be ignored." just trying to say im on the latest page but see ZERO replies

EDIT: K so the actual page is 5062, but when u click last page it goes wayyyy past that of pages with no replies. goes to like 5100+

sciller45
sciller45
2,855 posts
Justiciar

26. I'm hoping to get to you... @IIxQuestQueenxII . You stumbled upon our peculiar situation. It's been broken like this for probably a year or so now. A long time. We've learned to deal with it. So far, the solution is to press the little light-coloured "last post" button.

IMO, the last post button should be removed, and the "main" button should take over the last post button's function. I know saying my opinion will not change anything. So why don't I delete it? Eh, I'm emotionally attached to it now.

Komissar! What do we do now? I say we go on, but I don't make the rules.

And, before I forget, good luck with Bonus E! I know some people who cheated their way to the achievement. Those evil, evil, horrid men who deserver to be put in a pillory and have rotten parsnip thrown at them. Usually, parsnip by itself is horrendous enough, but it's a vile enough crime I'm willing to go one step further.

Showing 75616-75630 of 78415