ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Garlic Appreciation Club

78431 47071577
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,431 Replies
sciller45
sciller45
2,856 posts
Justiciar

13. Almost two weeks? Let's fix that! Lucky number 13.

Yes, I have it. Or did. My theory of how I got it is currently that I used a keyboard an infected someone else used right before me. I think I got off the easiest I could've. I was sick enough to know I could spread it, but healthy enough that I had few problems except for a fever.
What I find interesting is that my family, including grandma, are all fine, despite me spending time with them, but I somehow got it after sharing a keyboard for a short amount of time.

Oh, and though It's a bit late, I hope the vaccination went fine. The J&J vaccine is quite controversial. Though, if you asked me, I'd say "just stick it in me and get this thing over with." Any possible side-effect's way better than Covid again.

meaosome
meaosome
155 posts
Scribe

14. Got the vaccine. Forgot which one. Time to continue playing video games!

disastermaster30
disastermaster30
302 posts
Prince

15. In my country people of my age will probably get the vaccine after summer. The vaccine rolls slow in the EU.

RebelGamer_98
RebelGamer_98
347 posts
Treasurer

16. Yeah, the vaccination was fine but I was temporarily sick for a few days (which apparently is a good sign as my body is building up an immunity to the virus). I had nausea and felt tired, I just felt awful and I ended up emailing my professor that I wasn't coming to class. However, I rather be sick for a few days than get Covid again as I felt even worse when I had Covid.

Also @disatermaster30, are you a teenager then? I believe that teens and children are considered low-risk and therefore will be last to get vaccinations. (Now I'm remembering the newest episode of South Park as the adults at the end were making fun of the kids because they still had to wear a mask and maintain social distancing.)

disastermaster30
disastermaster30
302 posts
Prince

17. I became 22 a couple weeks ago. In my country, everyone under 18 will not be vaccinated, I don't really know why. Young adults with no underlying health problems(like me) will be the last to get a vaccine and since the vaccine is rolling out very slowly in the EU, it will be several months until I get it.

disastermaster30
disastermaster30
302 posts
Prince

19. Well, try to be more active and we will do it(care b2b).

sciller45
sciller45
2,856 posts
Justiciar

20. Breaking the B2B...
Yeah, I'll try coming here more often. Also, watch out for the swear words. It used to be you could drop a few asterisks here and there, but now it's quite a bit stricter. Remember what happened some 8 months ago with my multiple bans? All because of a few asterisks.

But to possibly steer away from Covid, here's a question. If everyone in the world was you, how long before there'd be a murder? "None because I'm not a horrible person." is not a valid answer.

disastermaster30
disastermaster30
302 posts
Prince

22. Depend on what you mean "like me". If you mean same genes probably several daily like today due to different upbringing(nurture). Otherwise I dunno, hard to tell.

RebelGamer_98
RebelGamer_98
347 posts
Treasurer

1. Dunno what had happened since last week. Did someone delete their profile or broke the forum rules? Hmm...
Well, onto to @sciller45's question. I honestly agree with the whole "None, because I'm not a horrible person" response not being valid as Christians are taught that we created in His image. Despite that He is supposed to be a benevolent God, we still murder each other. However, I don't know how long it will take for a murder to happen. Though I'm going to go with the nature/nurture theory, so if one Elisabeth grew up in a happy, loving environment, she's more likely to be more trusting of others and less likely to become a murderer. On the other hand, if another Elisabeth grew up in a harsh, dangerous environment, she would probably be more cautious of others and she likely wouldn't hesitate to protect herself if she deemed it necessary for her survival.

disastermaster30
disastermaster30
302 posts
Prince

2. Meh someone deleted their posts/account. Don't remember who it was though. Maybe sciller does?

sciller45
sciller45
2,856 posts
Justiciar

3. Meaosome broke the "no swearing" rule and probably the "no complaining about it" rule as well. So, had his posts deleted. I think it's safe to say we won't be seeing him for a week. But while it's relevant:

3.2.1 Team Mod is not allowed to modify the thread or the posts therein by locking, deleting, moving, the thread or posts or using Moderator or Administrator actions not in the capacity of enforcing the site's rules to reach a count of 100.

It seems to technically be in the rules. But I'm still very against this. I see no reason to delete a post due to an expletive which by definition adds almost nothing. Editing is a possible and fine alternative.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm seeing a lot of nature/nurture. But what does "everyone in the world was you" mean?
I first thought of it as a sort of copy/paste. The position of Scillers remain the same, but the rest is just wiped out and replaced (so my memories, knowledge, personality, body etc.), as 7 billion Scillers suddenly find themselves in the world.
Well, first, the power grid will collapse. So, society collapses as 7 billion Scillers reluctantly murder and sacrifice themselves over stone age amounts of resources.
Assuming at least one person was in the process of murdering another when the switch happened, it should take less than a second before the first murder.

In the end, I see a land of scattered tribes and would-be cities filled with old men and... weird dolls? Weird. But...

What if I do manage to prevent the fall of society? Well, still a lot of murder. I suppose the Scillers would have to focus on cloning. A good 50 years' time and "Human extinction" are pretty good motivators for research. On the other hand, maybe they'll just wait 49 years and try to do everything in the last one.

disastermaster30
disastermaster30
302 posts
Prince

4. Oh yeah I remember he was walking on the edge with his posts. Apparently the mods didn't like that. They should at least make a statement though, saying "we deleted some posts, restart the count". Anyway I doubt we will reach 100 again. Very few people left.

RebelGamer_98
RebelGamer_98
347 posts
Treasurer

5. Huh, I didn't really think that he would randomly break the forum rules. Of course, I don't know him personally so I can't make a fair judgement. Also, I agree that a mod should make a statement to explain the missing posts. Returning to Sciller's apocalyptic scenario, what if I was pregnant when the switch happened? Since I'm a girl, I don't think that the switch would affect my hypothetical pregnancy. So, would the child be another genetic clone of me or would they have a mixture of my genes and their father's genes?

disastermaster30
disastermaster30
302 posts
Prince

6. I guess probably the first. I think this got way too deep and confusing. Let's talk about something else. I vote geography. Favorite country you ever visited or would like to visit(care b2b).

sciller45
sciller45
2,856 posts
Justiciar

7. I'm guessing he didn't know, or it just slipped once, so he said... some more things as he'd be banned anyways, and now we're here!

I'd imagine the mother and baby as completely separate people. So, if you've ever seen this Tomska skit, it'd be a combination of teleporting into a door and into the same spot. That is a beautifully horrid image, thank you for that.

tildetildetildetildetildetildetildetildetildetildetildetildetildetildetildetildetildetildetildetildetildetilde

I've never been outside Croatia. I would've visited Italy last year, but... Covid. I'd like to see the Pacific Northwest, and a lot of the US in general, Czechia and Slovakia, Israel... I think I'd like to go across the trans-Siberian railway. So long as I spend a good bit of time in its cities, rivers and taiga. I'm guessing it's also one of the few trains of its kind, that goes a long way, across continents. Unlike the Subway or trams.

Showing 75781-75795 of 78431