ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Mods Allowed To Count

78419 46687174
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,419 Replies
meaosome
meaosome
155 posts
Scribe

5. Can't believe I B2B'd like that. Also, I heard about the Hedgehog Launch glitch that Ruffle introduced... It's a shame, really. It is funny though, so I don't mind too much.

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

6. I'm more interested in getting some ruffles chips.

disastermaster30
disastermaster30
302 posts
Prince

7. Lays or Ruffles?

meaosome
meaosome
155 posts
Scribe

8. I usually go for Lays, but mostly because they're more available. I do like how the Original flavor only has three ingredients though (Potatoes, Salt, Vegetable Oil)

RebelGamer_98
RebelGamer_98
347 posts
Treasurer

9. Personally, I like Lays more. Though I grew up eating Lays so not really surprising. I'd still eat Ruffles though, just as long as I don't eat too many. (I'm not fat, but I am insecure about my weight. I'm blaming my mom due to her constantly telling that I need to "lose that tummy" throughout my teens and even now.) Also, know what strange combination is actually pretty good? Chocolate chips and potato chips. It's salty yet sweet, kind of like when I dip my fries into my shake, it's REALLY good. How obvious is it that I'm American from this post?

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

10. I know I was the one that brought up food in the first place, but I'm super hungry and can't eat so it's not helping.

disastermaster30
disastermaster30
302 posts
Prince

11. TBH my favorite brand is pringles.

sciller45
sciller45
2,855 posts
Justiciar

12. Hm. This requires thought...
Lays - Decent, standard, run off the mill. Averagely expensive. Nothing special about it.
Ruffles - Extra texture that I personally dislike. Otherwise, the same as lays
Pringles - always the same, perfect, tasty paraboloid that comes in a fun package. Very expensive here, though. I could get about two-and-a-half's worth of any other chip.
Doritos - Come in a fun shape, and have a great taste. Also very expensive here.
Generic LIDL tortilla chips with the sombrero on them - come in a fun shape, taste great, could probably exchange dirt for a bag.

And you know what?

LIDL has already begun to dig its talons into the continental United States. Soon all will enjoy the sweet appearance of stereotypical Mexicans on their chip bags!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As for combinations, I've always been for salted peanuts and chocolate, and bananas and chocolate. The combinations I'm guessing aren't weird to any of you, but my family looks at me weird. Their loss. They didn't even accept sweet corn until a few months back. Why? Because corn is pig feed. Ah...

disastermaster30
disastermaster30
302 posts
Prince

13. Ah yes. The el sobrero ones. Dirt cheap for a very large quantity. I don't really like the taste but they are perfect if you have a good dip. It's true that pringles are very expensive. I only get them if I find them on discount. Doritos are awesome but I feel their package is too small. I think their price/quantity fraction is even higher than pringles'.

RebelGamer_98
RebelGamer_98
347 posts
Treasurer

14. I never heard of LIDL, but if I ever find one in Kansas (or any other US state), I'll try it. As for Doritos, I also like them but they aren't my favorite. They are Alana's favorite though. Whenever we stop at a gas station, Alana always asks if she can get something and gets Doritos if the answer's yes. I wonder if it's America's favorite chips. I mean they have freaking Dorito tacos at Taco Bell.

meaosome
meaosome
155 posts
Scribe

15. But you all forgot about the Kettle Chips. You FOOLS forgot about THESE
https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Falthealthworks.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F04%2Fkettle.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

disastermaster30
disastermaster30
302 posts
Prince

16. These don't exist in my country. Lidl is a german supermarket that has branched in many european countries.

meaosome
meaosome
155 posts
Scribe

17. Ah. That's a shame, although I hear that Europe has garlic salt potato chips which aren't a thing in the U.S. Actually, isn't it weird how major chip companies in the US don't have a garlic flavor? Especially so with all the other weirder flavors bouncing around.

RebelGamer_98
RebelGamer_98
347 posts
Treasurer

18. I don't really eat kettle chips much, though they're probably more healthy than regular chips...I think. Also, you're right. I don't ever remember seeing garlic potato chips. Garlic potato chips seems obvious and yet, there are so many weird ones out there. I remember there were biscuits and gravy potato chips. They sound weird, but they're actually pretty tasty. I got curious and took one bite, expecting it to be gross, and the next thing I know, the bag was almost empty. I believe that the lady who submitted them won the contest. Unfortunately, they were for a limited time only, and Lays no longer makes them.

disastermaster30
disastermaster30
302 posts
Prince

19. Yeah many companies here have a sour cream and onion or a garlic flavor. I have even found tzatziki flavored chips(a greek sauce made with yogurt and garlic) which were awesome.

Showing 75811-75825 of 78419