ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Mods Allowed To Count

78419 46688853
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,419 Replies
meaosome
meaosome
155 posts
Scribe

20. Potato chips are pretty great, but who here gets down with the Pita chips? They're pretty good by themselves, but it gets REAL when you break out the hummus. Spicy hummus with perfectly seasoned pita chips just begs for a party.

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

21. My mom has these shamrock flavored chips from Ireland which sound awful. I mean, it's basically grass flavored fried potatoes.

disastermaster30
disastermaster30
302 posts
Prince

22. Have you actually tried them? Maybe the taste will be different.

sciller45
sciller45
2,855 posts
Justiciar

23. Yup, LIDL is one of the quintessential British supermarkets, alongside Tesco, Asda, and Aldi. Though I do believe it's German.

But to think... I don't think we have any odd flavours. About the weirdest thing is Sour Cream and Onion.
Although... Now that I think of it, we do have "flips" (as compared to chips). They're like peanut-flavoured Cheetos. I just looked it up, and peanut Cheetos exist. They're exactly that. But flips are everywhere here.

The only other weird flavour I can think of is ketchup. There used to be a ketchup phase a few years back. EVERYTHING just tasting like the same cheap, dried ketchup. You could get the same taste licking the bottom of a school cafeteria chair. Yum yum yum.

meaosome
meaosome
155 posts
Scribe

24. Yeah, not a big fan of the ketchup flavor. Also, I've been getting Universal Yums and I've found the occasional gem in their boxes. Apparently, Spain has these gummy pineapple rings that go incredulously hard. Also, Stroopwafels.

disastermaster30
disastermaster30
302 posts
Prince

25. We have a local brand that sells something that could be described as peanut flavored cheetos. They are actually quite tasty.

HalRazor
HalRazor
162 posts
Grand Duke

26. Sciller was right, Lidl is a german market. The founder was Dieter Schwarz (on english: Dieter Black). He named his market by his former teacher Ludwig Lidl to avoid puns about Black Market.

RebelGamer_98
RebelGamer_98
347 posts
Treasurer

27. Ha! If I had the last name Black, I'd totally call my market the Black Market as I find it amusing to just go to someone who doesn't know what that is and say "Alright, I'm going off to the Black Market to get some stuff. You want anything?" and they are like "Uhh...". Although, my last name CAN be used as a pun for something, though I'm not revealing my last name here as it's not a common last name. (Heck, even my first name is uncommon, at least in the U.S.) I don't know how common my last name is in other countries but given my German heritage, it might be more common in Germany.

Ntech
Ntech
257 posts
Shepherd

28. I love you, God bless you )

disastermaster30
disastermaster30
302 posts
Prince

29. Does your country have any unique snacks that you won't probably find anywhere else?

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

30. PURE SUGAR

meaosome
meaosome
155 posts
Scribe

31. Pretty much...

disastermaster30
disastermaster30
302 posts
Prince

32. TBH it doesn't surprise me.

sciller45
sciller45
2,855 posts
Justiciar

33. Alright, let's keep kicking this horse cadaver.

As that conversation's over, I'd like to ask if anyone knows of any interesting websites. As in, things you might have seen in DONG (or D!NG as it is today) or have found after surfing the information superhighway for a few hours too long, or, into the morning.
For example, recently I stumbled upon foundphotos.net. A site about... found photos, the unintended photos you'd download alongside your movies, series, games etc. in torrent links. (not that I'd know anything about that *cough cough*)

It's all so... weirdly intimate, and I love that about it.

HalRazor
HalRazor
162 posts
Grand Duke

That was close, I wanted to post my message #33. Fortunately I reloaded the page before dending it... Sciller was first.
---
No post for 6 days? I know armorgames is an abandones place, but we can do better.
About unique snacks: We have Kinder-Sweets. Like Kinderschokolade, Milchschnitte, Duplo. The funny thing about them: They are typical german, have german names and are produced only for germany (or at least, they were available only in germany when I was a child). But they are produced by an italian company (Ferrero). They are typically german, but originate from Italy.

Showing 75826-75840 of 78419