analytics and serving ads.
Forums → Forum Games → Count to 100: Challenge of Endurance
The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!
HOW TO PLAY
1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) posts if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden posts if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.
No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.
COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".
Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!
bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.
2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.
USERS - 45 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2
LAST TWO WINS
44. 100! - October 11, '19 at 08:58 am, 10 users, 23 days 20 hours 57 minutes.
sciller45 (3), charlesjoseph , disastermaster30, Bears Bears Bears, robsob20061017, Yellowcat , Hunter902 , armorplayergc , bensonbeagle, meaosome
45. 100! - May 09, '20 at 00:03 am, 13 users, 50 days 6 hours 5 minutes.
disastermaster30 (1), RebelGamer_98, Bears_Bears_Bears , red303 , Yellowcat (1), armorplayergc , ismael6, sciller45 (3), Hunter902 , akshobhya , GhostOfMatrix , lozerfac3, SpiritTaker
- 76,773 Replies
3. Meaosome broke the "no swearing" rule and probably the "no complaining about it" rule as well. So, had his posts deleted. I think it's safe to say we won't be seeing him for a week. But while it's relevant:
3.2.1 Team Mod is not allowed to modify the thread or the posts therein by locking, deleting, moving, the thread or posts or using Moderator or Administrator actions not in the capacity of enforcing the site's rules to reach a count of 100.
It seems to technically be in the rules. But I'm still very against this. I see no reason to delete a post due to an expletive which by definition adds almost nothing. Editing is a possible and fine alternative.
I'm seeing a lot of nature/nurture. But what does "everyone in the world was you" mean?
I first thought of it as a sort of copy/paste. The position of Scillers remain the same, but the rest is just wiped out and replaced (so my memories, knowledge, personality, body etc.), as 7 billion Scillers suddenly find themselves in the world.
Well, first, the power grid will collapse. So, society collapses as 7 billion Scillers reluctantly murder and sacrifice themselves over stone age amounts of resources.
Assuming at least one person was in the process of murdering another when the switch happened, it should take less than a second before the first murder.
In the end, I see a land of scattered tribes and would-be cities filled with old men and... weird dolls? Weird. But...
What if I do manage to prevent the fall of society? Well, still a lot of murder. I suppose the Scillers would have to focus on cloning. A good 50 years' time and "Human extinction" are pretty good motivators for research. On the other hand, maybe they'll just wait 49 years and try to do everything in the last one.
4. Oh yeah I remember he was walking on the edge with his posts. Apparently the mods didn't like that. They should at least make a statement though, saying "we deleted some posts, restart the count". Anyway I doubt we will reach 100 again. Very few people left.
5. Huh, I didn't really think that he would randomly break the forum rules. Of course, I don't know him personally so I can't make a fair judgement. Also, I agree that a mod should make a statement to explain the missing posts. Returning to Sciller's apocalyptic scenario, what if I was pregnant when the switch happened? Since I'm a girl, I don't think that the switch would affect my hypothetical pregnancy. So, would the child be another genetic clone of me or would they have a mixture of my genes and their father's genes?
6. I guess probably the first. I think this got way too deep and confusing. Let's talk about something else. I vote geography. Favorite country you ever visited or would like to visit(care b2b).
7. I'm guessing he didn't know, or it just slipped once, so he said... some more things as he'd be banned anyways, and now we're here!
I'd imagine the mother and baby as completely separate people. So, if you've ever seen this Tomska skit, it'd be a combination of teleporting into a door and into the same spot. That is a beautifully horrid image, thank you for that.
I've never been outside Croatia. I would've visited Italy last year, but... Covid. I'd like to see the Pacific Northwest, and a lot of the US in general, Czechia and Slovakia, Israel... I think I'd like to go across the trans-Siberian railway. So long as I spend a good bit of time in its cities, rivers and taiga. I'm guessing it's also one of the few trains of its kind, that goes a long way, across continents. Unlike the Subway or trams.
8. Interesting take sciller. I am a fan of history so I enjoy visiting countries that have good museums and lore. Being from Greece, I have visited my fair share of museums and archaeological places. I have been to 5 other countries and I really enjoyed visiting Italy, Rome specifically(Sciler you have to go). I also like switzerland a lot. I don't know why. Probably their way of life and the feel of the cities there. I am thinking of moving there after I finish uni.
9. I've been all over the U.S. but more the northern states than the southern states. (I assume the reason for this is due to the heat as my family goes on vacation every year except last year, for obvious reasons.) However, I do remember going down to Texas around 2005/2006 as my oldest brother, who was living with his biological father, was graduating from high school. (What? I'm a bad sister for not knowing when my brother graduated? Well, Tony and I didn't grow up together so give me a break. In fact, I didn't really have a relationship with him until I was 14. Thankfully, our mutual love of video games and comedy shows - like South Park - helped us bond.)
I've never been outside the country, but I'd like to travel abroad. Any country - except for North Korea or any other country that imprisons or even publicly executes Christians - would be nice to visit, but the country I'd like to visit the most is Japan. And no, I don't want to visit because of a obsession for anime. I've simply heard that it's a beautiful place and I've wanted to go ever since I was a child.
10. I don't think that there exists a country that executes people for being christians(not in the 21st century at least). There are however several countries, mostly in the middle east, with very strict laws that execute people for very trivial crimes or even for things that aren't crimes at all in most societies(like being homosexual). To be honest, I wouldn't want to visit these countries either.
11. Ah, thanks, I'll be sure to tell [Adjective][Noun] that...
I don't believe almost any countries have anti-christian laws. Mostly it's a "lack of religious freedom" thing rather than an "anti-christian" thing. And I believe that Chinese churches that don't enter the state-sponsored Christian thing get torn down.
Although, apparently, North Korea imprisons them. No big surprise there...
12. RIP AG forum. You will be missed. You can count active people on 1 hand.
13. I could be wrong but personally, I've been pretty busy lately with finals coming up next week. Maybe the number will slightly increase as summer approaches? Again, I could be totally wrong but I'm just going to stay optimistic.
14. I doubt it. There isn't much to do on this website any more.
15. Y'know, I'd have expected you guys to get a bit farther before I got back. Anyway, I got hammered for 10 days rather than the usual 7; It might have something to do with it being my second offense (my first being 2 years ago.) On another note, How is the implementation of Ruffle going? I'm still waiting for 15 or so of my "Favorites" to reappear, but I'm not sure if it's because Ruffle can only emulate older versions of Flash at the moment or something like that.
16. We are 3 people. Kinda hard to go faster.
17. Fair enough. I wish there were still more people here counting to 100.
You must be logged in to post a reply!