analytics and serving ads.
Forums → Forum Games → Count to 100: Mods Allowed To Count
The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!
HOW TO PLAY
1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.
No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.
No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.
COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".
Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!
bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.
2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.
USERS - 48 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2
LAST TWO WINS
47. 100! - April 4, '23 at 12:25, 9 users, over 29 days.
TheMostManlyMan (1), saint_of_gaming , Widestsinger , SirLegendary (2), nichodemus (2), danwar123, sciller45 (3), HalRazor , disastermaster30 (3)
48. 100! - July 20, '23 at 06:11, 15 users, 52 days.
saint_of_gaming , TheMostManlyMan (1), Solas128, Widestsinger , sciller45 (4), ScoobySnax, nichodemus (2), SirLegendary (2), GhostOfMatrix , Yellowcat (1), portarto, HalRazor , jimmycarlos , IllustriousIllusion, robsob20061017 
- 78,067 Replies
7. I enjoy counting as well. This forum game reminds me of 1024 and similar games.
8. forum games are very epic yes yes
1. Stop cheating. I don't like people cheating in games I play.
2. I really figured that at this slow of a pace, the count would very nearly always succeed
3. Well if people edit their comments or B2B or attempt to cheat, how will the count be completed?
5. He wrote something then a few days later deleted it and wrote something else.
6. This count needs love and order. Help Sacred Heart.
7. With the deleting thing, I never got in trouble fo-
8. Oh well, just keep counting.
9. I went to vacation and stoped counting for a while but I’m back now! Yes I did delete my comment because I didn’t know what 1024 was so I said it looked cool because I thought he just was talking about 2048. Sorry I’m not the smartest I just didn’t want to look dumb but in the end I was still dumb.
10. You're not dumb at all; you're beautiful @Widestinger. Actually, I think I meant 2048 I just remembered the title wrong.
- Commissioner comment, no need to interrupt the count -
Please do not delete your posts in the Count. While never mentioned explicitly (for Team Users, anyway) deleting and re-posting is a form of editing, which is against the rules. More importantly, it might confuse your co-counters, and, depending on the context, break the spirit of the game.
Mistakes happen, it's part of the game; don't worry too much about it. And consider this: instead of editing or deleting your post, you can always use your next post to come back to / correct something you said previously. It'll give you something to write, anyway.
On an unrelated note, did you know there is a Supplementary Game Rule (#3.4) called No Raging which includes 'badgering'? Just throwing this out there for no reason.
May the Count continue.
12. Hello. Glad to have someone new counting with us.
You must be logged in to post a reply!