ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Mods Allowed To Count

78377 46094998
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,377 Replies
saint_of_gaming
saint_of_gaming
594 posts
Shepherd

68. Yes I think this is the farthest its gotten since Flash died.

Mattchstick
Mattchstick
137 posts
Nomad

69. Nice

HE'S BACK, BABY.

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

70. *cue murmuring*

You may be a piece of history to me, but you must understand, I'm history to men like Hal and Soggy here. Like they say, the future is a foreign forum.

To the rest, this man is MattEmAngel. He used to be a well-known name some 7-or-so years ago. And I'd heard of him aboout (a bit over) 5 years ago now. Mostly for his... complicated relationship towards moderation. According to at least one person, he is best described as "just... Matt". Without a doubt, that is him, and him is that, yes no?

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

71. And in a surprise turn of events, an second elder joins the count

saint_of_gaming
saint_of_gaming
594 posts
Shepherd

72. And with you three online as I am posting this hopefully the count will go even further. (P.S. Cut, paste, and refresh immediately before posting to avoid double counting posts. This almost just happened to me.)

Mattchstick
Mattchstick
137 posts
Nomad

73. It's a Christmas miracle.

Idk why I didn't just send a message to MostManlyMan on Steam, we're friends there. Am also in contact with @armorplayergc, @Roger721, and @wflag10 on Steam, somehow they survived the Friend List Purge.

And @Chryosten, but he'll always be Darkfire45 to me.

Widestsinger
Widestsinger
310 posts
Bard

74. I’m scared at how fast this is going, two people might count at the same time and say the same number at the same time and make us restart. I hope it doesn’t happen but it can.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

75. This is the fastest I've seen it go in quite some time, but still baby speeds compared to when it first started

Mattchstick
Mattchstick
137 posts
Nomad

76. Speaking of activity, I attempted to make a forum post about Armor Games and the future of forums, but it keeps kicking me around, so I posted it on my profile for now. Read it when you get a chance.

Mattchstick
Mattchstick
137 posts
Nomad

oops.

disastermaster30
disastermaster30
302 posts
Prince

1. Aaaaand reset

HalRazor
HalRazor
161 posts
Grand Duke

1. Or we could restart because of an edited post...
The last successful count was 2020 (page 5020, Sciller might remember it). Like saint_of_gaming said, the best way is to refresh before doing a post. And to look on the next page, there were many mistakes because the latest post was on the next page.

HalRazor
HalRazor
161 posts
Grand Duke

Oh, and reset again. Counting to 1 and failing is new :-)

saint_of_gaming
saint_of_gaming
594 posts
Shepherd

2. I think your last post is spoiling. The count may therefore continue as I have posted. By the way, avm2 content is almost done on ruffle so maybe the count will go faster now.

Widestsinger
Widestsinger
310 posts
Bard

3. Are we really gonna have to restart because of that 😞 I mean it happens but it still makes me depressed

Showing 76306-76320 of 78377