ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Mods Allowed To Count

78400 46193689
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,400 Replies
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,779 posts
Chamberlain

31. That's one thing I'll always be critical of in the software world. Just how willing they are to let things become obsolete with no plan of letting people enjoy things that never even broke. Sure, I understand that they can't reasonably support an old OS forever, and sure, Steam and other services can't be expected to support an old OS forever either, but there's no reason why they need to go out of their way to make sure that people using said OS can no longer do the things that used to work just fine. At the very least leave them with their old versions of Steam and let them play whatever games were already working.

Fortunately, as you said, I'm fairly certain you could upgrade to Windows 10, since that doesn't have the absurdly new requirements that Windows 11 has. With any luck, there will be enough push back to keep windows 10 alive for a couple extra years once they realize that nobody wants Windows 11.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Sorry for the delay, irl stuff happened or whatever. I confirm the previous count was good, merit was handed out and scoreboards should be updated. As always please let me know if I forgot something or someone.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

P.S. I hope my last post didn't kill your momentum? Just in case, remember that I'm not part of either team and whenever I post you don't need to restart.

Widestsinger
Widestsinger
314 posts
Bard

32. It scared me so I stopped counting

saint_of_gaming
saint_of_gaming
598 posts
Shepherd

33. Just keep counting fearlessly.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

34. Wow, we won the last count? That's awesome. Congrats to everyone and sorry I'm late to the celebration.

saint_of_gaming
saint_of_gaming
598 posts
Shepherd

35. And we get an extra merit even though it isn't a new year. Oh well, I'm always glad to have more I guess.

sciller45
sciller45
2,855 posts
Justiciar

36. You'd have to speak for yourself about that extra merit!

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Yeeeaaah, that was merit, singular, for the new counter. The only other merits are the first of a new year, and for each 10th count (personal, not overall).

I've considered other options, perhaps some seasonal stuff or special 'events', but for a long while the activity just hasn't really been at a level where it would make sense. Though admittedly for the last two counts you've been pretty consistent. And I'm open to suggestions if you have any.

(commissioner post, please carry on)

saint_of_gaming
saint_of_gaming
598 posts
Shepherd

37. I'm off to play a racing game.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

38. @HahiHa, apparently, no suggestion. Just straight to racing games. HAHA.

I'll make you a better offer. Given the situation we face ourselves in here in the forums, anyone who is actively posting within the last week gets a merit.

https://media.licdn.com/dms/image/C4D12AQGYxiq58wVXbg/article-cover_image-shrink_720_1280/0/1600763161120?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=nh6P9afuzj22r3***_XRtjwEYRgoSOwWWEkQf91lzUs

saint_of_gaming
saint_of_gaming
598 posts
Shepherd

39. That sounds like a good idea.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,779 posts
Chamberlain

40. Can't say I'd complain too much with an extra merit, though I feel it devalues the one I got through the SippiCups program

saint_of_gaming
saint_of_gaming
598 posts
Shepherd

41. What is the SippiCups program?

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

42. I was mostly kidding haha.

Showing 77056-77070 of 78400