ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Mods Allowed To Count

78396 46145029
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,396 Replies
kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Duchess

14. Idk anything about this topic, so idk what to add

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

15. @Hunter902 this sounds promising. That really seems a wonder they managed to capture the black hole, even if a bit blurry.

@kalisenpai scientists were trying to take a pic of a black hole for about 2 decades. Thanks to synchronizing 8 telescopes, spread across the globe, they were able to establish enough magnifying power to photograph the accretion disk (plasma) of a black hole that is located over 53 mln light-years from the Earth. This video is short and comprehensive.

But come to think of it, that thing looks like a red eye in the dark. Maybe something is lurking there, watching the Earth from afar

sietkafta
sietkafta
75 posts
Grand Duke

16. Good catch @PLGuy yeah maybe something big (something invader) inside of that red million degrees hot gas clouds. So, we need waiting another 53m light years for looking whats in there :P

One question to @UnleashedUponMankind , where my last entry here or why deleted?

AmyClyne
AmyClyne
136 posts
Princess

17. The only thing you can see is just the quasar surrounding the event horizon, so the black hole is just a black void, cannot be describe in any other way. And don't worry, it's nothing scary inside the event horizon, whatever is there is already crushed to fine energy or something tiny and spewed onto the other side of the black hole.
Plus, taking pics of the black hole isn't that easy because you have to use other methods to translate the EM wave it gives off into visible light wavelength for us to see it, just like the Sun, a normal camera + telescope wouldn't work.
And besides that, having a black hole pic doesn't help much in gaining new knowledge because it lack some notable features to be useful.

sietkafta
sietkafta
75 posts
Grand Duke

18. @AmyClyne Nope... Imagine is something much more fun than reality. I bet something inside of that black hole. Living one. With big mouth, sharp teeth, with claw, and beautiful blue eyes (ofc big blue eyes.) And hmmmm... Yeah with wings yeah. Must be. That insider is can fly. Yes fly and eat flying other object for protect us. Why protect us? Because that blue eyed big monster likes humans. (Since ancient times)

Anyway. Here another count. but im not Count anymore. (Grand Duke over.)

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

@sietkafta there’s a bug on disqus. Comments disappear to show up after a few days. I edit them right after posting, and it probably fixes the problem.

So there’s an enormous and deadly Fairy-Monster protecting the Earth from the invaders? You know what? It’s possible. Amy mentioned “the other side of the black hole”, which would indicate some gateway. Black holes might be anything.

And current technology isn’t able to photograph them directly because they neither emit nor reflect any light. In theory, they’re black bodies. So I get it even flash wouldn’t help, but who would wait 53M years for it to fly there, anyway?

sietkafta
sietkafta
75 posts
Grand Duke

20. @PLGuy you are a genius as like me and you complete right too. Why we waiting the that day? Im starting the project to "black guys universe" as you say;

And current technology isn’t able to photograph them directly because they neither emit nor reflect any light. In theory, they’re black bodies.

Now i need some help about space technology and i know where i can find that knowledge... These little guys may help us https://armorgames.com/play/17987/learn-to-fly-3?tag-referral=space \,,/ Hell yeaah!

Hunter902
Hunter902
243 posts
Scribe

21. @sietkafta yes, let's send penguins into space and add to the non-flying animals we bring into space. Maybe we can use those little guys who have all of that tech and they might be able to fight off the space threats.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

22. even if that picture doesn't really improve our lives or technology directly, it's still amazing o.o

let's discover how to teleport, and get close to it! o.o

(that is, if the black hole is still there, I mean, it's 53,000,000 ly away from us, we're seeing it how it was 53,000,000 years ago...)

boy, that's close to the day dinosaurs used to live on Earth! If we could get there, we'd see our planet back then

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

23. It’s not only an old history but also incomplete. We can observe the photons that actually appear here in the real-time (escape gravity fields, obstacles to arrive at the collection zone). For now we’re left with breathtaking pictures of our beautiful Sun.

let's discover how to teleport, and get close to it!

I got a déjà vu. Red shirts, pervasive sogginess, interdimensional bridges, chocolate comets... Was it in this reality, tho… And why didn’t those people just jump through the Hyperspace, ehhhhh.

Hunter902
Hunter902
243 posts
Scribe

24. It couldn't have been in this reality because I would definitely remember the red shirts.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

25. ^ Oh, yes, those had to be somewhat significant, and not in the red shirt guy kinda way.

And that’s an interesting thing that @armorplayergc figured out. If we could teleport, and had huge enough telescopes (packed on spacecraft, so either multiple of those like in EHT, or by using extra dimensions), it would be possible to watch any open space past event occurring on the Earth. Teleport exactly 1 ly away = watch what was happening 1 year ago.

sietkafta
sietkafta
75 posts
Grand Duke

26. Hmm one minute... Need thinking about some problem here. If human race can reach really close to event horizon with probes and can see another dimension or another universe back inside of black hole, how can send that infos to Earth back?

We must be use that telescopes or communicate devices for collect infos right? But this process takes so long time. Also we collect old infos about black hole already right? Because speed of light how we can calculate right points at right time?

Guys... As @Hunter902's says we must be use our little friends once again... We need sacrifice something... FOR HUMANITY!

AmyClyne
AmyClyne
136 posts
Princess

27. The thing is, you can't. Light speed is the maximum speed achievable in this current state of "limitation". So space exploration is undoubtedly a process that takes forever to achieve, don't get me started on light speed engine, it wouldn't work theoretically.

Hunter902
Hunter902
243 posts
Scribe

28. @AmyClyne Yes, at this moment this means that we should do all we can now and further the knowledge we could gain since it could take, as you said, "forever to achieve"

Showing 73906-73920 of 78396