ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Mods Allowed To Count

78397 46165188
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,397 Replies
AmyClyne
AmyClyne
136 posts
Princess

7. Or, it is made by an omnipotent creator that made this universe and gave a purpose to it. Simulation or not, it is up to you to find out the truth yourself, and the truth shall set you free.

Hunter902
Hunter902
243 posts
Scribe

8. @AmyClyne true, we may never completely know how we came about, since it is all up to us in the end to decide what we believe or don't believe, which I believe that most people overlook because in the end it is all in the eye of the beholder. Every person's life is a separate experience, people can experience the exact same thing throughout their whole lives, but their interpretations would be different because they are each their own person with their own outlook on life.

dude3742
dude3742
4 posts
Herald

dude3742
dude3742
4 posts
Herald

dude3742
dude3742
4 posts
Herald

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

9. dude can’t count??!!! Holy cow It’s about time to learn this useful skill.

People are also social beings, so we’re prone to be influenced by others. Groups, religions, philosophies uniting individuals, helping to find those truths that can’t be answered by science alone.

We can’t know for a fact that the world wasn’t created by some higher power. F.e. it could conjure the initial singularity from its own energy or initiate the beginning of creation (like the BB). We’re quite sure that whatever was at start, it was different and didn’t behave like the singularities we can (sorta) observe, black holes.

Equally, it could be like Sciller mentioned, that the universe is cyclic. Some scientists claim that CMB cold spots are remnants of bygone universes.

Is this all a simulation, though? (Daymit, mine must be very boring recently). People’s lives, along with awareness, could be generated by alien races. If that were true, we’d never find out.

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

10. I like to imagine this being a simulation in which I can't die. There'd always be some sort of excuse.
Slip into a giant extruder somehow? Nah, you've been caught by safety equipment.
Jump off a bridge into the waters below? Scare of your life as your foot gets stuck.
Shoot yourself? Misfire.
Shoot yourself again? Get a concussion as the bullet is stopped by your skull.

Not that I'm taking any chances.

Also, we all know photons are just particles which go at the same speed as world generation.

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

10. Surely if the universe were a simulation they could make at least slightly more exciting :/
Come on, universe programmers!

kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Duchess

11. I can't anything to this convo

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

12. Yeah, I've been trying to tell them. "Imagine how much better everything would be if we had superpowers". I'd actually rate it 5/5!

Also, while we're giving the game of life suggestions, can we have a tutorial period slightly shorter than 24-something years? That's like a quarter of the game! I mean, fine if the tutorial's like portal, but you can't do anything!

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

13. oh boy, if this is a simulation, then I'm kinda sad...
why did they have to make it this boring?
come on! =/

more than (1.3 times ten to the tenth power) years of simulation... and this is what we get

Well, to be honest though, I don't know whether this is a simulation or not...

but yeah, I wonder what is the point of our existence... *sigh*

I just wish life was... better?

Hunter902
Hunter902
243 posts
Scribe

14. well if you think about life as a simulation of some sort, when does it end? When you die? Surely not if there is something called an afterlife. But if it isn't, what is life? Is it just an evolutionary advantage to being alive? That when you don't die, that you are able to have the advantage of what we call a "life"?

charlesjoseph
charlesjoseph
287 posts
Herald

15. maybe we can't see the end of the simulation because beings higher up have slower time than us. like a game we play.

FireDragonWarrior2
FireDragonWarrior2
34 posts
Herald

16. Does the count restart because of dude?

Hunter902
Hunter902
243 posts
Scribe

17. Not from what I gather from the rules.

Showing 73936-73950 of 78397