ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Mods Allowed To Count

78399 46195346
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,399 Replies
PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

10. @AmyClyne humans have need of those resources, which go to waste under your holy groves. Without any control over the nature, we are susceptible. We can’t let our families freeze and starve and by invading your abundant lands, we choose the lesser evil. And when we invade, we do take more than we need to survive but you wrongly interpret that as greed. Relics of the times of legends and magic, living for millennia in harmony with the nature, you Elves do not understand the significance of progress. Your lives flow slowly, you feel as if there’s enough time for everything and no need to speed up any process.

And we, humans, live shy of a century, thus it is in our nature to rush through life with a rocket speed and unfading enthusiasm. We have to reproduce waaay faster…

*one of the Elven Royal Guards interrupts* *ahem* Your Brilliance, of course human meant bathing in the divine water on Midsummer’s night, singing the Song of Nature with the significant other to bequeath the Wonder of Life to an offspring.

Yeees, that I did… Racking up new inventions, amassing power and resources, conquering lands and securing future generations? These are all but excuses to occupy mind and body, to forget for this short moment called human’s life about inevitably approaching death.

@sciller45 I knew that a Kevin psycho-fan will react. Funny thing that if you’ll change a few words in your recap, it will match Home Alone 2. I tried to avoid spoilers, but I am also surprised that someone could not watch it XD Maybe it's not so popular in Spain @kalisenpai?

BTW, have you guys seen “Home Alone Again”? Kevin is 38 and they still keep forgetting about him. :-P

AmyClyne
AmyClyne
136 posts
Princess

11. @PLGuy What I have observed on a distant world inhabited with only humans and animals, it was horrendous. The lands are stripped clean of plants, the humans breed like rabbits, some of them even poison the world they live in!
These observations are a shocker, all because the lack of control to prevent mankind from getting things they already have sufficient of. For all these kinds of offense towards nature, I simply cannot tolerate.

~ - ~ -
Side notes: I need 683 points to rank up now.. closer to the top but harder to climb. And this conversation sounds like a debate or some sort xD

kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Duchess

12. @PLGuy everybody knows that movie, I think... I've just never been interested in watching it XD

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

@AmyClyne The reason for our shortsightedness is again – short lifespan. We see every invention through the veil of mortality. There never seems to be enough time to implement what we create, let alone to test it and design prevention of the negative fallout.

Being in a constant hurry and fear of death clouds our judgment, and when we finally manage to invent something useful, first and foremost we think: “Wow, it’s amazing! What can I use it for?”, whenas we should think: “Ehm, might be harmful. What is the cost of its use?”

I won’t attempt to justify the sins of civilization. Conscious of the harms we’ve already rendered, I can only beg for forgiveness for the stupidity of the mankind. But, I’ll also mention our plans of colonizing other, uninhabited planets. That might help with the overpopulation as well as unburden the global ecosystem.

There is no way to turn back time, but there is still hope for this world. Recently, we’ve started calculating the harm and we’re terrified. We do not want our world to share the fate of the place you’ve seen. Now we’re aware exactly how much we need you, Elves. Nature has always been your jurisdiction, humans have to limit the expansion. Let’s make this Christmas Eve an opportunity for reconciliation. We could start with a truce and then work our way towards a long-lasting peace with terms that will satisfy both sides.

BTW, check out the Book of Unwritten Tales 1 & 2 if you didn't. One of three heroes there is an adorable Elven Princess.

@kalisenpai You don’t know what you lose! That might be some childish sentimentality, but I still think it’s great!

AmyClyne
AmyClyne
136 posts
Princess

14. @PLGuy Is that a game or a book? xD Don't want to read too much, would prefer to go on an adventure like that Elf Princess <3

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

15. @AmyClyne It is a classic P&C adventure game, a really good one.

From books I know also a great trilogy with kinda Elven Princess – A Court of Thorns and Roses. I mean she’s more a very warlike High Lady.

Watch out – B2B.

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

16. I have come to save you from your 'b two b' disaster! You're welcome.

dragonmaster10902
dragonmaster10902
660 posts
Jester

17. @PLGuy Sorry for ruining your fun. But I think you were first this time - yours shows before mine. And yes, humans are stinkers. Sorry @AmyClyne for all of that. Anyway, I think I can now wish everyone a merry Christmas without anyone getting all up in arms about it being too early, (looking at you, @Yellowcat) so MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! (3.5 Hours to Santa, says Google!)

And @kalisenpai obviously there are those who disagree with me, but I don't think you're missing much. I've never really enjoyed watching people hurt themselves. I can only ever think of the real-life morons on AFV that probably use their winnings to cover the medical bills...

AmyClyne
AmyClyne
136 posts
Princess

18. @PLGuy I wish there is a place we can chat normally, maybe a chatroom? This will avoid ruining counts, and also maybe I can learn a bit more about my 2nd life xD <3

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

19. @AmyClyne Sure, I can tell you about both Ivo (game) and Feyre (books). But I’m at my parents’ whole Xmas, so can’t really chat. Maybe I’ll let you know on Discord, when I’m back?

@dragonmaster10902 I wasn’t serious so really no problemo.

humans are stinkers

They… we don’t live long enough to see the negative impact = no way to take responsibility for ruining the nature.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, people! XD

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

20. Now that it's actually Christmas day, I can wish everyone a Merry Christmas! I would tag all of the people individually, but there's too many, so I'll just do an @everyone!
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/283818313782525962/527146060640944138/unknown.png

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

21. ^ LOL, not again... I got this sticker twice with wishes on FB. Simon's cat haunts me.

@Majestic_Fish I had this dilemma on Christmas Eve: on which side of the plate does the smartphone go?

AmyClyne
AmyClyne
136 posts
Princess

22. @PLGuy You haven't let me know anything on discord. Christmas is over and nothing :x

kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Duchess

23. @PLGuy Pro tip: don't use your smartphone while eating. No smartphone = no dilemma

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

@AmyClyne Your Radiance, I wouldn't let an Elven Princess wait for a chat! But it's still holiday here, we celebrate the 2nd day, so I'm back tonight. Did you look that game up?

@kalisenpai would be great if just saying that sufficed. :-/ I use Google to look up for things during a conversation. But so as like my whole family.

Showing 73126-73140 of 78399