Forums → Forum Games → Count to 100: Haiku Mania
The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!
HOW TO PLAY
1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) posts if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden posts if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.
No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.
COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".
Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!
bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.
2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.
USERS - 35 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2
LAST TWO WINS
34. 100! - Feb 09, '18 at 6:13 pm, 6 users, 7 hours 14 mins.
abcdragon66, PLGuy (1), lithium923, KatPryde , luis3141, Olaffours (1)
35. 100! - Feb 18, '18 at 11:49 am, 15 users, 4 days, 22 hours 48 mins.
SirLegendary (2), PLGuy (1), KatPryde , luis3141 (1), Majestic_Fish , sciller45 (1), Ramit12 , XxTattyKxX, Olaffours (1), TheMostManlyMan (1), Yellowcat , abcdragon66 , ImSkysock, GamerNikoBellic, lithium923 
- 73,229 Replies
7. What are you guys saying?! It is possible to see North Star on the southern hemisphere! You have almost half a degree under the equator to see it :-P
And seriously it is under the horizon all the time. Half a degree, because North Star isn't perfectly on the True North. But it is almost perfectly on the north, so if we speed the time up on the North Pole we will see the whole sky of stars "turning around" the North Star aka Polaris. Recording and joining frames creates these trails: time lapse.
8. north star is the only one not "moving" in the sky with seasons, north star is always at the same spot in night sky if i remember correctly
9. Pole Star moves due to precession, but over thousands of years.
Seasons change and we don't see the difference in its placement and that is because of a huge distance from the Earth - circa 434 light years.
And that time lapse was only taken from a few hours, but still that's how it should look like there for a day. I mean half a year, lol.
10. What are you exactly trying to say? That the north star never moves in space or never moves in the night sky?
11. I'm just saying that it moves extremely slowly: The Earth is Wobbling.
but still that's how it should look like there for a day.
And yeah originally I meant a day as 24 hours period, but there should be a night, a polar night.
Drunk Earth is wobbling
Throughout the lonely darkness.
The others beware.
13. And who makes Earth drunk? The humans! I am filled with shame to be part of this species that is doing such terrible things...
14. Yeah, the world would be much, much better if cats ran the Earth.
15. Come on! It's obvious that Earth is still drunk after crashing with that other planet! The moon always has to have some booze too! He isn't even a planet! Can you believe a moon getting booze? That's like giving vodka to a 5 year old!
16. Didn't you see in EBF4? If cats ran the earth we would have a massive boost both in magic and science!
17. Well, considering cats are carnivores, the Earth would be a much worse place. Most rodent and bird species will become extinct leading cats to become desperate and eat everything else, including dogs.
18. Sounds like humans in the future. We're killing other species and eventually we will kill all species and then we will die.
19. We breed animals, so we won't die due to lack of other species. If cats dominated, they would have capable minds too, so they would also breed their favourite prey.
Problems are in overpopulation and finite resources. I already experience a déjà vu and we didn't even start talking about this.
20. Maybe they should start putting deadly diseases into flu shots...I read a book that was like that once. They gave everyone a "vaccine" that actually killed them to help overpopulation. I forgot the title of that book.
21. They kill out of fun, too. But humans do that too. LBH, cats are only capable of being adorable and being killing machines.
You must be logged in to post a reply!